BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

Hey guys!!

My friend Ellena J s writing a book, and is hopeing to publish it!!

Here is the site we (she) made for it (i showed her how but she did it!!):

http://www.cityofanellma.4mg.com/index.html

Note: the custom 4 page is about the authors. She's not finished with the page yet.

Tell me ur comments on the guestbook or here. She's writing another book called The realms of elderia (that isn't the final name though)

Here's that site:

www.elderia.faithweb.com

I made that one.

Tell me!! :lol: :lol: :):)B))B))

13 answers to this question

Thanks!!!

You have to keep adding to the page, to get viewers interested and keep them coming back for more. So prehaps every month or so add information about a new character, or a sneak peak at a "interesting" section of the book ( which makes sense without any background knowlegde). Start describing the world, maps, citys, all without giving too much away!

ok heres the rest of my critique,

1. fix the about the authors page, now. make the link right, fix spelling and make the bio's as well written as the book, i really wasnt impressed with that part,

2.whats up with that insert sub-header here thing ?

3. general polish and mabey some diversity between pages.

4.make the guestbook on the site, not on a link

5. those spoilers are a little iffy, you may just not want them at all

6. i got the feeling the authors were young, but 12 and 13, thats impressive!

7. i have the site in my quick links bar so im going to go back to it, im actually really interested.

8. overall i think its very good, mabey you should check out some other authors sites to get ideas to make yours more proffessional.

:) i hope my comments helped :)

ok heres the rest of my critique,

1. fix the about the authors page, now. make the link right, fix spelling and make the bio's as well written as the book, i really wasnt impressed with that part,

2.whats up with that insert sub-header here thing ?

3. general polish and mabey some diversity between pages.

4.make the guestbook on the site, not on a link

5. those spoilers are a little iffy, you may just not want them at all

6. i got the feeling the authors were young, but 12 and 13, thats impressive!

7. i have the site in my quick links bar so im going to go back to it, im actually really interested.

8. overall i think its very good, mabey you should check out some other authors sites to get ideas to make yours more proffessional.

:) i hope my comments helped :)

2) it's a free site, since ..( 6) ) we're 12. she's only a bit older then me and you can see when i was born on my page. I'm not rich yet (sadly!)!!

4) what do you mean?? click on 'guestbook' and ur there!?! that's the way the site was set up, sorry. mabye if you tell me what you mean, i'll get it.

8) good idea.....i didn't think of that!!!

your comments were VERY helpful.

Thanks!!

It was pretty good... You might want to get her to put a little more in about the book... I didn't quite get how the City work into it... I'm actually writing a book... I posted an excerpt from it on The Theater

That's good!!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Theater/index.php?act=idx

do you have a site??

Nice cover picture. Way too many popups and ads. I guess you need that to get it hosted for free but it's so annoying. If you ever want to advertise it seriously I'd stump up the cash and move it somewhere nicer. Web hosting isn't that expensive.