BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Welcome to the War Room,

If you are unsure of the rules please read them in the sign up thread

The Map:

The map starts Spring 1970,

The coloured sections are starting provinces, and the black dots are Supply Centres. Remember your goal is it have captured and hold 18 supply centres, at the end of a year ( at the end of Fall turn)

Here is the map with full names, for use when placing orders

names.jpg

A few notes:

Switerland is out of bounds, no passing through this country.

All the islands which are grey and other places ( including water provinces ) with no name are also out of bounds.

The island off the cost of Denmark with a Supply Centre is a part of Denmark, and can be access without using a Fleet

Players

======

Because only 6 people signed up, Italy is a NPC ( Non Playable Character) and will just sit there and hold for all their moves. Other rules Units=Supply Centre and Retreat rules still apply. If there is a choice for retreat I will roll a dice for it.

Austria ( red ) - Slick

England ( dark blue ) - GC

France ( light blue )- Surge

Germany ( grey )- blade

Russia ( White ) - Frozen

Turkey ( Yellow ) - peace*out

Italy ( Green ) - Inactive

Too all whom are involved I wish the best of luck! If you need any help at any time dont be afraid to post here or PM me.

Turn 1

====

My next post will be for Spring 1970 ( Alliance/Movement phase)

• Answers 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Spring 1870 ( Alliance/Movement Phase )

========

Players

=====

Austria ( red ) - Slick

England ( dark blue ) - GC

France ( light blue )- Surge

Germany ( grey )- blade

Russia ( White ) - Frozen

Turkey ( Yellow ) - peace*out

Italy ( Green ) - Inactive/Taliesin (unless someone wants to join in now)

Map

===

This is the current map ( not alot )

game-S1870M.jpg

Actions

=====

What I expect from you this phase, is a PM each with a list of Moves for all Armies/Fleets.

PM Me your moves when you are ready, I expect that 48hours should be more than enough time, The Game Will move on when I have recieved all PM's. Or an excessive amount of time has passed, where The missing players order will default to hold.

Tips for Alliance Phase

===============

The Alliance Phase is the key to any game of Diplomacy. You need to create Alliances with other Players to make progress in takeing over Europe. However you must break alliances to be able to win the game.

You can make alliances at any time, however you want. You can use this Thread, Email, PM, talk on the phone etc. However I expect the player to keep active in this Thread.

Take you time, plan your deals carefully.

Who do you need an alliance with, when to break them, when to tell the truth and when to lie, you can also pass on information behind your "allies" back to a new partner, all to gain the key province to your win.

That is about all that can be said about this phase, just remember you are at war, and EVERYONE is your enemy. Alliances only last so long.

Movement Phase

============

What can move:

Every Unit ( Fleets, and Armies) get one move per turn, It can either be a Hold, Move, Support, or Convoy ( Fleets Only).

Movements can only move to provinces which border the province they are on, with the exception of a Convoy ( where you armies jump into a Fleet and get Convoyed to another province). Fleets can land at a coastal province, however when docked on a coast, cant Convoy.

For more information visit the Sign Up Thread, or look at the attacked links also on the Signup Thread.

Pm'ing Orders

==========

I will write an example of Order for you unit. Pretending I am Itality.

Looking at the current map, I can see I control Venice ( ven) , Rome ( rom) , and Naples (nap). And each of these provinces I have a Amy on.

My first more will be Venice to hold position, and defend my supply centre in case Austrian Army at Trieste (tri) decides to attack and take my supply centre.

so my order would be:

Army at Venice Hold Position

or in short form

A Ven H

My next move would be for my Army at Naples ( nap) to move to ( attack) Apulia (apu). This way I get a new province and next turn can attack Albania (alb) in a aim to take over Austria from the side ;)

so my order would be

Fleet at Naples Move to Albania

or in short form

F Nap -> Alb

My third Unit is going to support my army which is moving into Apulia ( apu ). This move in pointless since there is no opponent army in Apulia, and no one else can attack it. But it is good at demistrating the Support order.

So I want my army at Rome ( rom) to support the Army which is currently in Naples (nap ) and moving into Apulia ( apu).

so my order would be:

Army at Rome Support Fleet in Naples moving to Apulia.

or in a shorter form

A Rom S F Nap -> Apu

Remember to support a moving army you must be able to reach the destination from your current location, and you must write BOTH the origon and Destination of the Army to be supported..

So the PM I write to myself would be

Army at Venice Hold Position

Army at Naples Move to Albania

Army at Rome Support Army in Naples moving to Apulia.

