BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Speed Mafia

Brandonb

*This game is brought to you by me, and by Y-San

Special thanks to Unreality for starting the hit game.

I'm not expecting it to last much further beyond Sunday night/Monday morning (if there are 12 people that sign up). So this game thread will also be the signup.

The rules will are:

*US time zones HIGHLY recommended. Days are real - 12hrs long 10am-10pm EST, and nights are the opposite.

*People will not be booted for inactivity, however, lynchers will be STRONGLY advised to vote against the people who are not online and cannot defend themselves.

*There will be 8 or 12 players with a 1:3 ratio of Maf to others, and no bomb or inspector.

*There will not be lengthy cool night/day posts like other mafia games. Just a rather straight-forward explanation of what happened. If I am not online to make the post at the appropriate time, proceed with the game as if the post had been made (ie, begin to send out PMs at 10pm). I will make the post as soon as I am able.

*ONLY PREVIOUSLY EXPERIENCED MAFIA PLAYERS SIGNUP PLEASE

*ONLY Mafia have BTSC

*All other rules (not roles): See Mafia VI. Except BTSC rules

The game will be played with...

Roles (IF 8 people):

*Mafia Assassin

-Abilities: Kills whoever tries to save him/her

-Objective: Mafia Majority

*Mafia Thief

-Abilities: steals or frames any night but not two in a row, and no one is informed during the night post

*Grim Reaper (GR)

-Abilities: Immune on Odd nights; Kills on even nights

-Objective: Tries to kill the Ninja; Becomes a Mafioso if the Mafia kill the Ninja

*Ninja

-Abilities: Cannot be lynched; No defender; Receives the name of a random living innocent on every odd night

-Objective: Kills on even nights; hunt baddies while not being discovered; Innocent Win

*Spy

-Abilities: PM to get role of any person, every day.

-Objective: Innocent Win

*Doctor

-Abilities: Every night, anyone but never the same twice in a row

*Janitor

-Abilities: Chooses one person, a Die will be rolled with a 1/3 chance of having the ability to Spy, Kill, or Save each night. May decline to use the ability.

*Sage

-Abilities: Each morning, gets to know what roles were killed. If killed, the Sage squeals the name of the Ninja or Spy. 50% for either

***********If 12 people we will add:

*Mafia Bodyguard

-Abilities: Cannot be saved at night, and cannot be lynched on even days

*Police Officer

-Abilities: Rules following the Wraith in M4F14

*Grave Robber

-Abilities: Only once, may assume the role of any deceased person for the rest of the game. This includes all baddies.

-Objective: Whatever role is assumed.

*Mayor

-Abilities: Confirmed innocent, secret vote counts as 2. Automatically dies if s/he leaks who the vote is for, whether or not it is true

Get it? Sweet, lets get on with the show! Game starts in 10 hours! (Thursday 10PM EST)

Edited by Brandonb

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*This game is brought to you by me, and by Y-San

Special thanks to Unreality for starting the hit game.

I'm not expecting it to last much further beyond Sunday night/Monday morning (if there are 12 people that sign up). So this game thread will also be the signup.

The rules will are:

*US time zones HIGHLY recommended. Days are real - 12hrs long 10am-10pm EST, and nights are the opposite.

*People will not be booted for inactivity, however, lynchers will be STRONGLY advised to vote against the people who are not online and cannot defend themselves.

*There will be 8 or 12 players with a 1:3 ratio of Maf to others, and no bomb or inspector.

*There will not be lengthy cool night/day posts like other mafia games. Just a rather straight-forward explanation of what happened. If I am not online to make the post at the appropriate time, proceed with the game as if the post had been made (ie, begin to send out PMs at 10pm). I will make the post as soon as I am able.

*ONLY PREVIOUSLY EXPERIENCED MAFIA PLAYERS SIGNUP PLEASE

*ONLY Mafia have BTSC

*All other rules (not roles): See Mafia VI. Except BTSC rules

The game will be played with...

