BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pirate Mafia

I am not worried about a thing!!!!!!! I survived this long for the innocent, plus I have inside info, that can be used against a baddie. I know more than others crew members do. Hint. Hint.

Js, you are very smart. You saw the truth over the blokes. Bless your soul mate. :D

So your inside info made you vote for the Swash-buckler? Maybe your inside info is that you know who isn't a Pirate... I think I know why you're not worried and I'm worried that you're still alive quite frankly.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night 2 – The Storm

The wind grew fierce and the rain came down hard as the Sinistral’s Fury headed directly into the storm. The ship rocked violently from side to side as it traveled over the waves. Captain Sinistral was not worried however, as he had sailed through many a storm before, some even far worse than this one. Although visibility was poor due to the blinding rain, his crew were a fine bunch of sailors and for the most part seemed to be holding up just fine.

Unreality stepped out of his warm cabin and into the raging storm outside. Cold sheets of rain immediately began to splash over his face as the screaming sound of the wind swirled around him. Streaks of lightning flashed through the sky like daggers.

A dark figure, holding a long blade that glinted sinisterly even in the total darkness, approached unreality. The black cloak wrapped around him flapped wildly in the gusts of wind. His sunken, empty eyes showed no expression as he raised his sword.

Unreality whipped around, holding a dagger that he had kept hidden in his coat pocket. The sound of steel clashing against steel echoed through the ship.

Unreality leaped back, his boots making a thump as he landed smoothly on the slippery deck. He gritted his teeth and gripped the handle of his knife tighter.

The dark figure remained motionless. Except for his hands. His hands began to move together in a hypnotizing way, making strange shapes and symbols with his fingers. A blue aura began to appear around his body.

Unreality nervously stepped back and held his dagger in front of him instinctively. "Something big is about to happen," he thought. "I just know it." His eyes suddenly snapped open. "Could he be...?"

He had no time to think. An icy wave of seawater shot up into the air behind the Kraken and hurtled towards Unreality at a hundred miles per hour. The impact sent him barreling into the ocean, an explosion of foam and crystal clear water coming up like a geyser behind him.

A silver pool of moonlight illuminated Unreality's limp body before he disappeared into the ocean forever.

Later that same night…

Mekal sat up in bed and pondered the day’s events as the storm raged on outside. It had been a busy day today, what with throwing Wally West off the ship and finding out that he had been the Swashbuckler.

He slumped into his pillow and uncorked a flask of rum he had hidden beneath his bed. Swallowing a mouthful, he pulled up the blankets behind him and tried to go to sleep.

But somehow, he couldn't. The back of his neck prickled, as if someone was watching him. "I can't go to sleep," he murmured to himself.

"Then I'll help you," a thin voice whispered. Mekal barely had time to open his eyes before a sword was rammed into his chest by a shadowy figure.

The last thing he heard before collapsing was that pirate's reedy voice. "Now ye can go to sleep for a while, mate!"

Storm Effect - (All night actions, including pirate abilities but not pirate and kraken kills, had a 50% chance of failure due to poor visibility during storm. You will know if your action failed because of the storm.)

Roster:

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West - DEAD - [swashbuckler] - Planked

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) Itachi

8) Unreality - DEAD [?] – Killed by Kraken

9) GC

10) woon

11) Mekal – DEAD [?] – Killed by Pirates

12) Slick

Night 2 – The Storm

Later that same night…

Mekal sat up in bed and pondered the day’s events as the storm raged on outside. It had been a busy day today, what with throwing Wally West off the ship and finding out that he had been the Swashbuckler.

He slumped into his pillow and uncorked a flask of rum he had hidden beneath his bed. Swallowing a mouthful, he pulled up the blankets behind him and tried to go to sleep.

But somehow, he couldn't. The back of his neck prickled, as if someone was watching him. "I can't go to sleep," he murmured to himself.

"Then I'll help you," a thin voice whispered. Mekal barely had time to open his eyes before a sword was rammed into his chest by a shadowy figure.

The last thing he heard before collapsing was that pirate's reedy voice. "Now ye can go to sleep for a while, mate!"

Roster:

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) Itachi

9) GC

10) woon

12) Slick

ya... that would happen to me...

anyway... I have to go to a tennis tournament... Wish me luck!!! (I really need it...)

