BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

12 answers to this question

I will use a, y, b because they look similar.

yab / ya = ab (*ya)

yab = yba^2 (/yb)

a = a^2 (/a)

1 = a^2/a

1 = a

a = 1

Alpha, beta and gamma are not supposed to be variables multiplied together, they are supposed to be digits (but alpha always represents the same digit). An incorrect solution would be: 489/48=89.

alpha = 1, beta = 0, gamma = anything (but we'll say 3 for convenience) so

310/31=10

Alpha, beta and gamma are not supposed to be variables multiplied together, they are supposed to be digits (but alpha always represents the same digit). An incorrect solution would be: 489/48=89.

alpha = 1, beta = 0, gamma = anything (but we'll say 3 for convenience) so

310/31=10

They are multiplied together. It is common not to write the multiplication sign when we have variables multiplied together. But you already know that. I didn't emphasized that because I didn't think it was necessary! Sorry! <_<

That is why I said that it's really easy!

Edited by andromeda

They are multiplied together. It is common not to write the multiplication sign when we have variables multiplied together. But you already know that. I didn't emphasized that because I didn't think it was necessary! Sorry! <_<

That is why I said that it's really easy!

I'm so sorry! I'm such an idiot! You are absolutely right alpha, beta and gamma are digits forming a number! I just didn't read the riddle correctly and I was the one to post it (live & learn). So thank you for pointing that out! I owe you one BIG apology!!!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm so sorry! I'm such an idiot! You are absolutely right alpha, beta and gamma are digits forming a number! I just didn't read the riddle correctly and I was the one to post it (live & learn). So thank you for pointing that out! I owe you one BIG apology!!!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Don't worry about it.