BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Prologue

Another morning sun ray shine on the Khatuwa Forest. All kind of animals wake up except those who have greatest hunting at night.

Woon walked to the center of the forest. He knew he have done something wrong but he has no choice but has to face it.

In front of him was a giant tree. Vines from size of an elephant to tiny hair grow around the tree. The tree sounds is breathing.

woon: Dra-kha-de-morn (means Good Morning) to my lord.

*****: woon, I never expect you have such a bravado to do this.

Woon: My lord…..

*****: You use my name for the recruitment?

Woon: Yes my lord, but I thought….

A vine stroke towards woon body and push him away from few meters. Woon stood up slowly.

******: Are you upset?

Woon: No my lord. I deserve your punishment. I shouldn’t use your name, the God of forest, to recruit 10 of them.

God of Forest: I spare you this time. Now go and perform your duty.

Woon: Yes, my lord.

Woon retreat from the center of the forest and walked towards his next destination.

Address the link here for Detail of the Game "Battle of Warriors"

• Answers 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Puzzle was easy!! :D

When do we battle animals?

every non-prime day except 1 the original thread stated. So we get to fight with animals on day 4,6,8,9,10 etc... I presume we will have more information on day 4 when we first fight with the animals, as i asked the same question in the sign up thread and got the answer that more information will be given when needed

edit: typo

Edited by reaymond

After the first few rounds of this game i think i have noticed a slight game fault. At the moment if 2 warriors challenge the same person, then the first one to PM is taken into account and their avatar will attack the warrior, leaving the "slower" poster to be at a disadvantage potentially having to defend themselves from two attacks. As I am living in the U.K, i feel that i am one of these warrios at a slight disadvantage, as i am always offline in the early morning when the "day" ends and the rest of the players send their PM's for the moves in. I realise that this will always be a problem no matter when you end the daytime, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to find a more suitable method of selecting the partnerships between the warriors so that the contestants that are online when the day is finished don't always have the upper hand. The problem has been solved with giving out thre rewards as these alternate between the 2/3 different rewards that are handed out after the quiz - maybe the same solution could be used to solve this problem - e.g. the first time it happens, the first warriors gets the battle, the 2nd time the second warrior get the battle, 3rd time the 3rd warrior. If there are only 2 warriors then maybe we cuold revert back to the start again. Another possible solution I have come up with would be to use a random calculation or something else of that sort to solve the problems that occur when a warrior faces three battles, so that the first PM that Woon recieves doesn't always get the attacking advantages, including the second battle and the extra experience. I originally send this message as a PM to Woon but after recieving his reply i felt that i would be beneficial for Woon and the 2nd round of this game ( yes Woon 2nd round i will be there :P) if we solved as many problems as possible in this first trial run. If anybody else has views on this topic or feel that the disadvantage affects them aswell then feel free to reply to this essay (lol i can't help myself) and post your personal opinions aswell

Many thanks for your consideration about this problem, and I hope to here replies about this problem along with Woon's ideas as the host(ess) as this game

Reaymond

edit: inevitably there was always going to be one typo in that essay :P

Edited by reaymond

After the first few rounds of this game i think i have noticed a slight game fault. At the moment if 2 warriors challenge the same person, then the first one to PM is taken into account and their avatar will attack the warrior, leaving the "slower" poster to be at a disadvantage potentially having to defend themselves from two attacks. As I am living in the U.K, i feel that i am one of these warrios at a slight disadvantage, as i am always offline in the early morning when the "day" ends and the rest of the players send their PM's for the moves in. I realise that this will always be a problem no matter when you end the daytime, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to find a more suitable method of selecting the partnerships between the warriors so that the contestants that are online when the day is finished don't always have the upper hand. The problem has been solved with giving out thre rewards as these alternate between the 2/3 different rewards that are handed out after the quiz - maybe the same solution could be used to solve this problem - e.g. the first time it happens, the first warriors gets the battle, the 2nd time the second warrior get the battle, 3rd time the 3rd warrior. If there are only 2 warriors then maybe we cuold revert back to the start again. Another possible solution I have come up with would be to use a random calculation or something else of that sort to solve the problems that occur when a warrior faces three battles, so that the first PM that Woon recieves doesn't always get the attacking advantages, including the second battle and the extra experience. I originally send this message as a PM to Woon but after recieving his reply i felt that i would be beneficial for Woon and the 2nd round of this game ( yes Woon 2nd round i will be there :P ) if we solved as many problems as possible in this first trial run. If anybody else has views on this topic or feel that the disadvantage affects them aswell then feel free to reply to this essay (lol i can't help myself) and post your personal opinions aswell

