BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pirate Mafia

Arr mateys! Now that we have a crew, the ship Sinistral's Fury will be setting sail on 9/26 at 10:00 PM EST.

-Days will be from 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST. Nights 10:00PM - 10:00 AM

Roles:

PIRATES: - Win if they are the majority on any given day. Know each other's identities and can communicate at night.

Pirate Lord - Always appears as an innocent if investigated, will show as pirate if planked.

Pirate Wench - Can select one person each night to "visit". That person fails to perform any actions for that night. (They were sorta... distracted.) Does not have any effect on Kraken. Takes precedence over all other night actions.

Pirate Alchemist - During the day, not 2x in a row. Can PM a person's name AND role. If correct, that person dies from poison during the night if not treated by herbalist. If incorrect role is given, the wrong poison was used and the person will know they were poisoned. If treated by herbalist, announced in night post to everyone. Does not count as a night visit.

KRAKEN: - Wins by killing One-Eyed Jack, or if last one standing.

The Kraken - The Legendary Sea Monster. Kills on even nights. Immune for first night and day. Wins if it can kill One-Eyed Jack. If One-Eyed Jack is killed by some other means, the Kraken will leave the game.

CREW: - Win if all the Pirates (and Kraken) are dead.

One-Eyed Jack - Former pirate who once awakened the Kraken, but has grown old and is now paranoid that the Kraken is after him. Is missing one eye, and can't see very well with the other. Will kill ANYONE who visits him during the night, except the Kraken. Cannot be pirate killed at night using normal means. Can still be planked/poisoned. Wins with innocents.

Bartender - The bartender is well-liked and respected among everyone on board. All his votes are counted double(triple if over 10 people voting). The bartender has an extensive knowledge of drinks and thus cannot be poisoned by the Alchemist. Will be informed if a poison attempt is made on him, but is not informed of the Alchemist's identity.

Doctor - Chooses one person each night to save. Can save self once per game. If that person would be killed by pirates that night, they are saved instead. Does not save from poison or Kraken. 50% chance to save from One-Eyed Jack.

Navy Officer - Chooses one living person each night to investigate. Will be told in morning if that person is (pirate/innocent/Kraken). [Knows identity of One-Eyed Jack].

Stowaway - Can visit one person each night and hide in their cabin. If that person is visited at night, the Stowaway will know who visited them.

Lookout - From up in the crow's nest, picks one person to watch each night. If that person visits someone at night, the lookout will know who they visited. Does not count as a visit.

Swashbuckler - A master swordsman. Can choose one person each night to visit and protect from pirates. Can choose self(defend). If pirates try to kill that person at night, an epic battle ensues. 50% chance the pirate is killed, 25% chance the swashbuckler is killed, 25% chance target is killed. When defending self, chances are 50/50. Does not protect from Kraken. After used successfully, swashbuckler's identity is revealed during night post.

Herbalist - Each night can choose one person to visit and counteract poison.

Rules and things to be aware of:

Planking is OPTIONAL on Day 1 only. During Day 1, you may choose to place a vote to not plank anybody that day. I am allowing this for strategic reasons. However, if I feel that people are defaulting to this option instead of participating in discussion, it may change without warning.

Pirate Night Kills - Because of the night visit and watching dynamic, along with the Pirates' choice of who to kill each night, they must also select one of their own to perform the killing. This person will be the one affected by any result of visiting the victim that night to kill them. If the pirates do not include this information in their nightly PM, I will select one of the Pirates at random.

Night actions are not mutually exclusive and do not cancel each other unless stated otherwise. If Kraken chooses to kill a pirate and pirates choose to kill Kraken... both will die. If Kraken chooses to kill One-Eyed Jack and Pirates choose to kill Kraken, both will die and Kraken wins the game, dying in the process.

Night PMs are final. You will not be allowed to change your mind once you have sent in a PM. This applies to the Pirate Alchemist as well.

If the voting ever ends up as a tie, a coin toss will determine who will be planked.

There will be no hints in day/night posts.

If you are dead, don't go too far... you may still be able to participate in one way or another.

There may be a few secrets that show up during the voyage. There will be no secret win conditions however.

Roster:

Captain: Sinistral

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty

8) Kat

9) GC

10) woon

11) Mekal

12) Slick

Edited by Sinistral

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I just found out that I'll be staying at a cottage aka no internet. I'm so sorry, but someone needs to take my place either for the weekend or if thats too hard for the game. I'm so sorry, I was really excited to play, but I can't :( :( :( Good luck everyone!

