BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Speed Mafia

Brandonb

[quote name='Frost' date='Sep 4 2008, 04:18 PM' post='69594'

Hopefully this won't take up too much of my time. :P

Also, please can we keep posting to a minimum, even if it is relevant? I really don't have a ton of time, and it will only be worse with tons to read through. Thankfully there are only 12 players! B))

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Frost' date='Sep 4 2008, 04:18 PM' post='69594'

Hopefully this won't take up too much of my time. :P

Also, please can we keep posting to a minimum, even if it is relevant? I really don't have a ton of time, and it will only be worse with tons to read through. Thankfully there are only 12 players! B))

Yes please not too much nonsense posting, it takes forever to read and wheny ou are short on time it gets frustrating. :)

Do you all realize how ironic these posts about not posting are? And yes I know mine falls into the same category, but I just couldn't resist. Please no more posts about how great it would be if we didn't post unnecessarily.

hey, hey, hey, I'm going to sleep in about one and a half hours! I suppose that Speed Mafia should only be played with people in the same time zones. If this in inconvenient, feel free to kick me out.

hey, hey, hey, I'm going to sleep in about one and a half hours! I suppose that Speed Mafia should only be played with people in the same time zones. If this in inconvenient, feel free to kick me out.

No, its only 5:45 pst here. I think it can be worked out. Besides, may as well give it a chance.

I would like the experience. This will be the 3rd type of day/night playing.

UnReality style, Ysan style, and Brandonb style.

It will give usa chance to compare and contrast.

Edited by crazypainter

OK, I think that does it!

I have sent out 11 PMs hehe.

The only person who did not receive a PM is Kat. I'm sure you all know why since you are all experienced at this game.

By random draw, Kat has the role of Mayor. So as a confirmed innocent she really doesn't need a PM.

:P

Edit: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! (35mins early :P )

The night starts now! Start sending me your stuff (and don't forget to CC it to Ysan).

Edited by Brandonb

OK, I think that does it!

I have sent out 11 PMs hehe.

The only person who did not receive a PM is Kat. I'm sure you all know why since you are all experienced at this game.

By random draw, Kat has the role of Mayor. So as a confirmed innocent she really doesn't need a PM.

:P

Edit: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! (35mins early :P )

Oh phew, I was worried you forgot me ^_^ Lets go INNOCENTS! :D

What is PM monitoring?

edit:

PS BenLaw, You played a great game last time. Too bad I had to kill you!

CP - towards the end I was outnumbered :P and so it was easy since the unknowns where few, and almost everyone was telling the truth :(

Thanks for putting an end to my misery. You played a great game too.

Bb and Kat: how exactly does Kat's role work? As mayor, and a confirmed innocent, I would expect her to be trying to organize the innocents' night activities: suggesting who to save, who to spy on, etc., based on the day's discussion. But the voting part gets complicated: She can participate in the discussion but can't tell us who she's voting for? Does that limit her participation during the day? Just how evasive does she need to be?

Yeah, I have to agree with CL, it will be harder, but am I allowed to say I'll vote for who I think should be? As in, do I have to say the name to be killed? Can I go...I think I'll vote for the obvious person to be lynched...or something? Example...lets say I wanted to vote for...Unreality (who I know isn't in the game, thats why I'm using him as an example). If the majority says they want to vote for him, can I say something like: I'll vote for something and that vote will probably get rid of them. Or is that too much? What about...the person I'll vote for will probably see it coming. That would probably hint people, but not give it away. Oh and I'll try my hardest to be on as much as possible, but remember I have school.

~Kat

Edit: WAY more clairty

Edited by Kathleen

Any comments ??? Players lying low will be high on my suspect list B))

Except me ^_^ I'll check tomorrow morning, but for now, I have to go to bed (have to be in early tomorrow). It's NIGHT...hope I don't die early <_< As your mayor, I wish you all to survive the night (which is impossible I think)

~Kat

Bb and Kat: how exactly does Kat's role work? As mayor, and a confirmed innocent, I would expect her to be trying to organize the innocents' night activities: suggesting who to save, who to spy on, etc., based on the day's discussion. But the voting part gets complicated: She can participate in the discussion but can't tell us who she's voting for? Does that limit her participation during the day? Just how evasive does she need to be?

