BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

i had to post this even though i havent benn on in a while, the leader would give you one symptom and you preform tests and the leader will give you the results(the leader would have to know wat would happen by looking it up on wiki or google) the leader will tell you when the patient has died or been cured oops forgot you can give treatments

cant be the leader(disese creater) because as unreality used to constanly reminded me and this is life or death :lol:;):DB)) so any one make ur own topic w/ a patient ready. call it doctor 1 or 2 or 3...

i hope this catches on i never have good ideas so i hhope this is one

btw anyone can post(just add doctor to your nam) ;):lol::D

all you have to do is make a topic w/ a syptom of a patient a medical history f that patient then the "doctors" preform tests by posting they did so then you give them the results and they preform more tests or give treatmen and keep in your head(do not post!) when the patient will die. the game ends when someone dies or gets better. remember anyone can play or host

all you have to do is make a topic w/ a syptom of a patient a medical history f that patient then the "doctors" preform tests by posting they did so then you give them the results and they preform more tests or give treatmen and keep in your head(do not post!) when the patient will die. the game ends when someone dies or gets better. remember anyone can play or host

Alright, you start the thread then so we can get a better understanding of this game. Sounds basic enough but i'm pretty sure everyone will love to kill the patient! Hey i know i would... it would be funny injecting him with acid and wonder wha the outcome will be... thats if you do describe in detail on what would happen.... :D

OK, an easy one (relative to next one) taken directly from House:

Teenage girl presents with cuts, bruises and fractured leg after a car crash.

<Enter House>

------------------------------------

As I'm based in the UK and read this during working hours then I cannot guarantee a speedy response but I shall respond as best I can.

Edit: Once this has been solved then I'll pose the next one.

Edited by UKJon

OK, an easy one (relative to next one) taken directly from House:

Teenage girl presents with cuts, bruises and fractured leg after a car crash.

<Enter House>

------------------------------------

Sorry, forgot to add: House's attention was grabbed by the girl's odd flinching when the wounds were being cleaned.

Sorry, forgot to add: House's attention was grabbed by the girl's odd flinching when the wounds were being cleaned.
Doctor Slick reporting for duty: Administer 5.7 cc's of morphene for pain. Finish splinting the leg until the x-ray technician can examine it. Bandage-up the cleansed wounds and keep her talking.

Keep her in the ER until a diagnosis can be made. She may be on dope. :P

Girl is not in pain. X-ray confirms standard fracture, nil else of note. She keeps asking after her mother who was also in the car at the time of the crash (who's currently in surgery for internal injuries). Blood tests (which you took for toxicology) was negative for toxins of any type.

Doctor Slick reporting for duty: Administer 5.7 cc's of morphene for pain. Finish splinting the leg until the x-ray technician can examine it. Bandage-up the cleansed wounds and keep her talking.

Keep her in the ER until a diagnosis can be made. She may be on dope. :P

The patient starts to have breathing difficulties and the nurse points out that her pupils are dilated. She wasn't on drugs until you gave it to her! :P

The patient starts to have breathing difficulties and the nurse points out that her pupils are dilated. She wasn't on drugs until you gave it to her! :P
Put patient on oxygen (mask) and see if it helps. Use the average amount. See if she want something to eat, after the breathing is back to normal. :lol:

Put patient on oxygen (mask) and see if it helps. Use the average amount. See if she want something to eat, after the breathing is back to normal. :lol:

Well done, you've managed to rescue this girl from an OD. Patient has a normal appetite.

I might need your help then Lemonymelon as I can't remember the next symptom. :blush: I'm desperately looking on Google to see what could fit!

Edit: Found something! Patient feels lethargic and before you ask, the hb was normal when you checked the bloods.

Edited by UKJon

Doctor Sarah (neurologist)

respiratory support given!

Administered phenobarbital 15-20mg/kg intravenous or intramuscular

ask relative about patient's history: possible for Head injury/trauma or other illness

run test immediately: ABG test, EEG, MRI, and cranial CT scan

Doctor Sarah (neurologist)

respiratory support given!

Administered phenobarbital 15-20mg/kg intravenous or intramuscular

ask relative about patient's history: possible for Head injury/trauma or other illness

run test immediately: ABG test, EEG, MRI, and cranial CT scan

Sorry, just had to look up phenobarbital and ABG. She's not convulsing any more. Her skin is Very hot to touch.

Patient does not consent to Arterial Blood Gas test. She does not comply with EEG stating that she's fine. Cranial MRI and cranial CT scans managed to go ahead as she was made interested in the outcome (she's a teenager). They did not help as CT came back as normal. MRI was inconclusive as patient could not remain still for long enough.

Foreman: No dad, mom’s still in surgery. What do you want us to do?

Upon quizzing the patient, she says she's fine. She is still asking after her mum (still in surgery).

Sorry, just had to look up phenobarbital and ABG. She's not convulsing any more. Her skin is Very hot to touch.

Patient does not consent to Arterial Blood Gas test. She does not comply with EEG stating that she's fine. Cranial MRI and cranial CT scans managed to go ahead as she was made interested in the outcome (she's a teenager). They did not help as CT came back as normal. MRI was inconclusive as patient could not remain still for long enough.

for fever: give Paracetamol 120mg for temperature above 99.5 F every 4 hours.

ASK THE PATIENT's HEALTH HISTORY!

In the episode of House, House diagnosed the underlying condition from the odd flinch (plus other observations) but the patient denied it. This is one of the reasons I am withholding this information until it becomes obvious. The other reason is that it took House the full episode to diagnose what was truely wrong with her. Hopefully, the doctors here (and wannabe doctors) will be much more effective.