BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes: Season 1

Alright, it's finally here! I can't wait to get this started. :D

Heroes: Season 1

The general rules are what you guys are all used to: no nonsense posts, don’t be inactive, color code voting, blah blah blah…I’m not going to go into all of that. You’ve heard it thousands of times (well, maybe only ten or so). Though I am going to point out that there are backups for a reason, and they are free to replace anyone that's inactive (no posts for an entire day). Also, no info outside of this thread may be posted in this thread unless it relates to the Heroes storyline. That means no posting in text from PMs, and don't spy on PM activity either. Anyways, if you really want to know more specifics, check some of the older mafia games for help on how to play basics and stuff. Besides, this game should be more for the experienced players (and it is). Make sure you read all of the rules; some characters have some special requirements in certain situations.

The game works in cycles, like usual:

The Day: It lasts 24 hours exactly, every time, like always. During the day, everyone votes for someone to inject with the nullifier virus. The injection consists of the original strain of the Shanti Virus which Dr. Suresh Bio-engineered to nullify the abilities of anyone for 24 hours. When administering the virus, the blood of the injected will be analyzed and their ability will be revealed. However, if the same person is injected twice, then the strain mutates and kills the person.

The Night: It will be 18 hours like usual, and I must have all PMs in by that time. I have school, so the night post will probably not be posted at the same time, but most likely within 24 hours. This is when most actions are performed, specifically the killing ones.

The Villains:

The Company – A secret organization that has BTSC. Every night they can kill someone. They win if they are the only ones alive. HRG must be the one to PM me the kill, though it is not necessarily his decision. If he is dead, then it is decided among the remaining company members.

• Linderman – Each night may save one player (preferably a company member) however he may NOT save himself.

• Candice – Any night but not two in a row, she may alter the reality of any person and if a night role, their target is randomly redirected. That person will be notified that their target was redirected.

• HRG – Is the member of the Company that has the final say in who is killed each night. He is outed when he dies. He cannot be saved by Linderman.

• The Haitian – Any night but not two in a row, selects one player that will lose their role ability for that night or following day.

Sylar (aka Gabriel Gray) – He’s the ultimate baddie. If you’ve seen the show, you know what I mean. Every night, he has the capability to kill someone. After killing them he gains their ability for the rest of the game(without any restrictions on that ability), though he doesn’t find out what the ability is until he can use it. Along with killing someone and taking their ability, Sylar can also use one of the abilities that he has gained so far, but only one each night. Also, Sylar can kill Ted, but only if he uses both of his abilities at the same time on him (Sylar must use two kill abilities or his main kill ability plus Sylar saves himself with his extra ability to successfully kill Ted). He wins if he kills Claire. If Claire dies before Sylar can get to her, then he must be the last one standing to win the game.

The Heroes (win by killing the villains):

Peter Petrelli – Peter is the ultimate hero, however he is still not completely aware of his ability. Whenever anyone gets close to him he mimics their ability. Each night, anyone that uses their ability on Peter will have their own ability used against them also. Peter also gets to visit one person each night, and uses that person's ability against them. If Peter is visited by 3 or more people on the same night he will blow up and take everyone else that visited him with him. If he visits Hiro, he won’t be able to kill him. Any interaction with Peter (his or someone else’s) will cause both people to be referred to by their roles in the night post.

Nathan Petrelli – He can save someone each night by flying them to safety. He can’t save the same person two nights in a row.

Claire Bennet – May save one person any night but not two nights in a row. She is invincible to everyone as long as HRG is alive.

Hiro Nakamura – Every night he goes one night into the future (the following night) and kills one person of his choosing. That person is pronounced as Hiro's future target in the night post, though they are still alive until the following night and may defend themselves. OR Hiro may (every night except the first night) choose to cancel his kill choice from the previous night. Hiro's victims may not be protected by any saving role, and if Hiro dies after making his choice, the kill will still occur. Peter is immune to Hiro’s attack, so if Hiro attacks Peter, then it is revealed that Hiro attacked Peter but not which person he attacked, and neither dies.

Matt Parkman – chooses one person each day to read their mind and find their role. The target will be notified that they were discovered and may send one message to Matt. He cannot be protected two nights in a row.

Isaac Mendez – Each day he paints a picture showing the events of the night before and learns the roles of the people that died.