Very good question, I forgot to specify what I meant in the rules. Kat's vote must be PMed to me instead of being posted in the forum. However, Kat can participate in all discussions for organizing everything. She could even go as far as to provide proof against someone looking guilty, make accusations, and all that stuff. So she can participate just as a normal discussion goes. But she may not say who her vote is for directly or indirectly.

Edited by Brandonb

Well I an happy to get this game going. But now it is night so I dont think there is much to do until the night post is available.

Even then we are still hit with the same issue of who to lynch first. I am wondering if there will be anything to go off of in that night post or will it be just info/dry?

Good luck everyone! :lol:

Very good question, I forgot to specify what I meant in the rules. Kat's vote must be PMed to me instead of being posted in the forum. However, Kat can participate in all discussions for organizing everything. She could even go as far as to provide proof against someone looking guilty, make accusations, and all that stuff. So she can participate just as a normal discussion goes. But she may not say who her vote is for directly or indirectly.

OK, I'll start. I think Brandon is a baddie and here is a list of reasons why:

1) he's being too suspicious about the Mayor's role

2) .... aw I can't do this in this game... just when I started building a case against him too... :P

2) .... aw I can't do this in this game... just when I started building a case against him too... :P

Wasn't Bb the host?

This game sounds so exciting! I can't wait to see it gets started soon! :lol:

HAHA...I guess he figured out the one and only way to avoid the curse of his shifty eyes...;P

So the first night! :D I guess I can ask for protection but whenever I have asked for protection I have been killed off. So I am not asking. Anyway, there's only the doctor and the Janitor, if he gets to save and agrees to it.

So Kat's Mayor. That leaves out 7 innocents and 4 baddies. So, the saving role/s have to choose carefully. ;)

HAHA...I guess he figured out the one and only way to avoid the curse of his shifty eyes...;P

Brandon, I think you should take another photo of your eyes for your avatar. This time have them closed!

And so this isnt a junk post...

Can sombody explain to me the reason why the Mayor is outed automatically?

It just seems like they are an easy target for the baddies. Sorry to point that out Kat

but I think the baddies wont find that as new info! ;)

CP the mayor can be 'used/played' by baddies just as in real life lies and deceit will get the Mayor on their side if they actually believe or trust the persons statements - it needs a little diplomacy to keep your head so to speak - that's why Kat is the Mayor! Besides who is gonna off the cutiest avatar in BD. Go Kat go!

Can sombody explain to me the reason why the Mayor is outed automatically?

It just seems like they are an easy target for the baddies. Sorry to point that out Kat

but I think the baddies wont find that as new info! ;)

CP the mayor can be 'used/played' by baddies just as in real life lies and deceit will get the Mayor on their side if they actually believe or trust the persons statements - it needs a little diplomacy to keep your head so to speak - that's why Kat is the Mayor! Besides who is gonna off the cutiest avatar in BD. Go Kat go!

What LIS said...Also, the baddies want to get rid of the biggest threats first. Information, killing, and saving roles are targets early. I think they would save the mayor for last. Or at least until there are few enough players left that a double lynch vote has a real impact. Remember, the mafia know that (with one exception), everyone who is not them is an innocent.

Go Kat go!

:D

Anyway...this is more like the original mafia, with a couple more roles. I have to admit it will probably be harder, but hey, we can deal :rolleyes: So I know pming starts at 10, but when do we get the night...info sheet? I have to go to school, I'll be back by like 3:30 EST...I'll make some statements then (if there's anything to say at that point, it IS the first night/day.)

~ Mayor Kat

1st night post

Rather than trying to take out any other role that would be dangerous to them... the Mafia went with the sure thing.

Host: Brandonb & Y-san

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

5) GC

6) Joe's Student

7) Ben Law

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

11) Kat - DEAD [Mayor] (Killed by Mafia)

12) Frost

OK! It's day time!

Voting ends in 12hrs!

Edited by Brandonb