BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Bismillahhirrahmanirrahim

It's october and as promised it's RPS three.

Might be a bit slower this time round because of school.

Anyways you know the drill.

Sign up if you want and i'll see how many people we get before i think about how the tourney is going to work, God willing.

Hostess: Lemonymelon

1)

2)

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Bismillahhirrahmanirrahim

It's october and as promised it's RPS three.

Might be a bit slower this time round because of school.

Anyways you know the drill.

Sign up if you want and i'll see how many people we get before i think about how the tourney is going to work, God willing.

Hostess: Lemonymelon

1)

2)

... sign me up...

Nice to see people are signing up.

God willing, game will start after a few more people and I'll give the instructions.

For now, here's a quick description for those new to the game as I have realised (thank you, Impervious) that I haven't really explained it yet.

it's pretty simple.

God willing, I pm you a prompt and you reply with several options of Rock Paper or Scissors

and i secretly pair you with one of the other competitors and your choices are played

Rock beats Scissors

Scissors beats Paper

Paper beats rock

Then at the end of it, whoever has most wins out of the pairing goes through to next round.

So

For example: everyone is asked to give 8 choices

Your choices

1)r

2)r

3)r

4)p

5)s

6)r

7)s

8)p

Partner's choices

1)r

2)s

3)r

4)s

5)s

6)s

7)r

8)p

SO you win 3-1 and go through to next round

But we tend to play it by ear a lot and stuff might change, God willing, and I'm thinking of adding a twist.

God willing, the prize for the winner is, an LM-brand kudo ticket which can be exchanged at any time for an (imaginary) prize of the winner's choice.

here's some links:

RPS 1

RPS 2

Edited by lemonymelon

Wheeeeeeeee...I almost feel bad about this meaning less post, but i feel the need to post this anyway :)
Let us just keep them to a minimum, or better yet, not at all. Moderators are not fond of these actions, and will let you know if you are out of your better judgement.

I am more helpful now than before. Also, I was the first CHAMPION of this RPS game. Good luck to all!!!! :D

Edited by akaslickster

would this require an even number? to "pair" up. but yeah im in

1) FIF

2) JS

3) GC

4) Panther

5) Ben Law

6) HG

7) Impervious

8) Slick

9) Sweetness Kat

10) reaymond

sweet

but it doesn't really need an even number (secret twist....)

i'm hoping to get it up to 12 people before we start, God willing, I'll change my sig.

and cool, I'm wise h a h a lol .

Since people have stopped signing up, let's get this show on the road...

The roster:

1) FIF

2) JS

3) GC

4) Panther

5) Ben Law

6) HG

7) Impervious

8) Slick

9) Sweetness Kat

10) reaymond

Here’s the plan, God willing…

There are ten players in the first round and (my new and cool-ish twist...) six 'fake'characters, of which two will play all scissor, two all rock and two all paper in this first round.

I will randomly assign 6 players to the 6 'fake' players and the other four 'real' players will be paired up between themselves.

I have sent all players a prompt telling you what to do: reply with 7 choices of RPS plus another two back-up choices (Choice 8 will only be used if the score after the first seven choices is a draw and Choice 9 will only be used if Choice 8 was a draw).

After the first round, results are posted and the winners go through to the quarter final and the losers, unfortunately, lose, as you would expect h a h a.

EDIT: important: no-one's allowed to be cool and play all of their choices as the same thing which i should have said first but didn't (sorry!). It shouldn't affect anything as I have only got 1 set of choices in.

Edited by lemonymelon

yippeee count me in, ill only be on once a day though but i think thats fine if i remember from when i won rps2 :)

The roster:

1) FIF

2) JS

3) GC

4) Panther

5) Ben Law

6) HG

7) Impervious

8) Slick

9) Sweetness Kat

10) reaymond

11) TAD

edit: WHOOOOPPPSSSS i really should have read the last couple posts, if you can still fit me in ill play but if not, oh well :(

Edited by TwoaDay