Fifteen Castaways.

One Island.

One Destiny.

One Winner.

One Survivor

ASTRAY.

*** Game Process ***

3 teams of 5 each

- immunity challenges, 2 teams win each challenge, the loser going to Tribal Council (TC), where one person is voted off from that team by their fellow team members and eliminated from the game

- the first team to hit 2 people gets split up into the other 2 teams, one person going to each of the other teams randomly

2 teams left now

- now only team wins immunity, the other goes to Tribal Council

- when the total drops to 5 people, the teams merge into one

1 team left, of 5 people: the final 5

- immunity is individual, with only one person winning

- the team goes to TC after each immunity challenge, with the immunity-winner exempt from being voted for

- when it gets down to 2 people, the Jury decides who wins. The jury consists of 5 people, from the 7th place person to the 3rd place person, and they hold a final discussion where questions are asked, etc, then each juror casts their vote for the ultimate winner. For the ultimate survivor.

*** Tribal Council ***

A brief discussion will be held in public, then I start the voting and everyone PMs me the name of the person they want kicked off the team. I will tally the votes and the person will be asked to leave the show immediately :) (hehe). If the game is down to one team: Before the vote (during the discussion), if the Immunity Holder (IH) wants to give the immunity to someone else, they must state it before the voting begins!

- It takes majority (above 1/2) to kick someone off the island

- Immunity-Holder: if the game is down to 1 team and someone votes for the person with immunity, I will reply and tell them to change their vote. Also, the IH votes just like everyone else

- Hidden Immunity: if someone has a secret immunity idol, when they PM me their vote they must also tell me they want to use it, or if they want to give it to someone else

- Before revealing the vote tally, I will reveal if anybody used a hidden immunity or transferred immunity to anyone else. This can affect the voting: if someone is revealed as immune, all votes against that person are void, and the second-most voted person is sent packing

- In the event of a tie, I will constrict the ballot to the names involved in the tie, and redo the vote. If the vote is still tied after the second redo, other options will be pursued

*** Rules ***

The No's

: No insulting

: No complaining

: No announcing in-topic or in a PM that you have sent your vote in to me, or who you voted for, though you can of course say beforehand who you will vote for (however true that may be :P)

: No not having fun :D

The Yes's

: You can PM each other privately, but CC me in the PM!!!

: Please PM your vote in soon after I call for the votes, or as soon as you can. If a majority is reached before you have the chance to vote, you will be excluded from the vote, unless I know that you have an immunity idol, in which case I will wait to see if you use it. This won't affect anything or give away info because nobody knows who has PMed me

*** Challenges ***

I have a few ideas for challenges already, and may create a system of stats, numbers, etc, and possibly reward challenges to go with that, not sure yet. I will think on the finer details while people sign up :D

Team ?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Team ?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Team ?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

When you sign up, please copy the full roster over. Also, when you put your name in, also put an idea of what you think the team name should be. For example:

Team ?

1) Bob - Team Zulu

2) Randy - The Awesome Team

3)

4)

5)

Team ?

1)

2)

3)

4) Zirk - The Island Security Agency (ISA)

5)

Team ?

1) Ribs - We Like Ribs

2)

3)

4)

5)

• Answers 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Okay... the ideal solution would have been to write up a php "dice roll" function that we could call within a post just like the spoiler or codebox. However, this would involve editing the Brainden forum itself so that gets ruled out pretty quickly. Originally I was going to code my own dice roller and host it somewhere, which wouldn't take too long, but then finding a way to prevent cheating really complicates things. Any solution to prevent cheating I could think of involved storing previous die rolls in a file or database somewhere with some kind of id number to identify them. This way if people rolled multiple times we would be aware of it. That kind of thing would have taken me significantly longer, but fortunately I came across a site that does all that already. They use url links instead of images like my original idea, so it won't be as pretty, but the effect is the same and it has a way of checking for cheaters. And it doesn't give me any added workload... which is good :D

Example: I rolled a 12 sided die to test, and the result was 9. The site gives me a BBcode url link which I copy and pasted below.

testing roller part 2 (1d12=9)

To check for cheating, we can just click the link and it gives more detailed info like the name of the person who rolled it, the exact time they rolled, and what their previous rolls were. In this example I used "SinistralTest" as the name. To prevent cheating here are the rules I propose:

-For any given die roll situation, each player should only roll once.

-If you need to make any test rolls, just add test to your name, or use a different name.

-In order for a roll to count in Astray, the name that appears in the invisiblecastle roll must match your username here on Brainden EXACTLY.

