BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

If you are honest...

Question

• Answers 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Heh, it amuses me how in all these threads even after 6 odd pages there are people who post the same answers as everybody else has been doing as if they're guessing ¬_¬

Apparently "are you dead?" is the desired answer/question/whatever.

Aaron is right!Are you dead? You CANNOT, at whatevaer point and in any situation honestly answer "yes", whereas all other questions can at some point be answered yes, according to situations and environments.

However, I am an honest person and my name is "Dead". People always ask me "are you dead?" and of course I answer "Yes". That's who I am. I resent the suggestion that I might be lying.

P.S. my surname is "Meat"

Apparently "are you dead?" is the desired answer/question/whatever.

However, I am an honest person and my name is "Dead". People always ask me "are you dead?" and of course I answer "Yes". That's who I am. I resent the suggestion that I might be lying.

P.S. my surname is "Meat"

LOL! that was VERY original....

i dont think there IS an answer, unless u define honest as never lying, knowingly or not.

one is "do you lie?" as many people have already suggested, and the other is "Are you going to answer no to this question?".. well this one is just impossible to answer lol

All of you guys forget the wonderfull world of gaming... you COULD answer honostly "Yes" to the question "are you dead?" if you just died in a game and a friend (or someone else) asks...

actually the gaming world gives the oppotunity to answer "Yes" to a lot of the questions... "is the sky green?" or "are you a zebra" or "are you 10 feet tall" "yes in this game im a 10 feet tall zebra whom just died in a world with a green sky"

as i see it "will your nest word be no" is the only question you cannot answer with a "yes" (for as long as the question is a yes/no question)

any question that requires a quantitative answer..ie how many potatoes in the bag etc will do...yes just wont be the answer to this..so should there be more definition to the question?

We are all arguing on a subject that only has one answer: there is an infinite number of questions that can be asked that makes sure the answer given back by an honest person is not 'yes'. This is all I think, and I rest my case.

Simplify your thoughts.

Ask, "Are you a liar?"

liars dont ALLWAYS tell lies. liars are people that tell lies. not people that all they say are lies. if a liar never tells the truth, then it is impossible to say "i am a liar."

are you going to answer 'no' to this question?

Ya also have the category of questions where either 'yes' or 'no' is a lie along with the questions which would answer 'no' and the questions where a 'yes' answer is not appropriate.

Hmmm. Lets attack this question by reducing it. Lets take a look at the question in reverse and see if we see an answer.

If you are an honest person, what is one question you cannot answer with a "Yes" ?

Critically thinking the correct answer would be the reverse of the question which would be

Am I a dishonest person?

Because if you answered it with a yes then you would totally negate the first question having been asked to start with. THINK PEOPLE!!