BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I would like to see these games automated and would like to know who all can assist in the development of this game.

Concept Designer:

Mafia - Unrealty

Sci-Fi Mafia - YS

Pirate Mafia - Sinistral

Zombie - Taliesin

Requirements:

php Developers , Graphic Desiners and Script Writers

Also what features of the BD servers are available to us and how much time each one can devote since this project is not meant to be an income generating program, the services renders will be from volunteers only.

As for myself, I am a Systems Analyst and DB Designer and can setup Beta versions on one of my servers but I would like it to be on this server, the Mother Server :P

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

• Answers 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ben law,

Sounds interesting so far.

And, I would be creating each piece by hand. I dont do computer art.

I suppose I am a purist .. that and I dont know how to use those programs.

I dont have the programs either.

Is the creative director...what do they do? Is that like an art director?

I dont need to get paid, just royalties ha ha

and screen creds

Do you have a story idea so far?

Edited by crazypainter

Why do we need to give our emails? Isn't that what this thread (and PMs) are for? :D

And I thought you meant it was going to be a standalone program, but I realize now that's dumb, it makes sense to integrate it into Brainden by having it post a topic :D .... but can we do that? Is that what the MySQL/PHP is for?

I see that you see the light now ;)

While doing a project like this, there will be a lot of files that needs to be sent to and fro as attachments. Also exchange of ideas, inputs, modification to programs, optimization of codes etc.

So, each one in the team knows what he/she is going to do and does not need to bother about the intricacies of what others are doing. Everyone will have an outline of an idea what others are doing and their progress.

MySQL is for storing the data (all necessary information) in different tables.

PHP is for communicating with the players and the Database, for taking the inputs and doing back-end work.

Is the creative director...what do they do? Is that like an art director?

I dont need to get paid, just royalties ha ha

and screen creds

Do you have a story idea so far?

Let us take Mafia for example.

UR breaks it down into all possible different stages of the game. He also writes the posts for all possible different scenarios with the names of the players e.g. %1A, %2A... The program will automatically replace the players names with that in the DB (Database) and these scenarios can be randomly chosen. This randomization will be possible as the program will keep on learning (expanding it's DB) as more and more games are played. It will be up for preview to the OP (if he wishes) and then posted to the right thread.

Credit will be given to all that gives inputs to this project :P

Edited by Ben Law

I see that you see the light now ;)

While doing a project like this, there will be a lot of files that needs to be sent to and fro as attachments. Also exchange of ideas, inputs, modification to programs, optimization of codes etc.

So, each one in the team knows what he/she is going to do and does not need to bother about the intricacies of what others are doing. Everyone will have an outline of an idea what others are doing and their progress.

MySQL is for storing the data (all necessary information) in different tables.

PHP is for communicating with the players and the Database, for taking the inputs and doing back-end work.

I have a forum hosted which no one uses if you wanted to make it for discussion about this?

I have written a script which can log on to these forums forums here :D

Nice :D

My home page is something like that. Google search (So i do not need the google toolbar), Login to different sites, Shotcuts to rooms, Links to news channels, Business etc etc

Nice :D

My home page is something like that. Google search (So i do not need the google toolbar), Login to different sites, Shotcuts to rooms, Links to news channels, Business etc etc

Are you still going to go ahead with this, or are you backing out. Im not going to put too much more effort into it if we have givent up on the idea?

Are you still going to go ahead with this, or are you backing out. Im not going to put too much more effort into it if we have givent up on the idea?

I am not backing out !!! I will make a skeletal structures of this and start off slowly building it up. I will inform you after your exams ... BTW Best of Luck :D

I am not backing out !!! I will make a skeletal structures of this and start off slowly building it up. I will inform you after your exams ... BTW Best of Luck :D

I have got a base for interacting with the forums, so I suggest you dont try too much on that. Just have to add functionallity to it :D

I have got a base for interacting with the forums, so I suggest you dont try too much on that. Just have to add functionallity to it :D

Can you zip it up and send email it to me, I'll go thru it :D Thanks !!!

Can you zip it up and send email it to me, I'll go thru it :D Thanks !!!

Ok, I will send it to you ( can you open tar ), it only does login right now but it has other function defined etc.. Start some breif work on submitting posts!

Edit: Dont worry Ill install a zip programe

Ok, I will send it to you ( can you open tar ), it only does login right now but it has other function defined etc.. Start some breif work on submitting posts!

Edit: Dont worry Ill install a zip programe

Thanks and I'll tell you what chages will be required in the code. BTW Thanks CP for the email :P

We have now an official Graphics Designer :P

Thanks and I'll tell you what chages will be required in the code. BTW Thanks CP for the email :P

We have now an official Graphics Designer :P

I sent it ( as a zip) , bear in mind that my username/password are in the code :( So just be a little weary before posting the code around the place.. :D

I sent it ( as a zip) , bear in mind that my username/password are in the code :( So just be a little weary before posting the code around the place.. :D

Thanks, I will remove it and put comments into it. Code will be shared just between developers and is not for the others.

This also applies to the MySQL which we will access , both in this site when we launch and also in the testing site which I will setup. That is why email is necessary. I am sure our Admin will also agree :D

Thanks, I will remove it and put comments into it. Code will be shared just between developers and is not for the others.

This also applies to the MySQL which we will access , both in this site when we launch and also in the testing site which I will setup. That is why email is necessary. I am sure our Admin will also agree :D

security should be on the first place

If it is just amonst developers you can keep it in. as it is a new account i created for testing!

If it is just amonst developers you can keep it in. as it is a new account i created for testing!

Anyways, Username and passwords cannot be static. These has to be retrieved from the database.

IMPORTANT - program codes should not be leaked out !!! This is for security purposes and should remain between developers only, as each and everyone of the developer will be held responsible for code leakage or hacking of the DB if such a situation arises.

Anyways, Username and passwords cannot be static. These has to be retrieved from the database.

IMPORTANT - program codes should not be leaked out !!! This is for security purposes and should remain between developers only, as each and everyone of the developer will be held responsible for code leakage or hacking of the DB if such a situation arises.

I realize that but The code I wrote was focused on interacting with the forum brainden forum. And a test script..

I realize that but The code I wrote was focused on interacting with the forum brainden forum. And a test script..

I have archived the file for the time being. Our this project will need to be developed from scratch as the inputs required will be from the OP and Players Signing-Up and Voting. The Spying part will be interesting :D I will involve you with greater details after your exams are over.

I have archived the file for the time being. Our this project will need to be developed from scratch as the inputs required will be from the OP and Players Signing-Up and Voting. The Spying part will be interesting :D I will involve you with greater details after your exams are over.

Once this exam is over I have another the following two weeks :(