BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I'm really loving the murder mysteries, so I tried to write one myself. I hope its good! I tried to put in all the information you could need to figure it out. Sorry about the corny names and whatnot. :)

Yoruichi-San and Andromeda were walking past the local Redrum University when they saw an ambulance racing away with sirens blaring. The school security guard ran out, looking flustered and confused. Y-San and Andromeda had a sneaking suspicion there had been some foul play judging by the terrified look on the guard's face and the recent onslaught of murders at the University. They ran up to the guard and told him to call the police right away and not to touch anything or let anyone in. Calmly they waited while the police arrived and the detectives did the preliminary investigation. After about 30 minutes, the Chief Detective came out. "The professor has taken too much insulin and has put himself into a diabetic coma. He's already at the hospital so he's in good hands. No need to worry, kids." Y-San and Andromeda's offered their help, knowing they were experts at seeing things others did not. Seeing as they were also detectives, he handed them each a pair of latex gloves and led them in.

When they entered the Professor's classroom they immediately saw the obvious items: there was a half-empty vial of insulin and 1cc syringe on the desk, along with a cold cup of coffee. Several papers were scattered on the floor. The detective informed them that the Professor had been found in his chair at his desk unconscious. They then began to look around at the less obvious clues. Five pieces of chalk were lined on the edge of the board. After the first two pieces which were green and white, there was a moderate space, then the following three pieces, which were yellow, pink and blue. "That's funny," said Y-San, rubbing her chin, "it doesn't fit." In the Professor's hand had been another piece of chalk that was red. There was also a small piece on the floor. It had been stepped on and crushed. Inspecting the piece that had been in in the professor's hand, Andromeda realized that it had been broken off intentionally. "This is no accident," she stated. "This was an attempted murder!" Y-san then added, "And the Professor was not diabetic. Look, there's regular sugar in his drawer. Someone as educated as him would be using an artificial sweetener instead." Andromeda said, "Not to mention that there is no used alcohol pad or anywhere to put the used lancet and test strip. He didn't check his blood sugar or anything. Someone did this and if I know the Professor, there has to be more clues somewhere."

The detective was shocked that he had not realized himself that it was an attempted homicide. He then handed over a piece of paper with letters, numbers, scribbles and the phrase, 'ramPAnt Stool Is Glob, duh.' The detective confessed, "I have no idea what it means, but I found it under the top page of the professor's desktop calendar." Y-San smirked. She then asked, "Can we have a few minutes alone to check out the room?"

The detective uneasily obliged. On his way out, he stopped and said, "Whoops, almost forgot. You'll be wanting the names of the suspects," slightly arrogantly.

"We don't need them, thanks," responded Andromeda and Y-San simultaneously as they smiled.

"I have the motives, as well," he said, hoping they would change their minds.

"Really, its ok. Thanks. But, can you call and make sure the Professor is going to be okay?" asked Y-San.

The investigator frowned and walked away.

"There's only one thing that doesn't belong here besides the insulin," said Y-San. Andromeda nodded in agreement. As Andromeda shuffled through the Professor's drawers, briefcase, bookcase, and filing cabinet, Y-San scribbled out simple calculations. After a few minutes, she chuckled quietly and said, "I would have expected something much more complicated from such an accomplished astrophysicist."

Several minutes later, the detective came back. As he did, Thunder Chicken slipped in, ran in front of them, stood facing away, dramatically turned his head towards the Detective, Y-San and Andromeda and shouted, "I did it! Chuck Norris goes to ITT Tech so it was ME!" After he finished shouting he noticed that on the board they had written five names in black and one name in red. None of the names were his and he walked out dejectedly. The names were: Edwin Adams, the professor of Human Biology; Francine Addison, the professor of Calculus; Jason Cleansen, the Head Custodian; Genevieve Freeverse, the head professor of the English Department; Catharine Aidelson, the teachers assistant for the psychology department and Charles Abrahams, the dean of Redrum University.

Y-san decidedly informed the detective that the name in red was the aspiring killer.

In disbelief, the Detective said "There is no way this is right." He handed a paper to Andromeda. "Here are the official suspects and their motives," he said. Andromeda looked down and laughed as she read the suspects. She showed Y-San, who also laughed. "Seriously, Detective? The Professor's wife? An old high school rival? These must jokes. How would they have gotten in here and back out unnoticed?" Y-San said. "The professor was suspicious of 6 people in Redrum University and he left us clues."

"Well explain them to me. I guess we'll just have to verify with the Professor when he regains consciousness. They got him there just in time and hooked him up to an IV drip of a glucose solution. He should be just fine."

"Good," responded both young detectives. "But first lets go grab the attempted killer! No time to explain"

What did not belong and why? What did Andromeda discover and how did she know it was a clue? How did Y-San figure out who tried to kill the Professor?

Also, I used Y-San and Andromeda purposefully because of something said in another thread. It should help you figure out how to get the answers from the clues.

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Andromeda looked down and laughed as she read the suspects. She showed Y-San, who also laughed. "Seriously, Detective? The Professor's wife? An old high school rival? These must be jokes...

Sorry... type-o!

Bah another fix, The names should be Edwin Adams, the professor of Human Biology; Francine Addison, the professor of Calculus; Jason Cleansen, the Head Custodian; Genevieve Freeverse, the head professor of the English Department; Catharine Jadelson, the teachers assistant for the psychology department and Charles Headmaster, the dean of Redrum University.

Sorry again!

does the whole thunder chicken thing really have anything to do with anything?

Its actually a very extravagant

DISTRACTION

:D

And because I thought he might come in and say he was the murderer so I was a step ahead :)

Bah another fix, The names should be Edwin Adams, the professor of Human Biology; Francine Addison, the professor of Calculus; Jason Cleansen, the Head Custodian; Genevieve Freeverse, the head professor of the English Department; Catharine Jadelson, the teachers assistant for the psychology department and Charles Headmaster, the dean of Redrum University.

Sorry again!

Don't worry about it. I read my murder case, I don't know, like 20 times before I posted it, but I still had mistakes and had to edit it!

I still have no idea about the solution :lol:, but I have a question

'ramPAnt Stool Is Glob, duh'-is that has something to do with the object that Andromeda was looking for?

I'm glad you didn't kill the Professor! ;)

Don't worry about it. I read my murder case, I don't know, like 20 times before I posted it, but I still had mistakes and had to edit it!

I still have no idea about the solution :lol:, but I have a question

'ramPAnt Stool Is Glob, duh'-is that has something to do with the object that Andromeda was looking for?

I'm glad you didn't kill the Professor! ;)

YES and

Well

I'm not sure, but I think it had to do with the methodology used to solve those riddles and not the actual solutions?!

:blink:

YES

And one last edit guys and then I promise its all okay, EVELYNE Jaidelson not Catharine Jaidelson. <_<

Nope

I like murder cases! I composed one myself. Click on the link in my signature, both the riddle and the solution are there

;)

:P

Yours and Woon's inspired me to write one :D Thus the University related-ness since I had all the professor business stuck in my head XD

+ Y-san's specialty is
chemistry and I've seen her math related puzzles and combined ones (all brilliant)
and "thinking outside the box" kind of riddles!

Well Y-sans specialty is everything imo XD

Numbers, ciphers et c.