Many thanks for your consideration about this problem, and I hope to here replies about this problem along with Woon's ideas as the host(ess) as this game

Reaymond

edit: inevitably there was always going to be one typo in that essay :P

Agreed :P I'm from the UK too, and I find it very annoying that just as I go to bed, the day ends and it is quite likely that I will lose out :mad: (especially as i'm only a child and can't even stay up late as adults like you lot :mad::D )How about this idea:

We(Woon acually since he is the host :P ) work out the time differences of where everyone is and pick a set time. Let's say 6pm. Then, Woon has a list of everybody's '6pm' and when that is in his time(wherever he is). For example:

Name...........Time where woon is when it's

6PM in player's time

FIF...............7PM

Kat...............3PM

Crazypainter...4PM

Ben Law.........4PM

Dragonjest22...4PM

Panther..........8PM

Izzy...............10PM

JS.................3PM

GC.................9PM

Raeymond.......2PM

Remember, this is an example, not the actual times.

This would work like this:

Woon looks at the chart and sees that when it is 6PM for JS, it is only 3PM where he is. He waits till 3PM, and then when he gets the PM from JS, he sees how much after 3PM it is. For example, if it was 3.20 when JS PM's him, then JS's time is 20mins. If it was 3.30 when JS PM'd him, then JS's time would be 30mins. Woon does the same for everyone else, and the person with the lowest time's choices get the highest priority.

He simply works down the list of times and ranks them in order. So if I PM'd him 10 mins after the specified time, and Kat PM'd him 11min after the specified time, then my choices get looked at first.

This would obviously work with any desired time.

What do y'all think? ;):lol:

Thats...really confusing :wacko: I don't know, that would take lots of time zone calculation, what do you think Woon?

~Kat

Edit: 8 more posts ^_^

It would take lots of calculation, but maybe we could use reaymond's idea just now, and use mine in BOW 2(If there is one! :D (There had better be one!! ;) ))

If we end up using Panther's idea, I would rather we chose a different time than 6 pm local, because that's right about when I eat dinner. Due to this and other conflicts, it may be difficult to choose a time that would be fair for all of the players.

Agreed :P I'm from the UK too, and I find it very annoying that just as I go to bed, the day ends and it is quite likely that I will lose out :mad: (especially as i'm only a child and can't even stay up late as adults like you lot :mad::D )How about this idea:

We(Woon acually since he is the host :P ) work out the time differences of where everyone is and pick a set time. Let's say 6pm. Then, Woon has a list of everybody's '6pm' and when that is in his time(wherever he is). For example:

6PM in player's time

FIF...............7PM

Kat...............3PM

Crazypainter...4PM

Ben Law.........4PM

Dragonjest22...4PM

Panther..........8PM

Izzy...............10PM

JS.................3PM

GC.................9PM

Raeymond.......2PM

Woon looks at the chart and sees that when it is 6PM for JS, it is only 3PM where he is. He waits till 3PM, and then when he gets the PM from JS, he sees how much after 3PM it is. For example, if it was 3.20 when JS PM's him, then JS's time is 20mins. If it was 3.30 when JS PM'd him, then JS's time would be 30mins. Woon does the same for everyone else, and the person with the lowest time's choices get the highest priority.

