BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I had actually been thinking of making this topic for a while, but I never really got around to it. But considering how much people have been discussing Heroes in the Mafia Discussion thread just because I said I made a game based off of Heroes, I figure I might as well post it. So those of you that were discussing there, start discussing here.

This topic is for everything Heroes: favorite heroes and episodes, ideas, predictions, etc.

A couple rule type things:

- Don't insult people's opinions. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but don't argue about it.

- For spoilers, predictions, etc. please use spoiler boxes. This should be obvious, but it's important, no one wants the show ruined for them.

Anyway, discuss! There is a lot to talk about with Heroes. And if there are any ideas for what to discuss, feel free. I kinda just put this together in the last 10 minutes, so it's not incredibly well thought out. Oh well. :P

Oh yeah, and Season 3 starts at 8PM TOMORROW NIGHT! WOO!

I can't wait! B))

• Answers 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Few more things:

Personally, my favorite hero would be Peter. He is just bad@$$ awesome, with all of the abilities. :D Actually, pretty much all of the heroes are cool.

As for episodes, too many to count. Though I think one of my favorite scenes is when Peter really first uses his abilities to save Claude.

Oh, and if you hadn't noticed, I made a game based off the show, check my signature.

I like Heroes, but the second season sucked. It was like a lame copyoff of the first season, which was great. I just hope that s3 will be good :D

And the "evolutionary" explanation for the abilities is B.S. lol. Not that it matters, but the majority of the population knows so little about what evolution actually is they probably think it's possible

I like Heroes, but the second season sucked. It was like a lame copyoff of the first season, which was great. I just hope that s3 will be good

Yeah, The second season wasn't as good as the first, though the writer's strike definitely hurt it. Season 3 sounds like it will be great though.

And the "evolutionary" explanation for the abilities is B.S. lol. Not that it matters, but the majority of the population knows so little about what evolution actually is they probably think it's possible

True, nothing that drastic could happen at all. But it's still awesome. :P

Edited by Frost

I was kinda sad that Season two was so short... but it was kind of crappy. I do like the new girl though... mmmmm...whats her name??? the one who cries and kills everyone! i can't remember her name! Anyway, I just have to say that Hayden is absolutely gorgeous :blush: and I think I'm in love with her hehe j/k

Edited by sweetness kat

Yeah, The second season wasn't as good as the first, though the writer's strike definitely hurt it. Season 3 sounds like it will be great though.

True, nothing that drastic could happen at all. But it's still awesome. :P

I never seen an episode, was going to hire it out of a video shop but got "Surface" instead

I was kinda sad that Season two was so short... but it was kind of crappy. I do like the new girl though... mmmmm...whats her name??? the one who cries and kills everyone! i can't remember her name!

Season 2 was only short because of the writer's strike. They had a whole lot more planned that never happened because of it.

Oh, and I believe you mean Maya.

Edited by Frost

Lol...I was wondering when someone would start this thread...

But yeah, Peter is definitely my favorite...(and not just because he's so nice to look at ;))

To me, he is basically the same as Professor Ivo's Android, from Justice League...the android learns the abilities of the superheroes its fights. After learning all the Justice League's abilities and totally and utterly owning their collective @$$es, it takes off and flies up into the sky. One of the JLeagers asks, "Where is he going?"

The Martian replies "To where all Gods go..."

Pretty much says it all ;P

Oh, and I was watching this other show, and instead of saying "For the love of God", this girl said "For the love of Peter Petrelli"... :D

You know, one thing I just realized: Shouldn't Peter have Sylar's ability too? I mean, sure, he wouldn't use it, but he should be able to tell when someone has something "wrong" with them, right?

Umm...is that Sylar's ability? Peter got his telekinesis...but I was wondering, shouldn't Peter have Sylar's freezing ability? Since he had that before their first encounter...and the super-hearing he has, right?

Oh, and whenever someone dies in that show before meeting Peter, I'm like *Sigh* such a waste...;P

Haha finally! I was going to make this board, but I got distracted...<_< I miss the professer, mind blanking...Ashanti? He used to be my favourite, as well as Issac...why do my favourite characters always die?! I dunno, I want them to do something about Peter, he's WAY to important/powerful.

~Kat

<(^-^)>

Haha finally! I was going to make this board, but I got distracted...<_< I miss the professer, mind blanking...Ashanti? He used to be my favourite, as well as Issac...why do my favourite characters always die?! I dunno, I want them to do something about Peter, he's WAY to important/powerful.

~Kat

<(^-^)>

Shanti was the sister...the Indian guy with the British accent is Mohinder...yeah, I miss Isaac, too...;)

But they did do something about Peter...they had him loose his memory and disappear for the first half of Season 2...(which is what I thought they would do...)

There are rumors that in the future they may...

...Peter evil! Then the others would have to fight against him...