~Kat

OK, I just found out that I'll be staying at a cottage aka no internet. I'm so sorry, but someone needs to take my place either for the weekend or if thats too hard for the game. I'm so sorry, I was really excited to play, but I can't :( :( :( Good luck everyone!

~Kat

Not a problem Kat, I'll try to find you a sub or replacement who can sit in for you over the weekend. You get back on Sunday, right?

Finally reading the rules :) and I have a question about the Kraken:

The Kraken - The Legendary Sea Monster. Kills on even nights. Immune for first night and day. Wins if it can kill One-Eyed Jack. If One-Eyed Jack is killed by some other means, the Kraken will leave the game.

the Kraken has 2 win conditions, which is a change from the GR on which it is based. But the second condition can't be filled, because the note is still there that the Kraken leaves the game if the one-eyed jack is killed. Did you intend to leave this in?

the Kraken has 2 win conditions, which is a change from the GR on which it is based. But the second condition can't be filled, because the note is still there that the Kraken leaves the game if the one-eyed jack is killed. Did you intend to leave this in?

My bad, the second win condition was supposed to be removed since we only had 12 players. That would only be in effect if we started with 16. Thanks for catching this. Its too late for me to edit the post now though. If One-Eyed Jack is killed by someone other than the Kraken, the Kraken will leave the game. Same way the Grim Reaper has worked in previous mafias.

No one else is here apart from US :(

Hey! I thought you were from India. :P

'Tis because it could be that there exists an alliance between ya two. :D

EDIT: A bolder approach.

Oh are we working on alliances?

GC, Ben may be from India but that doesn't mean he is in India now.

He may be a jet setter!

And since we have the night coming up....the saving roles get to choose who to save right?

I hope for calm seas this first night! So no drinking crew cause I dont want to have to clean up any

spewage!

edit:

Slick you are playing this game right?

Edited by crazypainter

He may be a jet setter!

And since we have the night coming up....the saving roles get to choose who to save right?

I hope for calm seas this first night! So no drinking crew cause I dont want to have to clean up any

spewage!

edit:

I was just kidding. I think he meant us, my twisted mind saw it as US(and it was US). :lol:

No more nonsense posts on my part, I guess. :P

He may be a jet setter!

spewage!

edit:

Hiccup, hiccup. Yes, hiccup,,, I killed off the grog already, matey. :lol:

Still waiting on 1 confirmation, also trying to find a backup in case they don't confirm. Hopefully I can get it all sorted out before 10pm so we can get started, if it takes me a little while longer, please send in your night PMs anyway.

I bet you do. Even this time I dare not sing "My heart will go on..." :huh:

Arrr, woon, this be a pirate ship matey! We don't sing none of that pansy landlubber stuff. And we ain't gonna be hittin no iceberg either. :D

Arrr, woon, this be a pirate ship matey! We don't sing none of that pansy landlubber stuff. And we ain't gonna be hittin no iceberg either. :D

I knew, I just can't remember the lyrics of the song that pirates used to sing with a glass of beer in hand...... <_<

INTRO

The 3-masted galleon “Sinistral’s Fury” was anchored in the port of Rain Bend. Preparations for her maiden voyage were nearly complete. Captain Sinistral had made sure to stock up on plenty of rum and grog for the fine crew he had (almost?) assembled. “This ought to be an interesting trip”, he thought as he mulled over the list of crew members. “We’ve got a group of pirates on board.” He knew every sailor and pirate in these waters, so there was no sneaking anything past him. One of the crew members had an odd look in their eyes that he knew to be the look of one possessed by the Kraken, the legendary sea monster. He expected that might happen, seeing as how the famous One-Eyed Jack was also on board the ship, who the Kraken has been hunting for years. “Lets see how things turn out”, thought Sinistral as he finished up his preparations. Only one of these factions will come out on top at the end of this voyage… and they were the ones he’d share the treasure with.

Arr! Night 1 is upon ye, mateys! Lets get those PMs in!

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty

8) Kat

9) GC

10) woon

11) Mekal

12) Slick

Just so everyone is aware... we are looking for replacements for Kat and Dusty. Kat will be away for the weekend, and Dusty has not yet confirmed. If you have sent in your PMs already about either of these two and wish to change to someone else, you may do so now if you want.

Arrr! Itachi will be replacing Dusty. Yo ho ho and a bottle of... mangekyou sharingan? :D

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty Itachi

8) Kat

9) GC

10) woon

11) Mekal