He simply works down the list of times and ranks them in order. So if I PM'd him 10 mins after the specified time, and Kat PM'd him 11min after the specified time, then my choices get looked at first.

Its a nice idea, but getting 10 people to agree on a specific time is going to be hard work, e.g. some people may have school from 8-5, ,others may be working at a completely different time i.e. night shifts. As well as this i have swimming commitments and will be unable to be online until 7 pm most weekdays ( 9pm wednesdays). Not to be biased or anything, but i think that my idea to solve this problem the same way that we solve the rewards for puzzles is the best one so far. To explain it a bit better ill give an example.

Night 1

1 - PLayer 1 attack Player 2

2 - Player 3 attack Player 2

3 - Player 2 attack PLayer 4

obviously the last battle will take place of there is just these 4 players. This time Player 1 will attack player 2 as he Pm'd first.

Night 2

1 - PLayer 1 attack Player 4

2 - Player 2 attack Player 4

3 - Player 4 attack PLayer 3

Once again the last battle will take place, but this time player 2 will attack player 4, as he Pm'd second

Night 3

Battle 3 is certain again, but this time the 3rd of the "tied battles" will take place. Therefore battle 1 is first, battle 2 is second and we then revert back to the start again so battle 1 is the "3rd submitted post" which means that battle 1 will take place. If that makes sense to everyone then either agree or disagree.

On a different note when is this round going to end?

If we end up using Panther's idea, I would rather we chose a different time than 6 pm local, because that's right about when I eat dinner. Due to this and other conflicts, it may be difficult to choose a time that would be fair for all of the players.

That would put too much pressure on our host. I think it is up to him to think of a plan that is best and also convenient to him. Remember, this is not the only game that he is hosting and I must tell you that hosting such a game is not easy :D

And thanks for being such a good host Woon :rolleyes:

That would put too much pressure on our host. I think it is up to him to think of a plan that is best and also convenient to him. Remember, this is not the only game that he is hosting and I must tell you that hosting such a game is not easy :D

agreed with that BL, another reason for the same solution for 2 problems idea :P

Edited by reaymond

Not to be biased or anything, but i think that my idea to solve this problem the same way that we solve the rewards for puzzles is the best one so far. To explain it a bit better ill give an example.

Night 1

obviously the last battle will take place of there is just these 4 players. This time Player 1 will attack player 2 as he Pm'd first.

Night 2

1 - PLayer 1 attack Player 4

2 - Player 2 attack Player 4

3 - Player 4 attack PLayer 3

Once again the last battle will take place, but this time player 2 will attack player 4, as he Pm'd second

Night 3

Battle 3 is certain again, but this time the 3rd of the "tied battles" will take place. Therefore battle 1 is first, battle 2 is second and we then revert back to the start again so battle 1 is the "3rd submitted post" which means that battle 1 will take place. If that makes sense to everyone then either agree or disagree.

... I'm confused. Personally, I think the way the system works now is fine. Then again, I don't live in the UK, so that's not really an issue for me. I'm fine with whatever Woon chooses to do.

Do you understand how the rewards for the puzzles work? It alternates between rewards to make it fair for those offline when the puzzle is posted. Basically its the same thing with my above solution. Alternate between the position of post that gets to attack the challenged warrior.

Lol i just realised im in a lose-lose situation.

If i get the rules changed to be fairer then everyone will hate me for removing their advantage and i will be attacked by 9 people tonight, meaning i will have to defend myself twice <_<

Okay, here's why we shouldn't do that. I'll use player 1 and 2 as examples. Let's say player one if from London, and we decide the riddle should be posted noon London time. Player 2 can be from Orlando, with a time of -5. Let's say player 1 sends in the answer to their riddle at 1PM their time, because they logged on just as the riddle was posted. Now, player two logs on at 11AM their time (Making it 4PM in London), solves the riddle, and waits until noon exactly to send it in. This makes the time they took to solve it seem like 0:00 even if they took x amount of time.