Mekal got out of his hammock that was covered in all sorts of smelly blankets. oddly, he couldn't here the general footsteps of people rushing around on deck. He walked a few steps twords the door and then thought"what if the pirates struck again? What if they are still out there! WHAT IF I"M THE ONLY ONE LEFT ALIVE!!!!!!!" He diminished the horrible thoughts and walked outside, he stared out in amazement... In front of him was a silvery hand... he followed the hand al the way down to his body... HE WAS THE ONE WHO WAS DEAD!!!! Next to him stood the ghosts of Unreality, Wallywest, And Frozen In Fire.

Edited by Mekal

ya... that would happen to me...

anyway... I have to go to a tennis tournament... Wish me luck!!! (I really need it...)

Mekal got out of his hammock that was covered in all sorts of smelly blankets. oddly, he couldn't here the general footsteps of people rushing around on deck. He walked a few steps twords the door and then thought"what if the pirates struck again? What if they are still out there! WHAT IF I"M THE ONLY ONE LEFT ALIVE!!!!!!!" He diminished the horrible thoughts and walked outside, he stared out in amazement... In front of him was a silvery hand... he followed the hand al the way down to his body... HE WAS THE ONE WHO WAS DEAD!!!! Next to him stood the ghosts of Unreality, Wallywest, And Frozen In Fire.

Too bad you had to die :mellow: Anyways, good luck in the tennis tournament! :P

I could only have better access at my night time here. During the day time, I able to read the day 1 happening, yet not able to reply. The moment I click reply, the website shows blank and ask me to refresh so I couldn't explain anything until the night 2 posted.

This is really shocking, and I now need time to figure who the baddies are.

4/12 dead.

Worst case scenario: 4 innocent crew mateys dead. 3 pirates and Kraken alive. So 4 innocents and 4 baddies alive.

Bad case scenario: 3 innocent crew members dead. 2 pirates and Kraken alive. So 5 innocents and 3 baddies alive.

Best case scenario: 2 innocent crew members dead. 2 pirates alive. So 6 innocents and 2 baddies alive.

Today's planking could be decisive. So fellow innocent mateys, choose wisely. :P

4/12 dead.

Worst case scenario: 4 innocent crew mateys dead. 3 pirates and Kraken alive. So 4 innocents and 4 baddies alive.

Bad case scenario: 3 innocent crew members dead. 2 pirates and Kraken alive. So 5 innocents and 3 baddies alive.

Best case scenario: 2 innocent crew members dead. 2 pirates alive. So 6 innocents and 2 baddies alive.

Today's planking could be decisive. So fellow innocent mateys, choose wisely. :P

We can almost say for sure that at least 3 innocent crew members have been killed:

Meaning it's more likely either 5:3 or 4:4...

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student voting for - Cherry Lane

6) Ben_Law

7) Itachi

9) GC

10) woon

12) Slick

Voting for Cherry Lane simply b/c the whole Slick voting saga yesterday made me suspicious of her. I voted for CP yesterday as her post stood out. But I've read through again and with another comment made after WW was thrown overboard, she strikes me as suspicious...

Edit: It's all I've got to go on at the minute I'm afraid.

Edited by Joe's Student

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

7) Itachi - voting for Slick

9) GC

10) woon

12) Slick

Wow, um. This isn't going well lol. I'm really under the impression that unreality was an Innocent, but Mekal could have been the Kraken, especially if the order of events is important. I'm gonna stick to my guns and vote with my prime suspect again. And I think we still have 3 Pirates out there.

Joe's Student, could you highlight what CL said that was suspicious?

and CL, I'd like to hear some defense. Slick seems to never want to defend himself (at least nothing worth-while), probably because he can't :P

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

9) GC

10) woon voting for - Cherry Lane

12) Slick

I am not too sure yet. Maybe because this weekend my access time is different from before, but I found CL behave differently.

edit: add in 'but'

Edited by woon

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

9) GC

12) Slick

I am not too sure yet. Maybe because this weekend my access time is different from before, I found CL behave differently.

Can you guys be more specific? We literally can't afford to kill an Innocent today...

