BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale

itachi-san

The way I read the GO abilities, it seemed like they had an advantage in that they had a chance to bring their attackers down with them. Plus, they are the mafia faction and can communicate with each other. Plus the fact that only a blind lynch will work seemed like it was very hard to kill them without losing one of the heroes.

I really saw the situation as do or die, so I decided to push the attack since I thought that it was fairly clear who were GUs (I was right. -_- ) I expected that CC would target me with her ability, but like Y-san earlier, I thought I'd take the odds. Guess I didn't get lucky (or did I? :P ) This is a repeat of Speed Mafia for me. I come in, don't do too much, get converted to the winning side and due to the vote imbalance, it's game over, I win (with others of course, but you have to admit you couldn't have done it without me. B)) )

I guess it would have been more interesting if I had targeted CrazyPainter. I thought that Joe's Student was going for her since he had another suspect he wouldn't divulge that wasn't Kat or Y-san.

I was right about both Light and Ichigo dying on the first night, but I got the roles completely reversed... :wacko:

Y-san, the thing that really makes the GO overpowered, as I see it, is CC's ability (and maybe LeLouche's too, :P ) but in a zero sum game, when you take one hero and turn them into a GU, that's a net gain of two for the GO. The heroes lose a member and the GO gain one. Then that one allows for one unblockable attack. With only twelve people to start, that turns 7:3:1:1 to 6:4:1:1 if no one dies and the CC targets a hero. That puts Villains and Heroes on even numbers (and it isn't like that all of those heroes will still be alive anyway :o ) and while the independent Villains aren't going to side with the GO, they aren't inclined to help the innocents either. Among all of the groups, the GO are the most organized and most dangerous (as this game showed.) So I would say that either there needs to be more people, or the powers for the GO need to be tweaked a bit.

Of course, we can agree to disagree, but the final say is up to itachi-san who led an amazing game with some very interesting story posts. I look forward to the next one and I'll have to see what my schedule is before I can commit or not, so it depends on when the next one would start whether I can participate as more than a backup.

Edit: Lots of small posts while I've been writing this big one... :lol:

So here's a long post, courtesy of dawh! B))

Yeah...that's what I thought at first, but I was unpleasantly surprised when Itachi-san clarified the rules for me...basically a Geass user gets to use their ability twice and then they die. This means that if someone attacks us once, we are forced to use our ability once to save ourselves, and then if we use our actual ability, we die...

And the C.C. is not a net gain of 2, since before she uses her ability, she can't be killed, but once she uses her ability, she can be killed, so that makes a loss of 50%, and there is a 50% chance of success, so that makes the total gain -50%+50%=0...actually, considering the 50% chance of giving away her identity if it fails, it actually ends up being a loss...

Basically, the last night was a gamble...50% win or lose, which seems as fair as it can be...;P

Edit: And give some credit to thinking strategically... B))...an organized group is only as "dangerous" as the strategist...

Edit 2: And the Heroes would have won if they took advantage of their defenses more, the Heroes could totally fight a war of attrition against the GO by defending...I think the fact that everyone was basically a Ninja in this game went to ppl's heads and made them all kill-hungry instead of thinking strategically...for example, even if we were lucky, if Frozen had defended instead of trying to kill Kat (which was pointless anyways, since, as you said, she would be up for the lynch the next day) we wouldn't have had a majority and it would have gone to tie-breaker...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tables turned every Night actually so I feel it was pretty balanced. I think the rules need a bit of tweaking and will post some modifications I made, but overall I don't think the GO had an advantage. Their Defenses are much weaker than everyone else and they only have a 50% of taking someone with them if it comes down to it.

Just pointing out a couple of random things:

1) the Items and Defenses were not used enough at all.

2) Bb had everything nailed shut as Spike and then was killed by a Hero (ahem, Joe's Student) so if Bb was not attacked without any proof by a Hero we might have seen a much different outcome. So, I'm not tempted to say the GO had an advantage at all. In addition, L could have attacked with a Blindfold in the Last Night and things would have kept going. I'm not pointing fingers, just helping with strategy for everyone in the next game. I would have suggested L to just Defend last Night since the Blindfold Lynch was coming. L never Defended which would have helped the Heroes.