Molly Walker – Any day but not two days in a row, Molly can seek a HERO role of her choosing, and learns the identity of the player with that role.

DL – Has BTSC with Niki. Any night he can save one person, as long as Niki isn’t killing someone. If Niki dies, then DL gets restricted to use his ability any night but not two in a row.

Niki – Has BTSC with DL. Any night she can kill one person, as long as DL isn’t saving someone. If DL dies, then Niki gets restricted to use her ability any night but not two in a row.

Ted – With his radioactive powers, he can kill someone any night but not two in a row. However, due to his radioactivity, no one can come close to him, making it impossible for them to kill him. However, Ted was previously injected with a strain of the virus, and if he is injected again, he will die.

Intro

"Where does it come from? This quest…this need to solve life's mysteries with the simplest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we might be better off not looking at all. Not delving, not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here."

"Using my father's research, I tracked down many different people with various and amazing abilities. Levitation, teleportation, tissue regeneration. These abilities are no longer outside the realm of possibility of human evolution."

"I gathered many of these special people together so that we could learn the cause of all these seemingly spontaneous and rapid evolutionary mutations. All of these people seem very kind, and just as interested to learn about their abilities as I am."

"Then, just as I was starting to make progress in my lab… some other people came. They seemed just as interested in my research as I was, and they were willing to steal my research using any means necessary. There were four of them, they came into my lab and caught me by surprise. They injected me with some type of shot; however it didn't seem to do anything to me. A man in horn rimmed glasses kept a gun pointed at me; while I watched the other three rip apart my lab. They were searching for the flash drive I had hidden in my aquarium that contained all of my father's research. 'Nobody stands in the way of the company' said the man wearing the glasses. 'You can help us do this the easy way, or we can just find them ourselves."

Now a man, dark and quiet, approaches me… he puts his hand on my head… I...

"When I awoke, my place was trashed, and a few of the people that I was trying to help were kneeling over me. I told them I didn't remember what happened. By looking around, and seeing the destruction, but realizing that nothing had been stolen...it became apparent what they were looking for. Someone had come into my lab, and judging from the empty syringe on the floor, they knocked me out with some type of drug. Luckily, my flash drive was right where I had hidden it. But I still wondered, if they don't have this, then what did they find?"

"Once I was able to see straight, I got up and began to analyze the remnants in the shot they had injected me with. I was able to reconstruct it, and came to learn that it could actually take away abilities! But then I had no idea why I couldn't remember anything, and since the serum couldn't have had any effect on me... but those people didn't know that. Once I learned how to duplicate the substance that the company had injected into me, I decided that this would now give me the chance to take my revenge. I finally had the ability to take vengeance against the man that killed my father. In addition to that, I now had something that I could use against those people that attacked me in my lab."

"Quickly, the news spread among the kind people that had volunteered for my study that I now possessed something that could take away the abilities of those people with powers. Before I knew it there were 15 people at my door; many more than I had originally been studying. Some saying that they had found the man that had killed my father, others saying that they knew who had attacked my lab. I knew that the bad guys were hiding among these people, but I couldn't tell who was who. I can't remember anything from the night that my lab was attacked. All I know is that I don't know what's going on anymore."

"In this group there is an unimaginable amount of power... teamed up against someone, this group would be impossible to stop. I cannot be judge, jury, and executioner. I told them that if they choose someone in the group, I will inject them with the serum, and analyze a blood sample to determine the ability that person possesses. This seemed to be the best way... no, the only way to find those people that had destroyed my lab, and Sylar... the man that killed my father."

Roster

Host: Mohinder Suresh

1) Brandonb

2) Kathleen

3) Frozen

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

6) Sinistral

7) Cherry Lane

8) Crazypainter

9) Itachi

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious

12) Akaslickster

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

One last thing: I have to thank Brandonb for all his help, this game certainly wouldn't have been completed by now without his help, and he practically wrote the entire intro.

Edited by Frost

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, the first night will work like this. I want this game to start moving, so the confirmations will take place at the same time as the night. This means that not only should you confirm, but PM me your night action (if any) as well. To compensate for this, the first night will be 24 hours long so everyone will have time to confirm. If you don't confirm within the 24 hours, you will not be removed from the game, you simply won't make an action that night (if you would have).