Woon should just post the riddle, whenever, and award people in whatever order the PMs came in.

But that is the problem we are trying to solve Izzy...

It's not a problem though. Then again, I don't live in the UK. ;)

No matter how we do it, someone will be unhappy. The optimal solution, be online to the best of your ability. It's not like the prizes are ranked so that if you post first, you get the best thing.

It's not a problem though. Then again, I don't live in the UK. ;)

No matter how we do it, someone will be unhappy. The optimal solution, be online to the best of your ability. It's not like the prizes are ranked so that if you post first, you get the best thing.

I think you may have misunderstood me Izzy and i apologise if my last comment appeared to be rather harsh. What i am trying to solve is that the order the battle are fought in, gives a distinct advantage to those who PM'd which warrior they would like to challenge in first to Woon, but as the "daytime" ends when U.K. is relatively offline i'm am one of those at a disadvantage

6PM in player's time

FIF...............7PM

Kat...............3PM

Crazypainter...4PM

Ben Law.........4PM

Dragonjest22...4PM

Panther..........8PM

Izzy...............10PM

JS.................3PM

GC.................9PM

Raeymond.......2PM

Thanks for Panther and Reaymond's suggestion.

I do appreciate as players give suggestion means they really want this game improved.

In fact I am thinking another solution like this:

1) Any warrior that reached level 3, can accept 3 battles, which mean 1 from his choice, 2 from other challengers.

2) Every warrior, are given 2 chances for fighting. Which means if you choose the warrior who already meet 2 challnges (who below level 2) or 3 challenges (who above level 3), I will randomly choose your opponents So at least you can have 1 battle. But you only have 2 time being treated like this.

I think these 2 will totally increase the probability a lot for player at least can have 1 battle in any night. What do you think?

p/s

Loki and Dali are totally having no luck in night 2 because

a) They choose warrior who already had fight 2 rounds

b) No warrior choose them as thier target.

Thank for the compliment, BL. But I knew I have a lot more improvements need to be done.

Ya, it is not easy for hosting a game. I really amzed how Taliesin can host 3 games in the same time. :P

Chapter 5-3. Day 2 Answer

As what you all guessing, the answer of Day 2 Puzzle is

"Orange Potion".

Well done everyone! :D

So the rewards go to………

Placing......Warrior.....................Rewards

1............Sir Francis.................Aiming Power lvl 1 (Atk +1)

2............Corynhoole..................Yellow Potion (+ HP 40)

3............Froggy......................Armor lvl 1 (Def +1)

4............Yannick.....................Aiming Power lvl 1 (Atk +1)

5............Solembum....................Yellow Potion (+ HP 40)

6............Red Dragon..................Armor lvl 1 (Def +1)

7............Zhchious....................Aiming Power lvl 1 (Atk +1)

8............Loki........................Yellow Potion (+ HP 40)

9............Salvador Dali...............Armor lvl 1 (Def +1)

10...........Unlucky 13..................Yellow Potion (+ HP 40)

Yes, I am showing warrior's name instead of players' names this time.

Let me know what do you think about this. If I show players' names in the rewards, then I won't include Inventory column in Nights' result. Otherwise it give others bigger clues to figure who is who. If I show warriors, I can include Inventory column in night result post where you doesn't need to bother this part that much.

I welcome your votes. :)

So Day 2 ends. PM me whom you would like to challenge in Nigh 3.

Enjoy.

Let me know what do you think about this. If I show players' names in the rewards, then I won't include Inventory column in Nights' result. Otherwise it give others bigger clues to figure who is who. If I show warriors, I can include Inventory column in night result post where you doesn't need to bother this part that much.

I welcome your votes. :)

Good idea. I think you should just do it that way and not post the inventory items at all. ;)