BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

25 answers to this question

Loved and Cherished - adored?

Wild Animal with Tusks - could be boar, elephant...

Carbonated beverage - Soda, pop

To counter the effects - I think this is connected to the last line. The 'effects' could be sleepiness, so pop/soda would work (I think andromeda may have thought of this from 'What's wrong with Joe?').

I'm going with the assumption that we need to get letters from each line, but I'm not sure how to do that.

In other words, I haven't the slightest clue, but maybe some of you do! :)

Loved and Cherished - adored?

Wild Animal with Tusks - could be boar, elephant...

Carbonated beverage - Soda, pop

To counter the effects - I think this is connected to the last line. The 'effects' could be sleepiness, so pop/soda would work (I think andromeda may have thought of this from 'What's wrong with Joe?').

I'm going with the assumption that we need to get letters from each line, but I'm not sure how to do that.

In other words, I haven't the slightest clue, but maybe some of you do! :)

I am not sure the "Unlike my previous one" mean this time. Unlike from 15 (which is referring to the same thing) or unlike from most of them (which is joining letter and words)?

It's unlike anything I ever written

Now Kioshanta got one thing, one line right!

I won't say which one cause it would be to easy then, but it has NOTHING to do with Joe!!!

every of the first 4 lines are describing something different. You are not assembling anything, but somehow those 4 things that are NOT will give you what that something IS!

Fun riddle! ;)

Edited by andromeda

[spoiler=Definitely fun but your lock riddle is giving me a headache :P ]

Loved and cherished - Apple(apple of my eyes)?

Wild animal with tusks - Boar

Carbonated beverage - Coca-cola

To counter the effects - Drugs

All these things I'm

Most certainly not

But can you tell me

What could I be?

The first letters of the 4 words are A, B, C, D. So maybe you are the set of alphabets in the english language? :P

It's unlike anything I ever written

Now Kioshanta got one thing, one line right!

I won't say which one cause it would be to easy then, but it has NOTHING to do with Joe!!!

every of the first 4 lines are describing something different. You are not assembling anything, but somehow those 4 things that are NOT will give you what that something IS!

Fun riddle! ;)

It is a group of 5 and since the 4 have revealed, the unrevealed one is the answer you are looking for?

It is a group of 5 and since the 4 have revealed, the unrevealed one is the answer you are looking for?

No, no, no

it's a group of four that will somehow reveal what I'm looking for. Cause there can be more words in that group, but I only put these 4 and the fifth is the answer + there are more of those. But the puzzle is assembled so that it's pointing on a one single word! Without a doubt!

;)

This seems like quite a challenging riddle.

Here is what I'm thinking along with the help of the hints given so far.

Loved and cherished - Marriage

Carbonated beverage - Champagne

To counter the effects - Antidote

The antidote to a boring marriage is champagne. Ha ha

5 words, 4 of them are Marriage, Boar, Champagne, and Antidote. Is the answer, baby, birth, or child ?

line 1: beloved?

line 2: boar - as you confirmed

line 3: soft drink?

line 4: neutralize?

am I close on any of those??

Nope. But think about this

Why would I tell you that it's way TOO easy to solve the riddle after you guess the first one. You guessed boar. Why is this riddle easy?

:lol:

Nope. But think about this
Why would I tell you that it's way TOO easy to solve the riddle after you guess the first one. You guessed boar. Why is this riddle easy?

Don't toy with me like that Andromeda, I'm too dim-witted!

you're NOT a boar.

:P

This seems like quite a challenging riddle.

Here is what I'm thinking along with the help of the hints given so far.

Loved and cherished - Marriage

Carbonated beverage - Champagne

To counter the effects - Antidote

The antidote to a boring marriage is champagne. Ha ha

5 words, 4 of them are Marriage, Boar, Champagne, and Antidote. Is the answer, baby, birth, or child ?

Sorry I didn't see your answer earlier. Welcome to the Den!

Your answer is incorrect but I like it! ;)

medicine? or is it specific again?

so is this specific like coca-cola or is it just like soda or pop or beer or some other thing maybe carbonated water
:D

I thought I'm gonna torture you some more, but for the beverage it's

BEER

Now that you have two lines it should be much easier for you to figure out the rest and the final solution.

;)

im not sure of the significance of this, but

both of the lines we have, have the same first and last letter. they are both b_ _r. i am thinking that maybe the answers to all of the lines fit that.

maybe not.

im not sure of the significance of this, but
both of the lines we have, have the same first and last letter. they are both b_ _r. i am thinking that maybe the answers to all of the lines fit that.
maybe not.

Yes and no!

That is significant for the final solution, but not all lines fit there, but somehow they still fit. How?

:D

WHAT?! HOW CAN SOMEONE GUESS THE RIGHT ANSWER TO A RIDDLE WHEN THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO ANSWER ONE SECTION OF IT?! so, how did you do it, RiddL3R?

I think I know how to solve line by line

look at the riddle:

Loved and cherished - dear

Wild animal with tusks - boar

Carbonated beverage - beer

To counter the effects - beat

All these things I’m

Most certainly not

But can you tell me

What could I be?

each line change the letter where the position is same as the line number, but all of them are none the answer, the origninal answer is Bear!

RiddL3R by luck hit the line 1 by thinking 'bear' is the answer for line 1.

Fantastic Andromeda, this sure receive ***** from me! :D

Loved and cherished - dear

Wild animal with tusks - boar

Carbonated beverage - beer

To counter the effects - beat

Each clue-answer is 4 letters long. For each letter spot 3 of the clue-answers have the same letter. Put the most common letters together to get the answer bear.

And here is what I'm thinking...

I was thinking how to make a different riddle and I originally wanted to start with the word BEER as the final solution, but I couldn't find enough words (I was in a hurry) that vary from the word BEER in just one letter. However, then I found out that the word BEAR would be a much better solution for my riddle.

Originally after every of those first four lines I wanted to write "I'm not, but what could I bee?", but I realized that would be too much! Anyway here is the solution as I intended to write it down as a final solution.

Loved and cherished - DEAR

Wild animal with tusks - BOAR

Carbonated beverage - BEER

To counter the effects - BEAT

All these things I’m

Most certainly not

But can you tell me

What could I be?

So this way by adding all those letters together you would see that the word BEAR is the solution. But that is a very unconvincing explanation. I realized that when I've seen dms172's explanation, and his explanation beats mine by a MILE!!!

Nice job dms172!!! (And kudos to Woon and Troglodyte712 for being almost there exactly where I was ;) )

:)

Edited by andromeda