3) I don't think people really noticed (I didn't make it clear enough and will in the 2nd game) that Spike, L and Ed had 100% efficiency against defense-less players because they are discovery roles. Since Ed is not much of a discovery role, I'm going to lower his efficiency to 50%. then maybe Spike would have lived. But I like Spike and L having 100% if their victim is defense-less and I like Yuna's increasing experience. Also, I think I'll make it so that Ed can only kill GUs, similar to the Ichigo character. - on second thought I'd rather Ed could kill anyone just with a 50% chance success of Attack.

4) Kenshin could use some more power, so I'm going to make him similar to the Sage. Due to his battle instincts, he knows how many Villains are still alive after each Night.

5) With Light, again this was my fault for not explaining it properly, but it was obvious moot because it was GC, but he doesn't have to kill all those people himself. Light wins if L, Alucard and the GO die.

6) Blindfolds do not save someone from a Geass Ability.

7) The GO each gets one False Name

8) Blindfolds do not save someone if the GU overuses their Geass and kills themselves. There's still a 50% the attacker of the GU will die. I'll have to come up with a more poetic way of describing that like: the GU's head explodes and sends a shockwave of power at the attacker, hence the Blindfold isn't enough to stop it.

9) So basically the Blindfold will save someone from being attacked by a GU and save someone from attacking a GU who has yet to use their power.

10) One strategy tip, which I'm guessing CL and many others picked up on is the Defenses in the Night Post. Either someone is missing or someone will take the bullet for them. This is a big clue in case anyone missed that. I screwed up with Kat though and made it too obvious that she was Rolo. Sorry about that, but you all won anyway.

I don't mean to diminish the GO at all though. They really housed everyone this game. Well done girls! I knew that was going to be a dangerous combo when I randomly picked those 3.

I'll post an easy-to-read version of these new rules and maybe some others tomorrow. In the meantime please sign-up here or pm me and I'll add you to my sig. Also, please contribute any rule changes you would like to see.

Yeah...that's what I thought at first, but I was unpleasantly surprised when Itachi-san clarified the rules for me...basically a Geass user gets to use their ability twice and then they die. This means that if someone attacks us once, we are forced to use our ability once to save ourselves, and then if we use our actual ability, we die...

And the C.C. is not a net gain of 2, since before she uses her ability, she can't be killed, but once she uses her ability, she can be killed, so that makes a loss of 50%, and there is a 50% chance of success, so that makes the total gain -50%+50%=0...actually, considering the 50% chance of giving away her identity if it fails, it actually ends up being a loss...

Basically, the last night was a gamble...50% win or lose, which seems as fair as it can be...;P

Edit: And give some credit to thinking strategically... B))...an organized group is only as "dangerous" as the strategist...

Edit 2: And the Heroes would have won if they took advantage of their defenses more, the Heroes could totally fight a war of attrition against the GO by defending...I think the fact that everyone was basically a Ninja in this game went to ppl's heads and made them all kill-hungry instead of thinking strategically...for example, even if we were lucky, if Frozen had defended instead of trying to kill Kat (which was pointless anyways, since, as you said, she would be up for the lynch the next day) we wouldn't have had a majority and it would have gone to tie-breaker...

Emphasizing that we won because we thought about our moves strategically whereas the Heroes just went after each other blood-thirstily...killing each other off at Night...if they had defended until they were more sure of things instead of killing each other, there would have been nothing we could have done...

...you have no idea how much time I spent making the decision the last Night...it drove me (and consequently, Itachi-san, who was waiting ;)) CRAZY...

...plus the way Itachi-san writes the Night Posts to describe ppl's defenses and what not also puts us at a disadvantage...if we are attacked, it makes it obvious that we are GO (like the Night 2 post)...

Of course, I love Itachi-san's posts, as any Anime fan would ;).

