BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale: Reloaded!

itachi-san

Twelve familiar Characters assembled back in the Hidden Leaf Village. Thanks to Itachi's resurrection and soul transfer techniques they were able to join the Battle Royale again, only this time they most likely had different identities. Some souls were beyond even Itachi's reach and had been replaced with entirely new faces. As the players assembled they noticed two figures in the black Akatsuki robes sitting atop a nearby hill concentrating on something. One of them, Itachi, opened his eyes, rose and descended to the field when all twelve of the participants had arrived.

Itachi-saan.jpg

Itachi: My organization, Akatsuki, has once again asked me to hold this contest for recruitment purposes. We will not accept one-hit wonders, so you must prove that you can survive such a battle again, however far your skills carried you last time. Let's see if you can pull it off with a new character or even the same one again. I will explain the rules more clearly this time.

Villains: Each has their own agenda for winning

The Geass Order: (GO) knows each other at the beginning. They all use Eye techniques and attempt a kill each night without exception. They have a 100% successful kill against a Defenseless or unblindfolded opponent. They win by killing everyone else. There are 3 members with unique Geass Abilities. During an Attack and during an UnBlindfolded Lynch each Geass User (GU) has unlimited use of their Geass power.

Defense Geass: Each GU has 2 Defense Geasses. The first Defense happens if they are attacked before they use their Ability. They will be able to turn the tables on their attacker and Attack them instead with a 50/50 chance of success. If the Counter Attack is not successful, the GU will not be able to be found. This Counter-Attack can only be prevented if their Attacker is wearing a Blindfold. Also, this Attack would be in addition to the GO's Night Attack. The Second Defense happens if a GU is attacked during the Night that they use their Geass Ability (and still have one Defense left) or after that Night, then they will overuse their Geass in a desperate attempt to save themselves. This will result in the GU's head exploding, sending a shockwave of power at their attacker who then has a 50/50 chance of surviving the clash. The Blindfold is ineffective against such a blast.

If someone is wearing their Blindfold when a GU Attacks or Counter-Attacks then there is a stalemate and no one dies, but the victim has a 50/50 chance of learning the Identity of a random GU.

Geass Abilities: If used, they will use up one Defense Geass. Blindfolds are ineffective if a Geass Ability is cast on a player.

LeLouche: His Geass Ability is Definitive Order. One time, LeLouche can order any player's entire Night actions without them knowing.

Rolo: His Geass Ability stops time for everyone but the GO and can prevent the death of any one GU of his choice that Night. If used, that GU cannot be found. This ability can only be used once.

C.C.: Her Geass Ability can be used once to turn another player into a member of the Geass Order [Marianne]. There is a 50/50 chance that person accepts. If they decline there is a 50/50 chance they learn CC's identity.

Marianne: Only created if CC's Ability is successful. Her Geass Ability can shape change herself into the player the GO Attacks. She will then create a moment of shock for her victim, and be able to break any Defenses and successfully kill their target if that player is unblindfolded. This of course, can only be used once.

Each GU has one False Name

If Ed Elric's Alchemy is perfected for the specific GU he targets he will break all Defenses and kill him/her with 100% success and no damage to himself.

Light: uses his Death Note to kill someone each night. He wins if L, Alucard, and the GO die. Light cannot kill Ichigo and has a 50/50 chance of his Identity being leaked to Ichigo if he tries to go for him. Light has a sick sense of justice and believes he is doing good, but will kill anyone who gets in his way especially the great Detective L. If Light targets someone who is using a False Name, then he is fooled and enters an extraneous name into his Death Note. His intended victim then has a 50/50 chance of learning his identity. Light has a 100% success-rate of killing a Defense-less player who is not using a False Name.

Light has 2 defenses: Two times, he can write in his Death Note that an Innocent bystander dies for him.

Light has 1 Item: a Blindfold

Ichigo is never fooled by Light's Defenses though and will break his Defense and certainly kill him with 100% success.