.. I have now decided that support is a silly move because the reasons stated above, so have now decided to support my defending army in Venice ( ven) [ this is also pointless since it only can be attacked from Trieste (tri) by one unit. And where it is a 1 vs 1, the defender always wins; but it has purpose in showing you how to support a defender]

So I want him to Support Venice (ven ) instead, so my order would be

Army at Rome Support the Army at Venice

or in short

A Rom S A Ven

I will just send that PM to myself and it will overwite a previous order for Rome.

Things to remember

=============

Defenders always win 1 vs 1 so you need to team up with others.

If a order cant be completed your unit will hold.

You can only have 1 unit on any province

You cant attack/moce onto one of your own province.

1 order failing can cause many to fail.

Supporting Moving Units will only support units moving as specified in your support order ( can be opponents armies).

If you army is defeated and cant retreat it will vanash from the game until the end of the year, leave space to retreat.

If you want help with convoys or any other aspect of the game, feel free to PM me or to post it on this thread.

I think that is enough information to get you started,

Good Luck all

Also be careful the difference between the Fleet and Army Icon. I got mess uped when writing the Moving Tutorial. Ill see if I cant change it to something more definable..

Once again Good Luck

And for now, I suggest you start making Alliances/Stragities and PM when you are done so we can move on!

it has started, and I'm slightly less confused than I was before. At least, now I know all about attacking and everything. I will send my PMs shortly.

No hutty, you need time to planstrageties, make allies plan attacks etc. Maybe not so much on this first turn but after from next turn onwards it will be quite importage to get on the right side of the right people.

The war has begun. Let's fight for European supremacy with world peace in mind. Atleast England will fight a peaceful war. :P And one other thing, England never breaks her promise. Trust England, England shall shower you with her unwavering faith. :D

Now all you need is for people to beleive you :P

Tal, can one country have alliances with more than one other country? :D

No you can Ally as much as you want, but just remember you win as indivuals and at some stage all alliances will have to be broken. But when, If you leave it too late, you will be done over, but if you do it too soon you will lose support of the other countries..

OK, I shan't go for polygamy. :P

Do what ever suits you.. You are at war remember!

By they way does anyone want to Ally with italy ;) I cant do anything but "Hold" .. but I can make great pizza for your troops

I suppose we are not able to win without allies. Is this so?

When can I start bombing?

Well you only have 3 or 4 untis. with alliances it is hard to both mount a descent defense and a attack at the same time. Thats where allies come in work together for a comon goal.

Fleets

====

A fleet when docked at a costal province follow simular rules as armies. It can move to an adjacent coastal province, or back out into the ocean.

When it is in the ocean it can dock at any coatal province bordering the ocean, or move to an adjacent province.

Some provinces which are adjacent two oceans, have 2 coast lines, and movement will be restricted to simulate than. A fleet entering these provinces remain on the coast adjacent to the ocean they entered from.

Convoy

=====

To convoy you fleet must be not docked. They convoy order can then be given to transfur Armies from one coastal province to another as long as both are reachable by the fleet.

If you have two or more fleets you can have them all convoy an army. This increases the number of possible destination. To do this you must have one fleet in each water province you want to move through to get the armies to your destination.

Support can NOT be convoyed.

Another fleet moving into the province in which a convoy is going through causes the convoy to fail, as the ship defends itself instead.

Any convoyed attacks which fail, the Army returns to its origional province

Hope this clears things up a little! :D

No I will make allies with someone else but who? Italy? Extra garlic and ground beef and green pepper on mine.

Itally is just going to sit around and how the war doesn't come to them. I could play as them so we would have a full 7 players, but that would give me an unfair advantage knowning your moves. Unless I promised not to look at them..

How about just getting 1 more player. Can't be that difficult. TC would join if he was around. Guess he is still barred.

Well if you can find some they are welcome to join. I have only had 2 PM's so far, both of which are revising their moves ( a few moves cant be made etc). SO by the looks of it it could turn out to be quite a long game.

I havent heard anything from

blade

Frozen

Surge

yet

Well if you can find some they are welcome to join. I have only had 2 PM's so far, both of which are revising their moves ( a few moves cant be made etc). SO by the looks of it it could turn out to be quite a long game.

I havent heard anything from

blade

Frozen

Surge

yet

If you want, I can advertise and maybe fill those spots. Inactive only upsets others. If they don't care then we can update the sign up thread and replace them ASAP. GC and I have been waiting a bit long as it is. If you want to be confidential then you may PM me. :rolleyes: