BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale: Bleached

itachi-san

Holy crud! I went out on a date and I come back I'm I'm being lynched? I haven't ready why yet, but do I have time for a defense or is the day already over? I'm not going to waste time regardless and just come right out and say that I am Gaara. I targeted JS last night for no other reason than I didn't want to waste a defense on the first night.

Now, I'm going to go back several pages and read what has gone on in the past few hours to get me into this predicament.

hmm... well if this is true... then i am sorry that your were a victim of the bandwaggon... I am not sure if i believe you... but that is just me... i'm going to change my vote back to FIF since I am in the clear... I AM NOW VOTING FOR FIF...

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, for crying out loud, I'm sorry I said anything about Mekal. I don't know anything anymore than you people do...I just took some cues from the story. I realize that I am probably coming in too late to have a chance for everyone to log on and possibly change their vote, so I'll take the fall if I have to. That's me, afterall...always the first one lynched. :P

But, just for the record...I AM GAARA. Do with me what you will, but the result will be that both LeLouche and Grimmjow will still be on the loose and the heros will have one less ally.

Also, just for the record, since everyone else seems to think that Mekal is indeed a hero (which was not the concensus when I left for my date, btw) then I will change my vote and choose to vote for no one since I didn't see any real evidence about anyone...ESPECIALLY ME!

EDIT: added roster

Recruiter: Toushiro

1) JS -DEAD (killed by Gaara)

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Cherry Lane UNblindfolded

3) Mekal - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

4) Prince Marth - DEAD (killed by Aizen)

5) GC - voting for Kat, unblindfolded

6) woon - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

7) CrazyPainter - DEAD (killed by Chad and Ishida)

8) Cherry Lane

9) FIF - voting for Mekal UNblindfolded

10) PG - aka Gaara is NOT VOTING but instead going down because a bunch of zealots needed someone to crucify in my absence.

11) Brandonb - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

12) Sinistral - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

13) Kat - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

14) Wally West - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

15) dawh - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

16) Laharl - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

17) sweetness kat - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

EDIT: I may sound pissed, but I'm not...I know this is just a game and I suppose I seem as likely a suspect as anyone. Just sucks to not be around to defend yourself, right Mekal?

Edited by puzzlegirl

I'm sorry, Puzzlegirl, it may just be your bad luck, but I am having trouble believing you. I think that if a Villain claimed a role, it would most likely be one that attacked last night, because they all have some chance of being dead. And if Prince Marth was Gaara, then there would be three Villains, the RCs, who would know Gaara was dead and that their claim to that role would be undisputed. If you are really unlucky enough to be Gaara, I'm sorry, but right now I don't believe it.

Okay, for crying out loud, I'm sorry I said anything about Mekal. I don't know anything anymore than you people do...I just took some cues from the story. I realize that I am probably coming in too late to have a chance for everyone to log on and possibly change their vote, so I'll take the fall if I have to. That's me, afterall...always the first one lynched. :P

But, just for the record...I AM GAARA. Do with me what you will, but the result will be that both LeLouche and Grimmjow will still be on the loose and the heros will have one less ally.

Also, just for the record, since everyone else seems to think that Mekal is indeed a hero (which was not the concensus when I left for my date, btw) then I will change my vote and choose to vote for no one since I didn't see any real evidence about anyone...ESPECIALLY ME!

EDIT: added roster

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Cherry Lane UNblindfolded

3) Mekal - voting for Frozen in Fire, unblindfolded

5) GC - voting for Kat, unblindfolded

6) woon - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

8) Cherry Lane

9) FIF - voting for Mekal UNblindfolded

10) PG - aka Gaara is NOT VOTING but instead going down because a bunch of zealots needed someone to crucify in my absence.

11) Brandonb - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

12) Sinistral - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

13) Kat - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

14) Wally West - voting for Puzzlegirl unblindfolded

15) dawh - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

16) Laharl - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

17) sweetness kat - voting for Puzzlegirl, unblindfolded

EDIT: I may sound pissed, but I'm not...I know this is just a game and I suppose I seem as likely a suspect as anyone. Just sucks to not be around to defend yourself, right Mekal?

ya... I really am truly sorry about this... I hope you (and all of your other... well... followers?) have a greate time in heaven... Try to get me a slice of divine pizza :PI hope to see you in CSM2... Oh... and you forgot to switch my vote...

Edited by Mekal

Okay, well, like I said, it's pretty much too late for me. I just wanted to go on the record, that's all. Now, if you all will excuse me...I just got home from a date and my husband leaves tomorrow morning for a 4-day business trip...he'd probably appreciate it if I joined him in bed. ;)

I look forward to my lynching and your reactions (at least I won't be blindfolded so that I can see your remorseful faces :P)

Okay, well, like I said, it's pretty much too late for me. I just wanted to go on the record, that's all. Now, if you all will excuse me...I just got home from a date and my husband leaves tomorrow morning for a 4-day business trip...he'd probably appreciate it if I joined him in bed. ;)

I look forward to my lynching and your reactions (at least I won't be blindfolded so that I can see your remorseful faces :P)

You have absolutly no idea how much will power it is taking me not to say what i was about to say... you know what? screw it...