Alucard: The most powerful Vampire. He wins if everyone else is dead and/or bitten. There is no Defense from him for anyone. When he Attacks he has a 50/50 chance of either killing his victim or biting them and converting them to becoming his future subordinates. Conversion will not take effect during this Game though and changes nothing to the converted character.

He cannot attack the same person twice.

His 2 Defenses are the Police Girl dying for him and by accepting a mission from his Master, he cannot be found.

Alucard has 2 Items: a Blindfold and a False Name

Yuna can break his defenses and summon him back to Hell no matter what.

Heroes: win by killing all the Villains

Spike: (Bounty Hunter) There is a vote each odd day for who Spike will go after that Night. This is because Spike needs to get paid and the Village can only raise enough money every other day for him. On odd nights, Spike finds his softer side and works for free and of his own volition. If Spike Attacks he has a 100% success-rate against Defense-less players. There is a 50/50 chance Spike has done his homework though and will maybe find out if his prey is a Villain or a Hero. If he finds out they are a Hero, then he will be inactive that night.

His 2 Defenses are his comrades Jet and Faye, who will die for him if he asks.

His 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

L: (World's Greatest Detective) Figures out a random Villain every odd day. Each night, L can mobilize the world's Police Force to apprehend his suspect. Knowing these people though, there's no way any of them are going down without a fight to the death, unless they have defended themselves. L has a 100% successful kill against a Defense-less player. When I PM L his role I will include a tip from one of L's informants. The informant isn't very reliable though so there is a 50/50 chance that the tip is bogus. It will be up to L to Attack or Defend on the first night. If L is Defended properly any given night, there is a 50/50 chance he has set the perfect trap for his assailant and will Identity them.

L's 2 Defenses are a stealthy retreat to his secret base where he cannot be found and a SS Agent who will die for him.

L's 2 items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Ichigo: (Death God/High School Student) Is pissed Light has a Death Note and wants him dead. The only person Ichigo can kill is Light and will kill him no matter what. If Ichigo goes for someone else there is a 50/50 shot his identity is revealed to them or their identity is revealed to him.

Ichigo's 2 defenses are his comrades Renji and Rukia who will die for him.

Ichigo's 2 Items are 2 Blindfolds (since Light cannot Kill him)

Ed Elric: (Alchemist) Every odd day he formulates a way to effectively counter a random Geass User. If he attacks a GU that he knows how to counter he will kill them no matter what with no harm to himself. Ed has a 50% chance of successfully killing a player he Attacks under any other circumstance.

Ed's 2 Defenses are his Brother Al and his comrade Mustang who will both die for him.

Ed's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Naruto: (Ninja) There is a 50/50 shot he will either kill or befriend a Defenseless person he Attacks. Naruto has a knack for befriending even the cruelest of people sometimes. Either way he learns their identity if they are Defenseless, but he cannot target a Friend again.

Naruto's 2 Defenses are his Sensai Iruka and his Sensai Kakashi who will both die for him.

Naruto's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Kenshin: (Samurai) There is a 50/50 shot he will kill a Defenseless player he Attacks. If he doesn't, he is so ashamed he will not try to harm that person two Nights in a row. Also, due to his keen battle instinct, Kenshin will know how many Villains still remain after each Night.

Kenshin's 2 Defenses are hiding off in the country with his Lover Tomoe and training in the woods so no one can find him.

Kenshin's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

Yuna: (Summoner) There is a 50/50 shot of her killing a Defenseless Player. In true Final Fantasy fashion her experience gets greater each time she Attacks. The second time she Attacks she has a 75% of killing, the third is 100% unless they use a Defense. Also, Yuna can send Alucard back to Hell if she targets him due to her incredible summoning power with other dimensions, breaking right through any of his Defenses.

Yuna's 2 Defenses are Ixion and Bahamut who she will summon so that they can her up in the Heavens for that Night and she will not be able to be found.

Yuna's 2 Items are a Blindfold and a False Name

---

Each Night you can Attack, Attack and use an Item (1), or Defend.

Each Item and Defense can only be used once throughout the Entire Game.

