BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Three Ants...

Question

Three ants are going up a hill, one behind the other. The last ant then says to the other ants, "There is an ant behind me!" How come?

Can't except circular or triangular thoery, not enough ants to see another behind!

I think they are blind based on there compound eyes, they can see the sun and variable light images, so they and rely on touch then it would know that something else is behind it.

If it was any old ant it would be a threat, is he calling his mates to help fight the foe?

Why do people think that three ants making there way up hill are the only ants? There may be others dead, waiting or moving in another direction.

probably there are other things (like my daughter hitting the wrong key causing me to edit) to consider as this Topic is too vague, and I am picky today (maybe other days too).

Edited by Lost in space

Besides the one I said up top ^ they could be spiraling up a very very narrow hill but that wouldn't really be a line...

And how come the person that made up this joke haven't responded or posted anything yet =\

Edited by platanos

Here are a couple solutions:

1) You only mentioned 3 ants... maybe there are others on 'the hill'.

2) The term 'last ant' only implies that it is at the back of the line. Maybe he was the last ant in height or weight.

3) Ants marching in a circle are possible.

4) Ants marching backwards is also possible

5) Also since when could ants talk?

6) He could be just plain-old lying.

7) They weren't the tradition ants, but instead were quantom-ants so 'behind' is only a constraint in a linear universe.

8) Maybe the ant had bad gambling debts, and the ant-mafia was out to get em.

9) The ant suffered from dyslexia.

Okay, I'm done.

-Doug

Edited by DugALug

Three ants are going up a hill, one behind the other. The last ant then says to the other ants, "There is an ant behind me!" How come?

Here's my solution: the last ant mentioned in the opening sentence is "other" ("one behind the other"). Therefore there is one ant behind the last ant mentioned.

And the best part is there's no need for orbiting anti-gravity ants with a tendency to fib.

I cannot believe I'm the only one thinking outside the box. An ant that "lies", going uphill backwards? a miiror on his butt? come on you guys really....it's an old fashioned play on words, "ant"..."aunt" get it? the three "aunts" are going up hill and the last "aunt" tells the other two "aunts" there is an "ant" behind her,

and I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee, sheesh.

I cannot believe I'm the only one thinking outside the box. An ant that "lies", going uphill backwards? a miiror on his butt? come on you guys really....it's an old fashioned play on words, "ant"..."aunt" get it? the three "aunts" are going up hill and the last "aunt" tells the other two "aunts" there is an "ant" behind her,

and I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee, sheesh.

However, I think that this would be a riddle best said outloud, instead of written, for it to be a play on words, because I'm sure some one will be nice enough -_- to point out the spelling of the word "a-n-t." and that it is indeed not written "aunt"

There are actually two ants behind the leader, the middle ant and the last ant, the one referring to himself as me. This is of course a solution dependent on improper punctuation, a comma before me.

Elmo when to the white house and pressed a red button in donald trumps office, which nuked the hype house and made charli damelio crazy, so she built a robot and the robot went to the ants and yeeted the last ant in front of the other ant.So the last ant became in front of the two other ants.