Joe's Student, could you highlight what CL said that was suspicious?

and CL, I'd like to hear some defense. Slick seems to never want to defend himself (at least nothing worth-while), probably because he can't :P

Was also (a tiny bit) suspicious of unreality, but since he's dead i decided CL definitely was my best bet.

Here's an exchange between Unreality and CL:

Unreality's Post: This is talking about WW being lynched

CL's Reply: This might not look like much, but the insistence that Slick is a baddie JUST b/c he voted first, without even questioning it it, i think is suspect. A prime oppourtunity for a Pirate to nail an innocent is at that stage, and that's a good way to do it. Why so sure on Slick people?

She is also laying very low, has made the lowest number of posts other than those dead.

Just want to add: that if I'm wrong i hope i don't lead a lynching, it's just as an innocent you have to say what you fell, and you never know, if proven wrong, it might throw some light on someone else by accident.

Fixing Roster...

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

9) GC

12) Slick

O and Itachi: I'm not sure on you yet either ;) it's a shame my role doesn't reveal much :P

Edit: Back after Dinner :)

Edited by Joe's Student

Sorry JS, but you vote the first time around sounded suspicious and again it sounds suspicious. But this is not final, I can assure you. I will check back in a few hrs. after my 40 winks. :P

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

9) GC - voting for Joe's student

12) Slick

Day 2 - The Calm After The Storm

The low rumbling of thunder could be heard off in the distance as the ship continued on its southbound course. The worst part of the storm was behind them, and there was nothing but calm seas up ahead on the horizon. Captain Sinistral smiled to himself knowing that they had sailed right through the middle of the storm without any damage to the ship. "I'm sure the spirit of Frozen_in_fire must have been pleased.", he thought. "But now there's another decision to make, and he would have wanted us to go..."

Frozen_in_fire, please choose one of these three cardinal directions, and post it here. "West, South, or East"

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

12) Slick

edit:

Damnn I was so sure Mekal was the Kraken!! It was his post #67 that made me think that.

Hold on, I am thinking I wrote the wrong number down, I will check and edit it wrong.

But now who to vote for? I would have voted for Mekal but thats not an option now. :(

Yeah, in post 67 he wanted slick to come out with his role. That so made me think he was a pirate

or the kraken.

Now i am thinking he thought Slick was the Kraken and was worried about killing himself by going after

the kraken. Hey! I know who to vote for now.

Go win that tourney!

Edited by crazypainter

Why can't I choose north? <_<

Yeah, but anyways, I go East

Arrr! That would take us right back into the storm mate! Or did ye like it that much that ye want to go back? If we went north we'd be sailing in circles and then we'd never get to the treasure! East it is!

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

12) Slick voting for Cherry Lane

I should just vote for Itachi but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Reminding everyone that he is a suspect now. Unreality was an innocent for sure.

1) Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

I should just vote for Itachi but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Reminding everyone that he is a suspect now. Unreality was an innocent for sure.

Well, that makes no sense again Slick, but since I think I know who JS is and CL's post was indeed odd, for more reasons than JS specified, i'll change my vote to make sure she goes down. I'm thinking we have 3 pirates: Slick and CL are top-priority in my book. Might as well get one of em now.

1) Cherry Lane voting for - Cherry Lane

3) FIF - DEAD [?]

4) Crazypainter

6) Ben_Law

7) Itachi -voting for - Cherry Lane

Maybe we are in the best case scenario, but I still doubt it. GC's vote is weird, but I think I know his character, so I'm a bit confused. I'd like to hear from Ben Law a bit more.

Sorry I've been so absent! It has been a crazy busy weekend with guests. I know my lack of posting is suspicious...I would think the same thing, especially since it is so unlike me. I do apologize for not being around more.

As for my post about slick last night...I realized later it was probably not the best thing to do. But I was pretty sure unreality was innocent. I thought he was attracting too much attention with his post before mine about WW and Slick, and I didn't want the baddies to go after him for it, so I thought I could help by agreeing. Again, the troubles with not being around much is I've had to make hasty decisions. Sorry everyone!

At this point, I don't know who to vote for...does it even make a difference? Will ponder and post my vote soon.

edit: just saw another vote against me while I was posting. Anything I can share (aside from revealing my role) that will help change your minds?

Edited by Cherry Lane