BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I had actually been thinking of making this topic for a while, but I never really got around to it. But considering how much people have been discussing Heroes in the Mafia Discussion thread just because I said I made a game based off of Heroes, I figure I might as well post it. So those of you that were discussing there, start discussing here.

This topic is for everything Heroes: favorite heroes and episodes, ideas, predictions, etc.

A couple rule type things:

- Don't insult people's opinions. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but don't argue about it.

- For spoilers, predictions, etc. please use spoiler boxes. This should be obvious, but it's important, no one wants the show ruined for them.

Anyway, discuss! There is a lot to talk about with Heroes. And if there are any ideas for what to discuss, feel free. I kinda just put this together in the last 10 minutes, so it's not incredibly well thought out. Oh well. :P

Oh yeah, and Season 3 starts at 8PM TOMORROW NIGHT! WOO!

I can't wait! B))

• Answers 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Whoa guys, I loved that! Although everyone who was dead came back...:wacko: and the whole "I'm your mother" thing was SUCH an awesome twist ^_^ Although I want to know what happened to the doctor's skin...it was creepy <_< Yeah, the speedster girl is ok, but she wasn't in it enough. Am I the only one confused about the Nikki/new version girl? With the ice power? Is she her twin or something? :wacko: Love the show but its hard to follow sometimes :P

Night y'all

~The Fox

Everything was turned around tonight! Mohinder was one of my favorites in the first 2 seasons, even though he had no ability. Now what's with this god-complex? I didn't like him at all tonight.

Future Clare is scary. And I think I missed something - how did Parkman end up in Africa?

That Angela-Sylar connection was a surprise - and did you see the trailer for next episode? She lets him out.

What about Linderman - is he alive or dead? If dead, how did he fix Nathan. If alive, how is he invisible - thats not his ability?

Great episode. But too many questions. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out, right? Oh well.

The super speed is more like the Flash than Clark, who can outrun him any day.

And I don't think future Peter ever wanted to really kill Nathan, just stop him from revealing the abilities. That's the whole reason Peter went back in time, to stop him from saying that. And he did.

And the thing with Sylar. That's just crazy.

And I think Linderman is in Nathan's head...not too sure on that.

And I loved the "Heroes continues......NOW!" Classic. :D

Edited by Frost

And I think I missed something - how did Parkman end up in Africa?

Parkman found Future Peter's gun when he went back to get it after the assassination attempt. They ran into eachother, Parkman started grilling Future Peter, and Future Peter told him that he was from the future and that Parkman now knew too much. So FP touched Parkman and sent him to Africa.

So, I just went back to watch the 2nd episode from last night (no not time travel, it is loaded on the website now) and I checked out the powers of the escaped convicts. In particular the body that Peter is stuck in, which HRG explains to Claire that "you don't even want to know." Well, turns out... he actually does shoot cheez whiz from his fingertips... pretty b@d@$$.

can scream really loud

:P "Generates destructive amounts of sound" is what it says on the computer screen. (the chart next to it shows that the sound is emitted from his mouth)

It was cool, but I must've missed something (well I didn't see most of the first half since I only watched it during Prison Break commercials, since PB is way better :D), is Future Peter the "real" Peter? And is the 'present-time' Peter trapped in the 'audiomaniac's body without his normal Peter powers or something? How did that happen? What's the "formula" and where did it come from? And why didn't Future Peter just tell Nathan about the future instead of killing him?

It was cool, but I must've missed something (well I didn't see most of the first half since I only watched it during Prison Break commercials, since PB is way better :D), is Future Peter the "real" Peter? And is the 'present-time' Peter trapped in the 'audiomaniac's body without his normal Peter powers or something? How did that happen? What's the "formula" and where did it come from? And why didn't Future Peter just tell Nathan about the future instead of killing him?

Future Peter is Future Peter.

Present Peter is trapped inside the audiomaniacs body, because somehow Future Peter put him there.

All that is known thus far about the formula is that there are two parts and that if in the wrong hands it could destroy the world.

And when has Peter ever done anything the 'logical' way?

Actually, I thought the way they did the super-speed thing was like the way they did it in Smallville...and my reaction to the entire episode is pretty much summed up in one word:

Well, the Flash was on Smallville a few times. Remember Bart? But I know what you mean.