Have fun :P

Day 1: Exit Sandman

The remaining 13 Characters bound PG's arms behind her back and pushed her in front of the crowd. They all walked slowly up the seemingly never-ending stairs of Soul Society's central building. 8 of them either had their weapons pointed at her throat or were ready to use them if she struggled. PG didn't show any sign of hostility though and let them walk her toward her doom.

PG: For the last time, I'm Gaara. I swear. Nobody ever believes me and I always get voted to die first...

Wally West: Well you're right about two things at least... We don't believe you and your voted to die first. Now move!

Toushiro waited at the front doors to the Captain's Room. His arms were folded, but he showed no expression.

Toushiro: I see you've chosen PG to die today. Very well. Everyone is to wait out here. Only those about to be judged may enter this room. Come with me PG.

Toushiro followed her into a brightly lit room, where all of Soul Society's Captains stood in two parallel lines waiting for her arrival. The doors slammed behind her and Toushiro took his place among the Captains. Central to them was the Captain Commander Yama-Jii. None of their gazes met her's as if they were all indifferent. The only one who seemed to even notice her was Yama-Jii. His eyes were closed when she entered the room, but he slowly opened them.

bleach_yamajii0006.jpg

Yama-Jii: You are not one that should die, but we must adhere to the rules. If we do not obey the rules, then who will? I appreciate you're cooperation PG. Today's duty does not bring us joy. Captain Kuchiki, execute this one.

Byakuya stepped forward and raised his soul's sword, Senbonzakura, in front of his face. He walked to the middle of the room and faced PG.

Byakuya: My apologies Gaara, but this must be done. Since I can feel how powerful you are, I must use this technique to kill you. Scatter Senbonzakura.

Senbonzakura.jpg

Byakuya's sword began to break apart into thousands of tiny petals and then all in one lightning fast movement they shot through Gaara's natural sand defenses and killed him.

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

5) GC

6) woon

8) Cherry Lane

9) FIF

10) PG -DEAD (executed and found to be Gaara)

11) Brandonb

12) Sinistral

13) Kat

14) Wally West

15) dawh

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

Toushiro emerged from the room expressionless. "Gaara has been executed." There were a number of slight sighs, some of relief and some of woe, but their intents were all cleverly masked so none could tell who felt which way. "There are 13 of you left now. Act wisely tonight Heroes, we can't afford to let Soul Society fall into the wrong hands. Night 2 begins now. It will end once I've gotten all of your pms. Good luck."

Darn! I'm sorry, PG, I guess you were very unlucky after all. I guess this means Prince Marth had to be Chad, Ishida, or Rukia. If the chronology is correct and CP can't be Rukia then she had to be a Villain, either Lelouch or Aizen.

Edited by Wally West

On a different note, I've been looking at the circle of deaths and if the kills are dependent on each other (ie. one of the killers became someone else's target) and since there must be one, CrazyPainter creates the loop. There are four possible dependency loops as I see it (someone correct me if they see another one.)

1. CrazyPainter was Gaara and Joe's Student was Ishida or Chad.

2. CrazyPainter was Aizen or LeLouche and Prince Marth was Ishida or Chad.

Either way Ishida and/or Chad died last night.

Actually, I just thought of a third possible way that's more convoluted. :wacko:

3. CP was Aizen or LeLouche, Prince Marth was Gaara and Joe's Student was Ishida or Chad.

And yet another (double) dependency:

4. CP was Gaara, JS was Aizen or LeLouche, PM was Ishida or Chad.

We know that PM's kill was manipulated by Aizen, so if (2) is true, then CP was LeLouche.

If (1) is true, then PM is whoever JS was not.

If (3) or (4) is true, hmm...I can't draw any further conclusions. :(

Drat...We guessed wrong there. :o I often realize too late that I shouldn't trust myself. <_<

The only good news from this exchange is the fact that I outlined in this post. This means that CP was LeLouche, so he's out of the equation. Now we just have to find the remaining Villains.

JS was either one of Ichigo's companions :( or Aizen. :) Anyone have any likely suspects for additional Villains?

Sorry, I definitely dropped the ball on this one. :blush:

Drat...We guessed wrong there. :o I often realize too late that I shouldn't trust myself. <_<

The only good news from this exchange is the fact that I outlined in this post. This means that CP was LeLouche, so he's out of the equation. Now we just have to find the remaining Villains.

JS was either one of Ichigo's companions :( or Aizen. :) Anyone have any likely suspects for additional Villains?