Edit: Lol...AGAIN I-san posted while I was posting...agree with everything he said...:D

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Emphasizing that we won because we thought about our moves strategically whereas the Heroes just went after each other blood-thirstily...killing each other off at Night...if they had defended until they were more sure of things instead of killing each other, there would have been nothing we could have done...

...you have no idea how much time I spent making the decision the last Night...it drove me (and consequently, Itachi-san, who was waiting ;)) CRAZY...

...plus the way Itachi-san writes the Night Posts to describe ppl's defenses and what not also puts us at a disadvantage...if we are attacked, it makes it obvious that we are GO (like the Night 2 post)...

Edit: Lol...AGAIN I-san posted while I was posting...agree with everything he said...:D

Thanks! I'll definitely have to make it less obvious in the Night Posts when GU's are involved. What did you think of L and Kenshin finding Kat's body? Was that a fair way of writing that she used her 2nd Night Geass and killed herself?

I was definitely going to mention that Kenshin needed some tweeking...Since I only had a 50/50 shot of killing a defenseless player and I couldn't target the person again if unsuccessful...It made it a little harder for me.

Edit: Spelling/Grammar

Edited by Prince_Marth85

That's why I defended the second night...I wanted to see how night 2 was going to go and try to get some more insight into possible character roles.

I was definitely going to mention that Kenshin needed some tweeking...Since I only had a 50/50 shot of killing a defenseless player and I couldn't target the person againiif unsuccessful...It made it a little harder for me.

Is knowing how many Villains are alive enough? Now that I think about it, I may add that Kenshin can't attack the same person 2 Nights in a row as opposed to never again.

Thanks! I'll definitely have to make it less obvious in the Night Posts when GU's are involved. What did you think of L and Kenshin finding Kat's body? Was that a fair way of writing that she used her 2nd Night Geass and killed herself?

Ok...I think I must have misinterpreted the Geass ability...So they can only use their Geass 1 time per night and if they are forced to use it again they die or only once every other day, or once for the whole game or what...The Geass abilities really confused me the most.

It was great, thanks ;)...

Ok...I think I must have misinterpreted the Geass ability...So they can only use their Geass 1 time per night and if they are forced to use it again they die or only once every other day, or once for the whole game or what...The Geass abilities really confused me the most.

Yeah, we get to use our Geass once for the actual ability and once to "turn the tables" on the attacker when we are attacked, and have a 50% chance of killing them...so basically we give up 50% of our life for a 50% chance to kill...which is a pretty even trade...:P

Don't worry...they confused me too...;P

Edit: Basically when Kat used her ability to save me, she killed herself...it only worked to our advantage because we were both attacked that Night...which I figured would probably happen due to Dawh's egging on of the Heroes, and everyone's "this will be an interesting night" comments...that's STRATEGY for ya...;P

Hehehehehe...I still can't get over how truly Lelouch-like that last move was...ordering Rolo to sacrifice himself for me...:D

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Yeah, the GO did not win by playing, the GO won plain and simply b/c JS wanted to feel like a big guy and take me out :P

The night I went after Ysan I learned her identity, and because I independently chose to wear a blindfold I also got to learn the identity of CP. On top of that I instantly realized Kat was the last GO from the night post hint, and had Mekal as a 50/50 shot of being Alucard/Naruto (so when Dawh came out it was obvious).

Then JS killed me before I could share the info, and blew the game for the Heros. It's ok JS, just remember you screwed all the heros, not just me. B))

Good game! Maybe next time the Good Guys will realize that this game is setup so the heros can easily kill heros, and the heros easily die trying to kill the villians. So it's best to protect yourself until you are sure who's a villain, and which villain in particular they are.

Otherwise you'll just take out your friends. ;)

GREAT GAME ITACHI! The stories were great and it was fun while it lasted, and I loved my character! Not sure about playing ABR2. I have alot of stuff to do at school now, though maybe #3?

Edited by Brandonb

Oh my gosh! Its over! Well at least the GO won ^_^ Even if I had to die for that, but seriously, it was bit gory <_< Not a pretty anime picture...GO GEASS ORDER! Great job girls, we won! Or at least you guys did :rolleyes: I had so much fun, I'll definately join the next one. Sign me up ^_^ Good job innocents, you did well anyway...