Roles (IF 8 people):

*Mafia Assassin

-Abilities: Kills whoever tries to save him/her

*Mafia Thief

-Abilities: steals or frames any night but not two in a row, and no one is informed during the night post

*Grim Reaper (GR)

-Abilities: Immune on Odd nights; Kills on even nights

-Objective: Tries to kill the Ninja; Becomes a Mafioso if the Mafia kill the Ninja

*Ninja

-Abilities: Cannot be lynched; No defender; Receives the name of a random living innocent on every odd night

-Objective: Kills on even nights; hunt baddies while not being discovered; Innocent Win

*Spy

-Abilities: PM to get role of any person, every day.

*Doctor

-Abilities: Every night, anyone but never the same twice in a row

*Janitor

-Abilities: Chooses one person, a Die will be rolled with a 1/3 chance of having the ability to Spy, Kill, or Save each night. May decline to use the ability.

*Sage

-Abilities: Each morning, gets to know what roles were killed. If killed, the Sage squeals the name of the Ninja or Spy. 50% for either

***********If 12 people we will add:

*Mafia Bodyguard

-Abilities: Cannot be saved at night, and cannot be lynched on even days

*Police Officer

-Abilities: Rules following the Wraith in M4F14

*Grave Robber

-Abilities: Only once, may assume the role of any deceased person for the rest of the game. This includes all baddies.

-Objective: Whatever role is assumed.

*Mayor

-Abilities: Confirmed innocent, secret vote counts as 2. Automatically dies if s/he leaks who the vote is for, whether or not it is true

Get it? Sweet, lets get on with the show! Game starts in 10 hours! (Thursday 10PM EST)

What time Zone are you in?

Host: Brandonb, Y-san

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

I am reserving a place right now. I don't think it will be much of a problem as when there will be night in the US, here it will be day and vice versa. I just need to know the exact time. i guess there will be a 12 hours gap. mine is GMT +5.30 hours.

i would have loved to play but I am not in the US time zone :( am I allowed to play?

It's highly recommended that people who sign up should be in a US time zone, though it's not required. You are welcome to sign up, just keep in mind that players are encouraged to lynch inactive people if in doubt.

Me too, but I am hesitated due to the word "Experienced." :huh:

It just means, people who have previously played. People that know how to play the game from their experience, just reading other threads won't really work for this game.

Host: Brandonb, Y-san

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

Missing one game was too much for this addict! I have to work this weekend (and my weekend job doesn't allow for BD access the way my day job does), but I should still be able to make it work.

I am reserving a place right now. I don't think it will be much of a problem as when there will be night in the US, here it will be day and vice versa. I just need to know the exact time. i guess there will be a 12 hours gap. mine is GMT +5.30 hours.

Nayana, I believe you will be 9.5 hours ahead of game time (US Eastern Daylight time is GMT - 4 hours)

Thx for the welcomes, GC and Nayana - I feel loved now :) But GC, don't kill me off first thing this time, ok?

Is this the slowest Mafia signup ever? I thought there might not be room for me, yet I'm only number 4. I really hope this is able to start tonight.

Thx for the welcomes, GC and Nayana - I feel loved now :) But GC, don't kill me off first thing this time, ok?

Is this the slowest Mafia signup ever? I thought there might not be room for me, yet I'm only number 4. I really hope this is able to start tonight.

The majority of Mafia players normally come on in about 8 hours. I'm sure it will pick up then.

The game will start tonight, I am confident that we will have at least 8 players.

As I said, this is a speed Mafia game, so the game will begin at the same time that the roles are sent out (In about 11 hours). There will not be any sitting around and waiting for confirmations. Players will need to know when the day post is made, and send in their PMs for night actions without a PM prompting them.

Go BL. :P

I have the feeling this is Brandon's dream project. So Brandon, be considerate to me as I have been your mafia buddy twice.

Corsican Currency. :P

Just kidding. :lol:

And this timing actually suits us Indians.

For Indians:

Speed Mafia timings:

Daytime: 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Nighttime: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m

I think this is around right. Any corrections?