BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I would like to see these games automated and would like to know who all can assist in the development of this game.

Concept Designer:

Mafia - Unrealty

Sci-Fi Mafia - YS

Pirate Mafia - Sinistral

Zombie - Taliesin

Requirements:

php Developers , Graphic Desiners and Script Writers

Also what features of the BD servers are available to us and how much time each one can devote since this project is not meant to be an income generating program, the services renders will be from volunteers only.

As for myself, I am a Systems Analyst and DB Designer and can setup Beta versions on one of my servers but I would like it to be on this server, the Mother Server :P

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

• Answers 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

uh... what? You can't "automate" Mafia lol. It's not a video game. It's a social game, originally a party game

It can be done :P . We will need various pre-written scenarios and at the pre-assigned time Day/Night Shift will change so there cannot be any premeditated manipulation behind the scene ;)

BTW, Which part of the game do you think cannot be automated ?

This is 'automated' Mafia:

http://www.epicmafia.com/

Guess what's WAAAY better to play at? Brainden :P Cuz we're not a computer program that generates automatic death statements. Cuz we make up cool roles and cooler scenarios

It'd be neat if you could automate it, let me know how it turns out - but can it support any kind of Mafia I can dream up? Any sort of complex role? What if you made it for normal Mafia then I spring the Aztec Mafia design on it?

If you can really make it work for real and good (and for Mac :P), then it's a great idea... otherwise don't waste your time ;D

This is 'automated' Mafia:

http://www.epicmafia.com/

I will need to check up this link and see how they have designed the game.

The design that I had in mind is platform independent and all characters are modular in nature and each can have different properties. It all depends upon the planning that goes into the development of a game.

You forgot Cruise Ship Mafia and Anime Battle Royal... tsk tsk tsk... :P

anyway... One of the main points of Mafia IS the fact that it is non automated and Real People make the storyline and keep the people in order (okay...mostly me)

if you can get it it would be cool... but I'm not sure it will get much players... But good idea...

Ben Law, if you can figure out how to automate my creative writing abilities, let me know! Then I could mass produce all my story ideas into novels and make a fortune...;P

To do that I would have to take control of your brain to look into the modalities involved in your creative writings ;) Jokes apart ... automating something this this is no mean task and which is only for the interests for the players (Mafia Addicts) . The degree of automation depends upon how much logic and hard work is put into the project. It is a well known fact that we, the human race have not yet been able to replicate the intricacies of the human brain, we can somewhat imitate it and make it appear to be like an input from someone.

In short - no one can do what you have said YS, except yourself :D

BrainDen.com resides on dedicated server with support of all standard features (including PHP/MySQL)

Thanks, if you are considering allowing hosting of this on the server, do you mind giving version number for MySQL and php please

Thanks

BrainDen.com resides on dedicated server with support of all standard features (including PHP/MySQL)

Thanks for the information. We will let you know when our idea progresses. PHP/MySQL is ideal for this type of project.

Thanks for the information. We will let you know when our idea progresses. PHP/MySQL is ideal for this type of project.

I can do HTML and a bit of Java and FMX Action Script... (oh... and I'm a minor hacker...) but besides that I'm only good for fixing the internet for my parents and finding their lost files... So sorry I can't help...

Edited by Mekal

As others have already said before, Mafia and other related games are much better on here with a host instead of automated. Besides, why bother automating them? We already have tons of them playing constantly already, do you just want more of them? The storylines would also be incredibly hard to make for every situation, considering just how many possibilities there are for people dying. I just see no reason as they most likely wouldn't be as good.

As others have already said before, Mafia and other related games are much better on here with a host instead of automated. Besides, why bother automating them? We already have tons of them playing constantly already, do you just want more of them? The storylines would also be incredibly hard to make for every situation, considering just how many possibilities there are for people dying. I just see no reason as they most likely wouldn't be as good.

How about one that can take input from the OP and let the OP run the show till he does not have time and then sets it to "Auto Pilot" like mode ??? I am sure UR would have hoped he had something like it while he was running Astray.

what would really help is if you got a game develpment student on board. Maybe a grad student or two. Get a storyboard artist, an illustrator, computer artists, writers, painters, oh its gonna be a big job. I went to Academy of art college in San Francisco and knew many grad students in various disaplines.

Are you thinking of animating the game? Youll need an editor and a copy editor

you can see what my art is like

<=============

Edited by crazypainter

PHP 5 (PHP4****)

MySQL (4.1, 5.0, 5.1) / PostgreSQL ... almost 1000 possible databases

Thanks once again rookie1ja

Well let me know if you need help :D

I am a PHP/MySQL developer.. I will be able to help

what would really help is if you got a game develpment student on board. Maybe a grad student or two. Get a storyboard artist, an illustrator, computer artists, writers, painters, oh its gonna be a big job. I went to Academy of art college in San Francisco and knew many grad students in various disaplines.

Are you thinking of animating the game? Youll need an editor and a copy editor

you can see what my art is like

<=============

I do anything and everything, mostly network security and infrastructure design for work though. Let me know what you don't find as far as help and I can most likely fill that role.

Thank you. And now we have

unreality Creative Designer and he doubles-up as a great script-writer (Sorry UR, I took the liberty ;) )

taliesin PHP/MySQL developer (He will be busy for 2 weeks preparing for his exams)

crazypainter Hope she will be able to help us with Art Work/Graphics

crimsonghost Anything and everything, mostly network security and infrastructure design for work though

I would like all volunteers to send me their email address so we will be able to communicate in details in the future and I will setup a platform for Testing

mailto:ben_law@hotmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCEPT

We are not going to create an elaborate graphics game. The game is broken into different parts for example in regular Mafia -

I. OP creates a game

This module creates a new thread in the Games Forum and the Introduction post is posted

II. SignUp

a) Introduction

b) Get Players to signup.

This is achieved by players clicking a link which reads from the parameter of BD user variables from the cookie and posts it. The DB is accordingly updated with the players name and game number.

Cycles till a win is achieved:

III. Night Posts

IV. Lynching

V. Day Posts

VI. Conclusion

* Details of the plan needs to be enumerated and discussed via emails.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post your comments and suggestions.

We should start off thus:

The Creative Designer will break-down the game into parts.

The Script-Writer will write the introduction and all the texts required during different stages of the game

The Graphics Designer will design the introduction scenes and scenes for night posts. GIF format is preferred. JPG will also do but the size has to be restricted to 500x300 pixels

Let me know if there is any doubts or questions