~Rolo

Edit: Wrote sigh me up :P

Edited by Kathleen

Oh my gosh! Its over! Well at least the GO won ^_^ Even if I had to die for that, but seriously, it was bit gory <_< Not a pretty anime picture...GO GEASS ORDER! Great job girls, we won! Or at least you guys did :rolleyes: I had so much fun, I'll definately join the next one. Sign me up ^_^ Good job innocents, you did well anyway...

~Rolo

Edit: Wrote sigh me up :P

L and I were both after you last night. But L got to you first and I came in to find your head exploded o_o;;;

That was fun to watch! I hope I can play in ABR2.

I was right about both Light and Ichigo dying on the first night, but I got the roles completely reversed... :wacko:

dawh, I couldn't believe it when I saw you had my role confused with GC's. Not that it mattered since we were both dead, but there was actually a way to tell who had which role. I had GC all wrong until you came out with Mekal as Alucard, then things fell neatly into place. Except Bb - I was under the impression that Ed could only kill GUs - the rules could be clearer there, though I see Itachi is making changes to that role anyway.

I felt better about dying the first night when I learned my only target was also dead. The only thing I could have done after that was get information, sort of. But I do think L was a little hasty in taking me out! And Itachi, Kat's method of escape was only part of what gave away her GU-ness. I got it mainly because L learns a villain's name on the first day, so the second night that will be his target (if said villain is still living).

I still don't understand how Kat was able to use her ability twice - I didn't see that in the rules anywhere.

Well played, everyone! See you in ABR2.

Great effort and a super creation Itachi. :D

I make a move for bringing in a rule where all the GO's cannot be girls. :P You girls knew that I didn't even know my role, me being inactive and all and killed me off. That was mean of you 3, pretty nasty. Just kidding! :P You used good logic there, you knew I would not have put any defense and hence an easy kill.

Actually I hadn't logged in for just about 20 hrs. or so and the intro post was up and the night was over.

Itachi, just a friendly suggestion. Maybe the first night can be delayed for 24 hrs. after the intro post due to the different time zones. I would have loved to play the game, but I equally enjoyed it just by reading the posts. So my guess is I would have felt awesome super-duper if I had actually played.

And yes! I am not going to miss the next one. :P

I think we have been unfair on LIS. I didn't think LIS was bullying or something. He was just making strong suggestions and it's all upto us to take the suggestion or leave it out. It was just his style of playing this game. When he was the Bomb or the defender he didn't play like this. And I am strongly in favor of keeping what happens in the game, strictly inside the game. It's not as if he was attacking us personally, he was just attacking us for the roles he thought we were.

I didn't want to bring this up at the end of such a successful finish, but this has to be addressed at one point or other. :)

Yeah, the GO did not win by playing, the GO won plain and simply b/c JS wanted to feel like a big guy and take me out :P

The night I went after Ysan I learned her identity, and because I independently chose to wear a blindfold I also got to learn the identity of CP. On top of that I instantly realized Kat was the last GO from the night post hint, and had Mekal as a 50/50 shot of being Alucard/Naruto (so when Dawh came out it was obvious).

Then JS killed me before I could share the info, and blew the game for the Heros. It's ok JS, just remember you screwed all the heros, not just me. B))

Good game! Maybe next time the Good Guys will realize that this game is setup so the heros can easily kill heros, and the heros easily die trying to kill the villians. So it's best to protect yourself until you are sure who's a villain, and which villain in particular they are.

Otherwise you'll just take out your friends. ;)

GREAT GAME ITACHI! The stories were great and it was fun while it lasted, and I loved my character! Not sure about playing ABR2. I have alot of stuff to do at school now, though maybe #3?