I'll be sending out role confirmations now... B))

Edited by Frost

Great Intro, Frost and brandon. :D It definitely has the makings of an uber-interesting plot. BTW, why an Indian host?

The character on the show who tries to gather all the heroes is an Indian scientist, GC :) He's just keeping with the storyline of the show. Very cool idea btw.

The character on the show who tries to gather all the heroes is an Indian scientist, GC :) He's just keeping with the storyline of the show. Very cool idea btw.

Thanks. It was very difficult to make them all fit together with the abilities, and make a story that would bring them all together, and give frost an appropriate role title instead of "They met because A Super Powered Host God Penguin decreed it" :P

Hey DL... Mind saving me tonight? ;)

Also, a reminder about Peter...

Peter reflects all abilities back at people. So if he is attacked, he will die (unless he's also being saved), but he will also kill his attacker (unless the attacker is being saved of course). EXCEPT if attacked by HRG. HRG has no ability to reflect, so he gets a clean kill on Peter (again, unless someone else tries to save Peter). Also, HRG does not add to Peter's '3 count'

Hey DL... Mind saving me tonight? ;)

Also, a reminder about Peter...

Peter reflects all abilities back at people. So if he is attacked, he will die (unless he's also being saved), but he will also kill his attacker (unless the attacker is being saved of course). EXCEPT if attacked by HRG. HRG has no ability to reflect, so he gets a clean kill on Peter (again, unless someone else tries to save Peter). Also, HRG does not add to Peter's '3 count'

:wacko: can I say that again? :wacko:

But it is a very good point to restate. Also, the fasct that if 3 of us visit him for whatever reason, save, heal, etc.. he could take us all with him. Hmmm interesting playing point.

edit: so night 1 is over at 1:30 pst tomarrow.

Edited by crazypainter

:wacko: can I say that again? :wacko:

But it is a very good point to restate. Also, the fasct that if 3 of us visit him for whatever reason, save, heal, etc.. he could take us all with him. Hmmm interesting playing point.

yeah... but there's an exception to that rule also... but we'll just leave that as a surprise if it happens, or if someone can figure it out for themselves B))

We've really been working on this alot to make the roles interact correctly. The possibilities are astounding... mainly in the way that interactions happen with Peter... it can be quite complicated, but I think we have mapped out the results of just about every possible scenario.

Also, don't forget about Hiro. His abilities are gonna put a sick twist in this game. If my predictions are correct, the lynchings are going to involve heavy discussion about who is going to be injected with the serum, AND whether or not Hiro should retract his kill ;) .

ok this is interesting...good for us innocents as if any of the baddies go for peter then they are revealed...

but we dont want to off HRG because that will make Claire able to be killed. I dont see any other way to

lose her unless HRG is killed. Am I right in this Bb?

So we must be aware that someone may claim that HRG role in the hope that we wont inject him/her.

Am I making sense?

ok this is interesting...good for us innocents as if any of the baddies go for peter then they are revealed...

but we dont want to off HRG because that will make Claire able to be killed. I dont see any other way to

lose her unless HRG is killed. Am I right in this Bb?

So we must be aware that someone may claim that HRG role in the hope that we wont inject him/her.

Am I making sense?

You got it! They have something comparable to a ninja/defender+masked-lover type of relationship (of course I am relating it to the roles of older mafia games and am not referring to anything incestuous :P ) Yeah, the only way to kill Claire is to have HRG killed first. If Claire is lynched, then she does not have the invulnerability to save someone else, however, HRG will still protect her.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Brandonb

Okay, here's a dumb question... Is HRG the man in the horn-rimmed glasses? If so, that's Claire's dad right (well, adoptive dad)? If I'm correct, then when did Claire's dad turn to the bad side?? He was one of the good guys when I stopped watching the show.

Okay, here's a dumb question... Is HRG the man in the horn-rimmed glasses? If so, that's Claire's dad right (well, adoptive dad)? If I'm correct, then when did Claire's dad turn to the bad side?? He was one of the good guys when I stopped watching the show.

Yes, he is the man in the horn-rimmed glasses. Remember, this is season 1, and for most of season 1 HRG was viewed as a bad guy because he was working with the company to "bag and tag" people with abilities.