BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This riddle is written primarily for those who live in the United States, but anyone may feel free to take a go at it:

By law I am clear,

A good thing if you're near.

But if of me you take no heed,

My owner green will bleed.

A cop pulling someone over for a ticket?

It fits:

By law I am clear, [don't speed or buckle up or something like that]

A good thing if you're near. [cops can mean good for someone near a dangerous driver]

But if of me you take no heed, [if you don't listen to a cop]

My owner green will bleed. [you'll get a ticket]

Am I close?

Do you live in the US?? I do and i think you have that right!!

Who me? If so, yes.

Well it might not be the answer he's looking for but if it is then that's the first riddle I've ever been the first to solve! :P

I hope it is. ^_^

A windshield. The other glass in the vehicle may be "blacked" out but the windshield is not permitted this option. In some states the degree of darken glass applies to other windows on the car. The prime reason is for the safety of the patrolman, providing him/her unobstructed views onto the vehicle. The stated reason is clarity of vision for the driver. I guess it's really and amalgam of reasons. Can the web host just put a "Post" button in the menu bar, it is 2008.

:blush:

If you smoke after sex you more then likely don't live in California, where you can have sex with anything living or dead, alive or inanimate you just can't smoke afterward.

:lol: Not that bad in MI yet,

but we're getting there. <_<

A windshield. The other glass in the vehicle may be "blacked" out but the windshield is not permitted this option. In some states the degree of darken glass applies to other windows on the car. The prime reason is for the safety of the patrolman, providing him/her unobstructed views into the vehicle. Typically the stated reason by the prevailing regulatory body is; clarity of vision for the driver. I guess it's really and amalgam of reasons. Can the web host just put a "Post" button in the menu bar, it is 2008.

:blush:

A cop pulling someone over for a ticket?

It fits:

By law I am clear, [don't speed or buckle up or something like that]

A good thing if you're near. [cops can mean good for someone near a dangerous driver]

But if of me you take no heed, [if you don't listen to a cop]

My owner green will bleed. [you'll get a ticket]

Am I close?

not only in the US the cops pull people over as well as issue tickets. I like the answer though...

Sorry, it's not a windshield. I'm sure all states are different, but in my state the windshield can be tinted a certain percent. This is something mandated by Federal law to be clear/transparent. You are right that it's automotive--that should give you the answer.