BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

13 answers to this question

Since two of you guessed what is on the photo (well approximately) I decided to tell you what it is precisely

These were the answers:

1. Mars

2. Remains from somebody's turtle dinner on the beach

3. A rock climbing wall, from a different angle

4. Beach/Desert

5. Sand dunes

6. A close up of the bottom of my foot (my personal favorite ;) )

7. Skin of an aquatic animal, maybe a whale with barnacles beginning to form

8. Peeling coating (paint). Looks like when heat or water makes it not cure right. It even looks like you can see little blows from where it popped!

Spoiler for Looks like:

M34.jpg

So... the right answer is

MARS

Crescent-shaped dunes cluster at the north pole of Mars in this image by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

These surface features, known as barchan dunes, form thanks to winds blowing mainly in one direction. A steep face is bordered by "horns" trailing in the downwind direction, making the dunes excellent wind indicators for scientists. In this case, the strongest winds blew approximately south to north.

The basaltic sands that compose the dunes primarily come from volcanic rock that has been worn down. While normally dark, the dunes appear bright in this image because of seasonal carbon dioxide frost left over from the northern hemisphere winter on Mars.

So congratulation to sisyphus (for guessing immediately) and Big Red (for finding the resembling picture)!!! :)

:)

Edited by andromeda