BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

I think that there must be many braindenners out there with questions about this site. i know i have a couple.

1) How can you make a poll in a topic???

2) how can you decide what section ( new puzzles, jokes) to put your topic in aka how do you find the choices.

That's just me. Everyone should be able to ask and answer questions in my oppinion...... :)

More than that - I did copyright it :P As displayed by the eminent and threatening and all-powerful copyright symbol © © © © :P

I agree - I once PMed rookie asking if he'd sticky a topic I made as a "Newbies' Guide to Mafia" type thing, but he said no as games is for all games (although I'm not sure why that means you can't have a guide be stickied) anyway, so I didn't make it because it would get lost in the torrent of much-posted games in the Games section. After that it got me thinking, a little idea in the back of my head... a mafia forum would be a nice idea, ie, a 'Mafia' Forum and then just an 'Other Games' Forum, so that the other games don't get lost and pushed behind mafia games. Also, in the new Mafia Forum, perhaps that guide I was planning on writing could be stickied. And the types of games would be better manageable and overall more accessible and less confusing. More than that, the Mafia Forum needs to be a bit more structured - we need to have a sticky called 'Host Signup' or something similar where we can have one orderly, central signup where we can see who is hosting, and when, and what dates, and in what orders, so that we could have like a max of 2 or 3 mafia games (which would include mafia-like games) running at once. The mods haven't played one, they probably don't understand the mass hysteria that occurs with many mafia games running at once :D So it would be a bit better organized and more structured, and hosts could maybe get approved by an experienced player/hoster (such as me, bb, frost, itachi, dawh, CL, ysan, PG, etc, just some random names coming to mind)... no offense meant at all Impervious, but you've only played 1 or 2 games and you're already hosting one. It's like everyone is trying to at once, which causes confusion I think.

^ my above lengthy post probably doesn't matter, as I don't think Rookie will agree to this idea due to the fact that there is no logical reason for raising mafia above any other game

I think a "Newbies' Guide to Mafia" would be great. I played a mafia game on here a while ago. Someone invited me to play and it looked like fun so I joined. I had played the game in "real life" before but I sorta forgot how to play so I thought I would just be able to catch on when the game got going. I was wrong. :P I thought it was going to be just a simple game but it was a lot more complicated than I expected. I read all the info about the game in the 1st post but I still didn't know what I was supposed to do and how people were figuring out who other peoples' roles. Luckily I was killed off pretty early in the game. I later found out that all of the "bad guys" know who all the other bad guys are (they do right??) which would have been very helpful to know! So I agree that there should be an organized guide to how to play and a list of the rules. :D

I think a "Newbies' Guide to Mafia" would be great. I played a mafia game on here a while ago. Someone invited me to play and it looked like fun so I joined. I had played the game in "real life"

I help teach kids to sail over the summer, and we always play mafia after every lesson! :P

Thats how I got so good at it, it helps to have some experience when you start playing.

My class played a IRL mafia game today. I was like OMG seriously? It was fun.

On topic: I think a Beginner's guide to Mafia would be an awesome idea.

Wow, just read Unreality's Beginners guide to Mafia, i'm really impressed ;)

He covered Everything in there!

Here is something I've been trying to figure out.

Is it possible to use special characters in your post other than those provided with the editor here?

In HTML you can precede a special character with the "&". For example, ∫ displays the integral sign.

I think, I have found the answer to my own question! Let's see: ∫

Wow, that's great! Let's try some more:

∀ ∏ ∑ ≠ ≤ Π ♣

The codes that I used above are: ∀ ∏ ∑ ≠ ≤ π ♣

The way to do it is to press the little button "Toggle HTML Source" located in the upper left corner above the editing window, top row, second from the left. Then type your codes in the editor window, then press "SAVE HTML" button appearing at below the edit window in the middle.

For encore, let's see if I can defeat replacing © with the copyright sign feature...

Nope, that's too much to ask.

Is it possible to use special characters in your post other than those provided with the editor here?

In HTML you can precede a special character with the "&". For example, ∫ displays the integral sign.

∀ ∏ ∑ ≠ ≤ Π ♣

The way to do it is to press the little button "Toggle HTML Source" located in the upper left corner above the editing window, top row, second from the left. Then type your codes in the editor window, then press "SAVE HTML" button appearing at below the edit window in the middle.

For encore, let's see if I can defeat replacing © with the copyright sign feature...

You may have to switch between Rich Text and Standard editor, which is a button on the top right, before you see the "Toggle HTML Source" button on the top left. Just FYI

Edited by Prof. Templeton

∀ ∏ ∑ ≠ ≤ Π ♣

Nifty! Now there will be even more math puzzles that I can't solve....

no that was an automatic redirect to the home page of the forum :D Which means that user 1 doesn't technically exist as a normal user with a "userpage" and stuff

edit: for something unrelated to this, see post 23 please people ;D

Just wanted 2 say, all user numbers up to and including 52 redirect you to the home page, and (so far) 53 and up give member profiles?!? But all the members around those numbers seem to have no deatails and no posts, so maybe they were test accounts?

Just wanted 2 say, all user numbers up to and including 52 redirect you to the home page, and (so far) 53 and up give member profiles?!? But all the members around those numbers seem to have no deatails and no posts, so maybe they were test accounts?

yuh i noticed that too... there's also some randomly placed account numbers that dont exist i think....

I have a question, when you log in or at other times when it says "Please wait while we transfer you" what does the button that says "click here if you do not wish to wait" do? Does it make a difference?

Edited by yellowsubmarine

I have a question, when you log in or at other times when it says "Please wait while we transfer you" what does the button that says "click here if you do not wish to wait" do? Does it make a difference?

it just jumps directly to the point in case it's not auto-loading in your browser :D

On each post it says "posted december 15 at 8:56" or something like that... what time zone is that?

You can set your own time settings if you click on the 'My Controls' link and look at the sidebar on the left. The last section is called 'Options' and the 6th link is 'Board Settings'. Click on it, and at the top you'll see a dropdown menu where you can change your time zone data

Thanks!!!

Ok - this is another question that i just realized i was curious about. Im pretty sure this is a question that only rookie (maybe also martini and bonanova) can answer, if anyone else knows, that would be great!!!!!

Why is there the New Opticle Illusions area and the Opticle Illusions area too?? The only topic in the second one is the pinned one that Rookie made - called 'Can't see the trick?'.

Thanks!!!

Ok - this is another question that i just realized i was curious about. Im pretty sure this is a question that only rookie (maybe also martini and bonanova) can answer, if anyone else knows, that would be great!!!!!

Why is there the New Opticle Illusions area and the Opticle Illusions area too?? The only topic in the second one is the pinned one that Rookie made - called 'Can't see the trick?'.

Optical Illusions is where you ask Rookie what the trick is with the optical illusions,

New optical Illusions is for adding your own.

Optical Illusions is where you ask Rookie what the trick is with the optical illusions,

New optical Illusions is for adding your own.

I confirm ... that was the basic idea

for each new BD question start a new thread ... that way others will now from good title what the posts are about and won't have to search this big thread