Haha...yeah, I guess that was nice :P...okay, I forgive JS for the paranoia now...;)

But technically, we WON because we made the strategically correct decision the last night on how to use our Geasses, by having CP convert Dawh and having Kat kill herself to save me...;P...so we won because we strategically played up our strengths (choosing to gamble for the CC conversion at the right time) and minimized our weaknesses (like Kat having to die in order to use her Geass), while the Heroes didn't exploit their defense strength and fell to their weakness of easily killing eachother...;P

L and I were both after you last night. But L got to you first and I came in to find your head exploded o_o;;;

No, Kat died because she used her Geass to save me. It had nothing to do with either of you attacking her. If neither of you had attacked her, she would still have died. Which is why I said it only worked in our favor because we were both attacked that night: that was the only way we got a net gain out of it ;P.

That was fun to watch! I hope I can play in ABR2.

dawh, I couldn't believe it when I saw you had my role confused with GC's. Not that it mattered since we were both dead, but there was actually a way to tell who had which role. I had GC all wrong until you came out with Mekal as Alucard, then things fell neatly into place. Except Bb - I was under the impression that Ed could only kill GUs - the rules could be clearer there, though I see Itachi is making changes to that role anyway.

I felt better about dying the first night when I learned my only target was also dead. The only thing I could have done after that was get information, sort of. But I do think L was a little hasty in taking me out! And Itachi, Kat's method of escape was only part of what gave away her GU-ness. I got it mainly because L learns a villain's name on the first day, so the second night that will be his target (if said villain is still living).

I still don't understand how Kat was able to use her ability twice - I didn't see that in the rules anywhere.

Well played, everyone! See you in ABR2.

Kat didn't use her Geass ability twice. She used it once to save me (which killed her), but before she used it, she was attacked, and used her "effective Geass" to save herself, but it wasn't her ability, it follows under the rules of what happens "if attacked before using their Geass ability". We get one "effective Geass" use and one Geass ability use, the second of which kills us.

And I knew GC was actually Light since Light had been inactive...I said as much in one of my first posts...;P

I was aware LIS was playing the game...

We all were.

But what else am I to do? Just sit back and die?

Nope. No thank you! Great job G3!

I think my fav play was back in mafiaV? when Itatchi

went completely of the handle over a rule change. HA!

Well played by all.

Like my avatar? ^_^

Edited by crazypainter

I was aware LIS was playing the game...

We all were.

But what else am I to do? Just sit back and die?

Nope. No thank you! Great job G3!

I think my fav play was back in mafiaV? when Itatchi

went completely of the handle over a rule change. HA!

Well played by all.

Like my avatar? ^_^

Aha! The ultimate confession. GC has done it again. He has pulled off the almost-next-to-impossible thing in the den . :P So you were just playing the game, counter-attacking LIS, called LIS a bully. You are one gutsy girl. And it took 3 gutsy girls to snatch victory. :lol:

All you are Avatars are cool, as it should be for an artist. And if I remember right it was you who loved the handsome avatar of PrinceM. :D

Yeah, we get to use our Geass once for the actual ability and once to "turn the tables" on the attacker when we are attacked, and have a 50% chance of killing them...so basically we give up 50% of our life for a 50% chance to kill...which is a pretty even trade...:P

Don't worry...they confused me too...;P

Edit: Basically when Kat used her ability to save me, she killed herself...it only worked to our advantage because we were both attacked that Night...which I figured would probably happen due to Dawh's egging on of the Heroes, and everyone's "this will be an interesting night" comments...that's STRATEGY for ya...;P

Hehehehehe...I still can't get over how truly Lelouch-like that last move was...ordering Rolo to sacrifice himself for me...:D

Ok...Let me see if I get this straight...You each have the ability to use your Geass once per night and if you're forced under any circumstances to use your Geass more than once on any given night, the GU dies and has a 50/50 shot of taking the person who forced the second use out with them? Or am I still missing it?? :huh:

Ok...Let me see if I get this straight...You each have the ability to use your Geass once per night and if you're forced under any circumstances to use your Geass more than once on any given night, the GU dies and has a 50/50 shot of taking the person who forced the second use out with them? Or am I still missing it?? :huh:

basically. it will be clear in the new rules for ABR 2

edit: well, no matter what they can only use their Geass 2 times at Night throughout the Game, unless they are attacking someone.