BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Joe went to bed every night at the same time and woke up at the same time every morning. Joe slept in the same room in the same bed every night. Sunday through Friday, Joe felt great as he went on his merry way, yet every Saturday Joe suffered from a headache. What was wrong with Joe?

23 answers to this question

No coffee?

that make senses

he's an orthodox jew and can't use electricity to make coffee on saturday. Although I suppose he could drink cold coffee. Or maybe something else that is restricted on saturdays.

Since Joe's a todler ...

[spoiler='well...

']Probably every friday night his parents went out. So they hire a babysitter. Now the sitter is not the best sitter around. In fact, she is the worst. She make him do a bunch of stuff, and hit him in the head a lot. That's why on the next day he got a headache...

Nikyma answered what, while Puzzlegirl answered why. Joe doesn't drink coffee on Saturdays since he doesn't have to be alert for a morning of relaxation. As for the why, caffeine is a natural pain killer. Our bodies become habituated to it (it's not really withdrawal, but close), and a headache is often is the result if we don't consume some when we are accustomed to. Good Work!

I can vouch for the headache. I used to shoot in pool tournaments, all day on Sunday no coffee, took lake to drink when i got home with having to get some sleep and go to work the next morning. I even called in sick the first time it happened. Talk about a sick headache, it was excruciating!

Nikyma answered what, while Puzzlegirl answered why. Joe doesn't drink coffee on Saturdays since he doesn't have to be alert for a morning of relaxation. As for the why, caffeine is a natural pain killer. Our bodies become habituated to it (it's not really withdrawal, but close), and a headache is often is the result if we don't consume some when we are accustomed to. Good Work!

I went cold turkey about more than a year ago. I wasn't drinking much before, but I had to quit for medical reasons. Now I can't drink anything with caffeine in it. I can't even drink green tea or any dark ones and here in Serbia they don't process them to remove the caffeine :(

Edited by andromeda