BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Sorry if this already been posted, this is my first puzzle on this site, and if its already been posted, just don't respond.

Two men were on an Island. As they were looking out, they finally saw a boat. However, they waved and waved, and the boat did not come closer. The reason: there was nobody on the boat. Why were these men on the island, and why was there no-one in the boat?

It wasn't the 2 guys boat, just if you're wondering.

The guys lived on the island and are scientists. They made the boat and put it out to sea with measuring equipment of some kind on it. They are sentimental guys, so as the boat drifted away, they waved goodbye to their creation.

Edited by aforsy

The guys lived on the island and are scientists. They made the boat and put it out to sea with measuring equipment of some kind on it. They are sentimental guys, so as the boat drifted away, they waved goodbye to their creation.

Again, the boat the saw was not their boat in any way. they had never seen the boat before. never ever. didnt even build it.

If it is not in water, the definition os island says:

island n. ( Abbr. Isl. or Is. or I. ) A land mass, especially one smaller than a continent, entirely surrounded by water.

Should i not consult the dictionary anymore??

It's kind of a play on words. the dictionary is almost always right, but it's a certain type of island probably not in the dictionary

Well... I am going to try this one...

Is the boat put on a kind of pick-up car (I don't know the proper name) and been driven by... so that it is't even in the water?

Well, i think you have it rilili. Here's my solution, if you want to look.

The guys were on a traffic island.(still an island.) A truck with a boat on a trailer drove by and the two guys waved at it, for reasons unknown of. They were not in the water at all.

Hey. :)

Thanks peace-out! I am still a little insecure here. everybody seems extremely smart!

I live in Greece, so I see a lot of boats "driven" by, nothing extraordinary (although I rarely wave at them!)

Edited by rilili