The Day Cycle is an assumed 12 hours whether you have voted or not. Assume the Night Cycle is 12 hours as well, but I will be lenient on these from time to time. Nights can be finished once everyone has pm'd me.

Lynching will be death by the Akatsuki.

On odd Days there are 3 votes. Lynch, Blindfold Lynch, and Spike's Bounty. The Blindfold Lynch cannot be used twice in a row, but it is the only way to lynch a GU. If a GU is tried for a lynch without a blindfold on they will use their Geass to free themselves and kill a random Hero. Simply put, the only way to cleanly kill a GU is a Blindfolded Lynch or Ed Elric if he's prepared. Spike's Bounty will be voted on whether he is alive or not.

On even Days there are only votes for a Lynch and whether or not to use a Blindfold on the Suspect. Spike acts on his own for Odd Nights.

Every player has to send a Night PM every Night, unless you are Spike and have been given a Bounty.

---

Recruiter: Itachi

1) Prince Marth

2) woon

3) Joe's Student

4) Kat

5) Prof. Templeton

6) CL

7) GC

8) dawh

9) Y-San

10) Surge

11) FIF

12) Mekal

Itachi: The First Night of the Battle Royale has begun! Everyone must pm me their actions.

With that Itachi didn't disappear. He calmly turned from the Characters, walked back up the hill, sat next to his partner, Kisame, and began to focus on something again.

As an afterthought, Itachi closed his eyes and addressed the group before they dispersed.

naruto_02_animestocks[com].jpg

Itachi: And do not include any pertinent information when posting as a Ghost. Don't think you're free from my wrath even beyond the grave.

The somewhat shaken group then slowly separated out of sight from each other, each making sure that they had not been followed. No one noticed the Geass Order's clever hand signals to signify where they were going to meet up and discuss this night's events.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo v2.0 is up nd running :D

Edit to ask: what is the image to do with?

Heh, that's just Itachi. Staring you down. Trying to intimidate you into making a silly move tonight. :P;)

But what about the first one? With Chiyo Chan?

Hehe...I think I have a winning Hero strategy...all the villains will be identified by Night 2 at the latest, we can lynch a GU with a blindfold on Day 1 and Alucard/Light on Day 2, then kill off the rest on Night 3...

Okay, so from last game we learned that the Heroes' strength is their number of defenses against the villains, and their weakness is the ability to friendly-fire. So here's the plan:

Night 1: Every odd-numbered person defend, every even-numbered person attack the odd-numbered person above them with a blindfold and a false name.

Night 2: Switch and repeat. Every even-numbered person defend, every odd-numbered person attack the even-numbered person below them (using their items).

For Heroes, defending or using the blind-fold and the false name means that they won't die.

For the Villains: when it is their turn to attack, they will either fail to attack their target or it will be obvious because it says a villain attacked their target. This will tell us who the villains are. Plus when we attack a GU, they will be forced to use their first defense, leaving them defenseless in Night 3, when we can finish them off.

The things the Villains could try to do to counter this:

1) Try to frame someone by going after someone else's target...but it will still be obvious who the real villain is when the player fails to attack their target. Light and Alucard have no way around this.

2) The GO can do two things:

a) Rolo can use his ability to save one of his comrads (or himself), but this means that the first time he is attacked, he will die. (and using "he" for the character's gender, obviously :P)

b) Lelouche can use his definitive order to make a Hero attack his target for him (when it is his turn to attack) and "frame" a hero, but that means he will die when he is attacked (when it is his turn to defend). Of course Rolo could use his ability to protect Lelouche, but then the "framed" hero should come out and we will know that it is between those two. Plus Rolo will die within the first two Nights.

If the GO are lucky enough to all be among the Defenders on the first night, so that we don't know who they are, we should lynch Light or Alucard without a blindfold the first day. Otherwise, we lynch a GO with a blindfold the first day. The maximum number of Heroes that can die within the first two Night/Day cycles is 2 (not counting Alucard's 50% chance), and we should be able to kill off at least two Villains through lynching, one GO and one non-GO, leaving us with clearly idenified: 2GOs (who have already used their first defense) and 1non-GO to finish off on Night 3. Plus, when we lynch the first non-GO, we will know the character identity of the second GO, and have the appropriate Hero (Yuna or Ichigo) finish him (both are "he" characters) off.