Sorry, I definitely dropped the ball on this one. :blush:

Why can't CP be Aizen? She could have sent Prince Marth after Mekal? Or did Itachi-san verify that Prince Marth "completing his mission" meant he got a kill? If not, couldn't the "mission" just have been to attack a target?

Why can't CP be Aizen? She could have sent Prince Marth after Mekal? Or did Itachi-san verify that Prince Marth "completing his mission" meant he got a kill? If not, couldn't the "mission" just have been to attack a target?

That can't be the case because then there wouldn't have been a dependency in the night post. Itachi said that he tried to do things chronologically and CrazyPainter was not defending, so she must have been one of the attackers. If Prince Marth had been Rukia, then Rukia would have attacked Mekal, then Aizen and LeLouche would have killed Prince Marth and then Ishida and Chad would have killed CrazyPainter and there would have been no circular dependency. We know that a dependency exists because CP was the first to die, but she was also an attacker, so her role targeted someone after death. Since we know that PG is Gaara, that only leaves option (2) in my previous post.

I think I explained that correctly. :unsure:

I log in again to check what PG will say but surprisingly so that execution post. I feel bad for not changing my vote but then even I change my individual vote won't make the major difference. Sorry PG, but I will check back my analysis table to find who the villains are!

That can't be the case because then there wouldn't have been a dependency in the night post. Itachi said that he tried to do things chronologically and CrazyPainter was not defending, so she must have been one of the attackers. If Prince Marth had been Rukia, then Rukia would have attacked Mekal, then Aizen and LeLouche would have killed Prince Marth and then Ishida and Chad would have killed CrazyPainter and there would have been no circular dependency. We know that a dependency exists because CP was the first to die, but she was also an attacker, so her role targeted someone after death. Since we know that PG is Gaara, that only leaves option (2) in my previous post.

I see what you are saying, but I think that it is possible that Itachi-san wanted to group Chad, Ishida, and Rukia together as much as possible, since they are grouped together in the intro and their kill %s depend on their grouping. So if CP had been Aizen, Itachi-san may have chosen to use the circular dependency to keep the grouping, maybe. Or CP could have been Lelouche, of course.

But can CP not attacking but also choose not defending? I am not so sure right now. :huh:

Otherwise your sound logical.

edit: add second line

Edited by woon

Here's the thing about the order of each Night's events: don't vest too much into it. Basically when I make the Night Post, I list all the encounters that happened and then order them however I think it would be the most exciting. I try to make things chronological in cases, but other times it really doesn't matter or they coincide or whatever. Like I said, you can use the order as part of your methodology, but I would suggest it to be a small part.

For once I was not responsible for your wrongful execution PG. But that doesn't give me any satisfaction, as we have lost another hero. :o As to my voting for Kat, 10 odd hours had elapsed and nobody was inclined to start the voting yet. So I kicked it off and there was a certain logic to it, however flimsy it may sound. The villains had a gala time for sure, jumping on PG.

Heroes, as you all know we have to survive tonight. That's of paramount importance. What's the use of saving up our defenses, when we no longer have our life to defend. As far as I know the only thing which comes close to a defense is attacking with Inoeu. Maybe it is better than a defense. :huh:

For once I was not responsible for your wrongful execution PG. But that doesn't give me any satisfaction, as we have lost another hero. :o As to my voting for Kat, 10 odd hours had elapsed and nobody was inclined to start the voting yet. So I kicked it off and there was a certain logic to it, however flimsy it may sound. The villains had a gala time for sure, jumping on PG.

Heroes, as you all know we have to survive tonight. That's of paramount importance. What's the use of saving up our defenses, when we no longer have our life to defend. As far as I know the only thing which comes close to a defense is attacking with Inoeu. Maybe it is better than a defense. :huh:

Not if you're attacking a fellow Hero like I think PG was last night. :unsure:

For once I was not responsible for your wrongful execution PG.

Then you get the brownies, my dear. :D Farewell, Heroes...I appologize for having killed JS without cause...perhaps my death was a penance for my wrongdoing...or perhaps it was just to continue my typical gaming pattern. :D Enjoy watching the sun set without me. I will be enjoying my brownies from anime heaven.

I'm baaaack.... I thank most of you for not holding my absense against me. I am disappointed I missed the first day - I didn't think the 24-hour thing was in effect over the weekend, so I was surprised the day was over already. Not that waiting for me would have made a difference in this case, though.

One positive I see from the first night and day is that we have more knowledge of the roles of the dead than normal - this should reduce the ability of a villain to claim a dead player's role to save themselves. In that regard I think PG's death, while regrettable, is useful. (I hope this doesn't sound too cold - it certinly would have been more efficient to have gotten a villain on the first day! Just trying make myself feel better about what happened, I think)