Edited by Frost

OK, you know that guy in Africa who paints the future as well...? Well how did he paint Matt when he was a boy, when time wise, that couldn't have been that long ago...right? :wacko: Also, I don't remember the guy who neutralizes powers. Hiro says he remembers him...when was that?

~Kat

OK, you know that guy in Africa who paints the future as well...? Well how did he paint Matt when he was a boy, when time wise, that couldn't have been that long ago...right? :wacko: Also, I don't remember the guy who neutralizes powers. Hiro says he remembers him...when was that?

~Kat

that's the Haitian

Lol...when Bennett told Sylar "there's no way I'm letting you near that buffet in there"...I was totally thinking the same thing...:D

Oh, and I guess Tracy isn't Nikki...hmmm...the whole "I created you" thing makes me think of Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion...

Did you see the preview for the next episode? Love the "other side of Sylar"...can't wait...;P

Grr, I was on a different channel, and it didn't show the "Next Time" thing...stupid Canadian Television...this episode wasn't as...epic as usual, kinda disappointed me *sigh* Oh well, looking forward to next week ^_^

~The Fox <(^-^)>

Grr, I was on a different channel, and it didn't show the "Next Time" thing...stupid Canadian Television...this episode wasn't as...epic as usual, kinda disappointed me *sigh* Oh well, looking forward to next week ^_^

~The Fox <(^-^)>

Yeah, they gotta have a plot builder episode after those first two epicsodes :P Though the bank thing was pretty cool. I wonder if Present Peter has all the powers of Future Peter now?

~The Fox <(^-^)>

Yeah, it was kind of disappointing...the Big Bad Lvl 5's were pretty pathetic...oh, and...

The girl in the painting had the same hairdo as Daphne...

I think Nikki and Tracy were clones made by Dr. Zimmerman...maybe "Barbara" is another clone, or she may be the one whose DNA was used to create the clones (the Dr. is kind of old...), like the equivalent of Yui Ikari...;P

Yeah, they gotta have a plot builder episode after those first two epicsodes :P Though the bank thing was pretty cool. I wonder if Present Peter has all the powers of Future Peter now?

Lol...maybe that's why Future Peter is so inefficient at using his powers...he got them when he was Present Peter and he doesn't really know what they are...I mean seriously, there is soooooooooooooo much more he could do with those powers...I would be happy to be his strategic advisor...:D

~Kat

He was painting the future, like Isaac used to, before Sylar killed him. Obviously the future hadn't happened yet. Oh, and Hiro met the Haitian when he and Ando visited the future in Season 1.

Yeah, it was kind of disappointing...the Big Bad Lvl 5's were pretty pathetic...oh, and...

The girl in the painting had the same hairdo as Daphne...

I think Nikki and Tracy were clones made by Dr. Zimmerman...maybe "Barbara" is another clone, or she may be the one whose DNA was used to create the clones (the Dr. is kind of old...), like the equivalent of Yui Ikari...;P

Freaky...but I was thinking the same thing. :P

That would be sweet wouldn't it...

Dang, and I wanted to know what happened to Mohinder...I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out. Though they did show how Claire turns "evil."

Edited by Frost

Dang, and I wanted to know what happened to Mohinder...I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out.

Uh...he was having a dream of some old guy sitting in a car telling him "With great power comes great responsibility"...jk ;)

Oh, and...

...I would suggest that he NOT try to stop "someone" from coming out with a formula to give everyone powers...for the obvious reason...;P

Wow, I found this thread late. Heroes is one of the 3 shows I watch (lost, heroes, and prison break).

Favorite character: Bennet - why? because he's the real badass! He's got no powers and still manages to hang with the freaks! That's why I like Batman, Bruce Wayne doesn't have a mutation or a super-power, he's just a badass with money.

As for the actual heroes, my favorite is Sylar - his power is to be able to "see" the difference in each heroes' brains that allows them to have their power and then make his brain work the same way. There seems to be some confusion over that. I like him because I generally like the bad guys. ;)

My biggest problem with Heroes is that pretty much EVERYTHING is a ripoff. Even the new Mohinder story. It's literally exactly like the Fly with Jeff Goldblum. Can someone name one power that hasn't already been done? I'd love to hear it.

Anyway, the show still rocks and there's ultra-violence so far this season. Heads flying everywhere!