Maybe Sylar will become good...maybe he actually fell in love with Maya...but she was annoying in S2...I was actually hoping he'd finally get enough of her and finish her off...XP

Yes THANK YOU...I just had a serious mind blank there :P Yeah, I dunno, I just hated Maya, she was so...weak, like she always seemed to be freaking out or emotional, I mean if she wasn't so easily upset, she wouldn't have killed so many people :rolleyes:

~Kat

<(^-^)> The Fox

Umm...is that Sylar's ability? Peter got his telekinesis...but I was wondering, shouldn't Peter have Sylar's freezing ability? Since he had that before their first encounter...and the super-hearing he has, right?

Oh, and whenever someone dies in that show before meeting Peter, I'm like *Sigh* such a waste...;P

Well, I remember that Sylar was a really good watch maker. In the episode where he meets Shandra and he finds out about his abilities, he notices when there is something "wrong" with people. And to fix them, he kills them and does his thing. Then he goes around taking abilities for the power. Yeah, good point. Peter should have Sylar's freezing and hearing, though I don't think Peter knows that Sylar has those abilities, so he can't use them.

I know what you mean about people dying, though if Sylar kills them there's always a chance. :P

There are rumors that in the future they may...

...Peter evil! Then the others would have to fight against him...

Hehehe...I found out about something like that, but by watching the DVDs.

In one of the special features, it revealed the person that shot Nathan in the finale to be...

Spoiler for don't look if you don't want to know...:

Future Peter

I have my own theories about why this is, but I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. :P

Well, I remember that Sylar was a really good watch maker. In the episode where he meets Shandra and he finds out about his abilities, he notices when there is something "wrong" with people. And to fix them, he kills them and does his thing. Then he goes around taking abilities for the power. Yeah, good point. Peter should have Sylar's freezing and hearing, though I don't think Peter knows that Sylar has those abilities, so he can't use them.

I know what you mean about people dying, though if Sylar kills them there's always a chance. :P

Really? It seemed to me that his ability was to "figure out how stuff works" (hence making him so good at fixing watches)...and he figured out that he could steal abilities by eating brains...mmm...(I liked the episode when he was having ice cream for dessert...:P). I thought that in the episode with Chandra Suresh, he thought there was "something wrong" with the telekinesis guy b/c the guy didn't want his ability...the guy had come to Dr. Suresh to find a way of "curing" himself...and Sylar thought there had to be something "wrong" with him for not wanting what Sylar wished he could have...so Sylar took it...

And I hear you on that last line...which is why I wasn't too upset Candice died...XP

Hehehe...I found out about something like that, but by watching the DVDs.

In one of the special features, it revealed the person that shot Nathan in the finale to be...

Spoiler for don't look if you don't want to know...:

Future Peter

I have my own theories about why this is, but I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. :P

...actually, knowing American television...we'll probably have to wait for a few months (till mid-season) to find out...:P

Been catching up on the webcomic...was kinda disgruntled after the Season 2 flop...but seeing the puzzles and stuff...OMG I want to be a writer for Heroes...I could put BD on my resume... :lol:

Anyways, I also remembered something else that I was pondering...which takes precedence, Peter's learning power or the Haitian's canceling power? I.e. if Peter and the Haitian meet, does the Haitian cancel Peter's powers or does Peter learn the Haitian's canceling power and in turn cancel it out? Is this a paradox? :wacko:

Oh, and I really like Joan's muscle learning ability, too...I wonder if it works for anime? ;P

Am I the only one who found Heroes to be a bit disappointing? I saw about the first 9 episodes before moving to Italy and thought it was awesome (though incredibly slow-moving), and had to get the series 1 box set. I ended up being totally bored with it. Problems with Heroes:

• Too slow moving (a few less characters would get things bumping along a bit quicker)
  • It invites you to think about it but doesn't stand up to close scrutiny (motivations and powers and stuff like that largely don't make a lot of sense)
  • Biggest problem of all: The powers are too strong.

That's what really kills it for me, when you've got several characters who are virtually omnipotent, it all gets a bit pointless. The only saving grace in that regard is Hiro's inability to control his power. Having characters too powerful just results in daft Unstoppable Force VS Immovable Object paradoxes like what Yoruichi-san mentioned. I always preferred Batman to Superman. If they just toned it down and had powers like the ability to think really fast, see 3 seconds into the future, make small things hover, generate unusual smells and so on, they could write much more intelligent and inventive stuff with it.

Lol...it's pretty bad...every time someone struggles with something on the show, I'm like "what would Peter do?" :P

...like when Hiro is trying to figure out how to open the safe, I was thinking "Peter would just reach through it with his phasing through matter ability"...

And it's about time super-speed showed up...although seems too similar to Clark Kent in Smallville... :rolleyes:

Edit: And I kept wondering why future Peter didn't just freeze time and kill Nathan like he planned...there's so many possibilities with his plethora of powers...

Edited by Yoruichi-san