-Since the time of the roll is stored and anyone can view your previous rolls, if we find extra rolls in your log... that will count as cheating.

What do you guys think?

wow, awesome! At first I thought someone could make another account, roll again, etc, but if the ONLY account we can use has to match our BD name (or is at least pre-announced), there can be no cheating - great idea! This could work...... I'm all for it. How about I just give out the encryption right now:

BYSQAATNTCARTISVEDTURIY

and no need to waste rounds on that. You can PM the answer and gameplay doesn't have to stop, I could just reply whenever I can get on, and that's when you get the battery. Or something

well I'm all for going ahead if everyone else wants to, though really next week I'm about to get even busier, and it would be cool if someone else would host :D

wow, awesome! At first I thought someone could make another account, roll again, etc, but if the ONLY account we can use has to match our BD name (or is at least pre-announced), there can be no cheating - great idea! This could work...... I'm all for it. How about I just give out the encryption right now:

BYSQAATNTCARTISVEDTURIY

and no need to waste rounds on that. You can PM the answer and gameplay doesn't have to stop, I could just reply whenever I can get on, and that's when you get the battery. Or something

well I'm all for going ahead if everyone else wants to, though really next week I'm about to get even busier, and it would be cool if someone else would host :D

Well I think I've got the encryption figured out... are starting this or still undecided on how/if we want to continue?

I have no clue :P Nobody's putting any input in (less than they were originally, that is, some people seemed to have forgotten that they were even part of the game, earlier), so I'm assuming that we're dropping it in lieu for a better remake at a later time when it's more convenient... sort of like a rain check, I guess, though the next one doesn't necessarily have to be hosted by me :D

I have no clue :P Nobody's putting any input in (less than they were originally, that is, some people seemed to have forgotten that they were even part of the game, earlier), so I'm assuming that we're dropping it in lieu for a better remake at a later time when it's more convenient... sort of like a rain check, I guess, though the next one doesn't necessarily have to be hosted by me :D

First off... you are the only one that physically (well... i guess cyberneticly) can host a game this big.

second off... im wondering if i should let the big cat out of the bag...

Okay, Astray is officially over; it had some flaws. There may be an Astray II in the future, maybe, maybe not, we'll see. Thanks for playing, guys, it just would've taken far too long - months, at least, to reach the end

okay... i might as well say that I AM PHAZON HOPPER!!! I laughed REALLY hard when i got on the same team...

Okay, Astray is officially over; it had some flaws. There may be an Astray II in the future, maybe, maybe not, we'll see. Thanks for playing, guys, it just would've taken far too long - months, at least, to reach the end

Well, thank you for hosting this much. I have enjoyed the experience and I think the idea is fantastic. If there is an Astray II, I'm definitely in. :D

okay... i might as well say that I AM PHAZON HOPPER!!! I laughed REALLY hard when i got on the same team...

Dude...isn't that cheating? Maybe not as much for this but definitely in other games like mafia. I figured no one would ever do it because it was cheap and an unfair advantage that ruins the game, just an assumed rule that everyone followed.

Dude...isn't that cheating? Maybe not as much for this but definitely in other games like mafia. I figured no one would ever do it because it was cheap and an unfair advantage that ruins the game, just an assumed rule that everyone followed.

I would never use it on mafia... The real reason that i was laughing was because i wanted to be on the same team...

Wouldn't you want to be on opposite teams?

Still, that IS cheating, Mafia or Astray, it doesn't matter. You have a tendency for that, don't you, with the copying-PM thing :D Bb does a similar thing with Surge, but he never enters Bb AND Surge into the same game lol. He made Surge a while ago so that he could view Mafia topics without revealing that he was viewing them - I chuckled when I saw "Surge" join Cruise Ship Mafia, hehe. Didn't he make a slip though, and that's how everyone found out?

Wouldn't you want to be on opposite teams?

Still, that IS cheating, Mafia or Astray, it doesn't matter. You have a tendency for that, don't you, with the copying-PM thing :D Bb does a similar thing with Surge, but he never enters Bb AND Surge into the same game lol. He made Surge a while ago so that he could view Mafia topics without revealing that he was viewing them - I chuckled when I saw "Surge" join Cruise Ship Mafia, hehe. Didn't he make a slip though, and that's how everyone found out?

Yeah, I thought of the PM thing too after reading that. :P

I think Surge was also so people wouldn't do the same old "Brandonb's evil, let's get him" thing that always ends up happening.

Though what's dumb is Surge is BB's name in Brawl, which is kinda a giveaway...

Edited by Frost