Wow...I feel like Dawh with the long posts...;P

Edit: Haha, just read the subtitle...I think I just did...:D

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Oh, one clarification: The GO's won't be "defenseless" on Night 3 but they'll have to use their second defense, which will cause them to "overuse their Geass" and die when we attack on Night 3. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone.

So ppl chime in and let me know you read the plan (and if you have any questions) so that we can act on it. I see JS and Prof.T reading it... ;)

Oh, one clarification: The GO's won't be "defenseless" on Night 3 but they'll have to use their second defense, which will cause them to "overuse their Geass" and die when we attack on Night 3. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone.

So ppl chime in and let me know you read the plan (and if you have any questions) so that we can act on it. I see JS and Prof.T reading it... ;)

Just goin over possibilities.. give me a minute ;)

Seems good :D .. problem is, do we trust Y-San??? :lol: but it seemsa sound plan :)

We all know hoe clever-some she is... food for thought lol

maybe itachi might do something to counter this? probably wouldn't though.

Also the night we're attacking we can only use 1 item so we'd still be invulnerable to one of GO or Light.

Edit: typo's and re-thought lol

Edited by Joe's Student

Seems good.. problem is, do we trust Y-San??? :lol:

We all know hoe clever-some she is... food for thought lol

Also the night we're attacking we can only use 1 item so we'd still be invulnerable to one of GO or Light.

You have a point...Making herself seem good last time and she turned out to be a GU. Let's not be fooled again!

Thanks, and please, do ask questions :)

Oh, and want to add: if Lelouche does use his ability to "frame" someone and Rolo uses his ability to save Lelouche and dies, we'll know that it's between Lelouche and the "framed" person on Night 3. We can attack both. The Hero can simply use his/her second defense. Since Lelouche already used his ability, when we attack him, he will die. ;P

Seems good :D .. problem is, do we trust Y-San??? :lol: but it seemsa sound plan :)

Edit: typo's and re-thought lol

Huh? Where does it say that? And it's not about trusting me, it's about whether you can think the plan will work or not, that's why I explained all of my thinking in detail.

Huh? Where does it say that? And it's not about trusting me, it's about whether you can think the plan will work or not, that's why I explained all of my thinking in detail.

Maybe it didn't but i would like Itachi to clarify because i have a feeling you can't use both items at once..

i think i MITE have asked him last game... i checked my PM's but i'd forgotten i had deleted them.. :huh:

Maybe it didn't but i would like Itachi to clarify because i have a feeling you can't use both items at once..

i think i MITE have asked him last game... i checked my PM's but i'd forgotten i had deleted them.. :huh:

Well, I don't see it in the rules...but if that's the case we should use blindfolds...if Light is among the Defenders, he can't do anything but defend, if he is among the attackers, we can identify him as a Villain and lynch him tomorrow.

Itachi could you clarify if you can use more than one item a night?

Yeah sorry I left that bit out, but it is in the rules from the First Game so it shouldn't be that big of a mystery.

At Night you can Attack, or Attack and use an Item (1). Or you can Defend. (Will add to rules)

The Heroes have 1 Blindfold and 1 False Name each (already is in rules)

Yeah sorry I left that bit out, but it is in the rules from the First Game so it shouldn't be that big of a mystery.

At Night you can Attack, or Attack and use an Item (1). Or you can Defend. (Will add to rules)

The Heroes have 1 Blindfold and 1 False Name each (already is in rules)

Okay, we go with the Blindfolds, then since we need them if we attack a GU. There may be one extra Hero death, but the plan still works.

Edit: There's less than 50% of this, though, since there's a 50% chance of Light being in the attackers and a 4/11 chance that his target is actually a Villain, so there's less than 30% chance of losing the extra Hero...

Edited by Yoruichi-san