BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I was thinking about some of the discussions we,ve had on here.

Break ups, etc...

So what really turns you off of a person?

I will assume that stupidity and bigotry are a given.

We all like a sense of humor too.

But what else?

For me it is bad teeth and poor table manners.

If you cant hold your knife and fork correctly then game over!

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was thinking about some of the discussions we,ve had on here.

Break ups, etc...

So what really turns you off of a person?

I will assume that stupidity and bigotry are a given.

We all like a sense of humor too.

But what else?

For me it is bad teeth and poor table manners.

well, I don't think you'd want to date me then, CP. I was blessed with perfect teeth (never even needed braces!) but while I was in France the family I stayed with told me I eat like a Barbarian (because I use my fork to cut almost everything) and the father took it upon himself to give me lessons on how to properly operate my eating utensils. :)

As far as my turn-offs go, let's see...

~Poor hygeine (I don't mind post-work-out sweat; but greasy hair, BO and a white tongue or yellow teeth will make me turn and run)

~Jealousy (either you trust me or you don't. as everyone on BD knows, I'm the flirting type; my guy has got to have the confidence to cope with that)

~Talks rudely or harshly to his mother (means that eventually he will talk that way to me)

~Is too much of a mama's boy (means he'll never be able to truly "leave and cleave")

~Anti-social (Sometimes I like to stay home with just the two of us, but I sometimes I like to go out. I want a guy who is not afraid to mingle - to meet new people, to jump into a conversation. The guy who stands in the corner or who keeps whispering "let's go" in my ear can go home by himself!)

Pretty much just use common sence!

well for most people the answers are very different.

I know someone who didnt date vegans.

Another thought that unless you had a college degree you were

a persona non grata.

I for one, also wont date anyone with a gas guzzler car. No H2s for me!

edit: smoking is a killer too. Thanks Prince Marth

Edited by crazypainter

Indians eat with their fingers! :lol: even I do

table manners yeah....I don't like people who eat with their mouths open and making that chomping sound....it is disgusting..

also bad breath is a big turn off :D

I'd love to say I'm not picky when it comes to women........

but I am...

Turn-offs:

Needy (I don't mind a girl who relies on me for protection and emotional support....some of the time!)

Poor hygiene (If she smells worse than I do after a work out on a regular basis..not cool.)

Whiny (There is nothing worse than a girl who whines ad complains about everything and does nothing about it)

OK I'll stop there, those ore the big 3 for me.

I'd love to say I'm not picky when it comes to women........

but I am...

Turn-offs:

Needy (I don't mind a girl who relies on me for protection and emotional support....some of the time!)

Poor hygiene (If she smells worse than I do after a work out on a regular basis..not cool.)

Whiny (There is nothing worse than a girl who whines ad complains about everything and does nothing about it)

OK I'll stop there, those ore the big 3 for me.

Yeah thats pretty much the main 3 for me to...... just she needs to look alright, somewhat eye appealing, other than that i good personality... i cant stand shallow women!!!!!

well for most people the answers are very different.

I know someone who didnt date vegans.

Another thought that unless you had a college degree you were

a persona non grata.

I for one, also wont date anyone with a gas guzzler car. No H2s for me!

edit: smoking is a killer too. Thanks Prince Marth

Yeah, I can name a few times where I've liked a girl but found out she smoked. My attraction to them immediately died.

Yeah, I can name a few times where I've liked a girl but found out she smoked. My attraction to them immediately died.

I used to smoke, so it never really bothered me....then again if it's weed...total turn-off

I agree with so many of the reasons being listed here.

And if the person doesnt like me for who I am I do walk away.

I do not mind if a person eats with their fingers, I do at times.

It is the holding of silverware incorrectly that really gets to me.

I guess because my mom drilled it into me all the time!

I am mostly annoyed by people who have their absolute dogmas about everything – who live in a kind of world made out of (mostly stupid) rules about other people.

Like when they judge people because they have an old car or a low paid job or look a certain way or ....maybe smoke (I smoke – but I roll them myself, does that count? ;) ) since it was brought up.

My turn down are extremely prejudiced people who think they know everything... (especially when they take this look where they start to patronise you, if you know what I mean )

I surely do also have some prejudices against some people or things. I hope that I can recognise them though and try to avoid getting my life ruled by them.

I also am really turned down by people with no imagination and no ideals – you know, the dry ones that have all their lives planned out with achievement points and 5-year plans! And who try to squeeze you also into a plan like this.... Aaaargh! :wacko: They are the worst for me!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW COME ON GUYS YOU ARE NO FUN!!!

SMOKING WEED? OR JUST SMOKING IN GENERAL????

to picky my young friends....

Smoking weed...Hookah, cigs, cigars, don't mind those. In fact I own a little hookah :)

And 'young' I've got almost 4 years on ya, but I won't hold that against you :)

Edited by Impervious

Hey fellas, I hate to put a damper on your love affair, but in my experience long-distance relationships never work out. ;)

Hmmm.... idk, but for me they worked to some point. Not a full flown love affair, but alright for some experience.

Hey fellas, I hate to put a damper on your love affair, but in my experience long-distance relationships never work out. ;)

I agree....I tried it once...

Hmmm.... idk, but for me they worked to some point. Not a full flown love affair, but alright for some experience.

Hmmm you have some skills there....Then again I do good to hold a relationship in person....picky LA girls lol

My #1 biggest turn off, and I've actually dumped a girl for this, is bad hygiene. I can't deal with it. I think that's the only thing. Cigarettes are pretty bad too, especially if smoked inside. I've always been pretty turned off to girls who smoke all the time which really just factors into hygiene anyway. That's really it though. For me, it's all about the individual. But yeah, bad hygiene, I don't even want to keep thinking about it. :o

My #1 biggest turn off, and I've actually dumped a girl for this, is bad hygiene. I can't deal with it. I think that's the only thing. Cigarettes are pretty bad too, especially if smoked inside. I've always been pretty turned off to girls who smoke all the time which really just factors into hygiene anyway. That's really it though. For me, it's all about the individual. But yeah, bad hygiene, I don't even want to keep thinking about it. :o

you're a very mysterious fellow, do you know that? Nevermind, of course you know it...that's the way you play it! ;)