BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

War is everywhere, all around us, in us. To think that peace is possible is something that will never happen. No matter where you are and what you do, there WILL be war.

....whose with me?

I agree. War is inevitable. It is fortold in the Bible that wars must happen before the "End Times" (see Mark 13:7) It's not that I am Pro-war, that's just silly, but I do understand the necessity for conflict in certain situations. I could never bring myself to sign up for the Peace Club for this very reason. I can't wave a banner above my head saying "NO WAR" when God tells us that there WILL BE WARS. However, He also says not to be afraid. And so neither do I live in fear. I find peace within myself, within my soul. There will never be world peace, but I can be at peace with the world as it rages around me.

War is everywhere, all around us, in us. To think that peace is possible is something that will never happen. No matter where you are and what you do, there WILL be war.

....whose with me?

I give you kudos. Why you ask? For having enough respect and politeness to start your own thread instead of barging in on the Peace Club like other ones have with their nonsense.

Thanks again and kudos to you. It was a very peaceful thing to do. :D

I am not promoting war, it is just that there is a reason for it in our world. Look all around us, at nature, at the plants and animals and insects... everything is war with them. What makes us better?

I am not promoting war, it is just that there is a reason for it in our world. Look all around us, at nature, at the plants and animals and insects... everything is war with them. What makes us better?

Since you seem to consinder war as simply a fact, why do we have to found a club? We have all noses for instance, would this be enough reason to found a nose-club? ;)

War existed since the beginning of mankind, but so are diseases, hate, cruelty and other horrible things - this does not mean we should have a club to celebrate them either...

Well... I'm sorry if I sound patronizing (especially since I am new here - not the best way to introduce oneself). So please don't consider this as a declaration of war :wacko:

Since you seem to consinder war as simply a fact, why do we have to found a club? We have all noses for instance, would this be enough reason to found a nose-club? ;)

War existed since the beginning of mankind, but so are diseases, hate, cruelty and other horrible things - this does not mean we should have a club to celebrate them either...

Well... I'm sorry if I sound patronizing (especially since I am new here - not the best way to introduce oneself). So please don't consider this as a declaration of war :wacko:

Hahahahaha, just because it says club does not actually mean anything. This is just a place where we may debate over the various ideas of war and anything else in that nature. I dont care if we talk about peace either! In fact the reason why i started this thread because we got into the huge discusion about my views in the Peace Club Sign Up thread, so i started this one to share my views with peace and harmony. :D

So Please do not take the topic the wrong way... it's just a place to share your ideas, no matter what they are B))

I agree about how conflict is necessary in nature

But to accept war because of "what God said" in the Bible is ludicrous... it's one step closer to those people that want a nuclear holocaust so that it will be the apocalypse and thus Jesus will return :rolleyes:

But it is true that conflict is part of nature, however by promoting peace we mean to reduce the unnecessary conflicts

I agree about how conflict is necessary in nature

But to accept war because of "what God said" in the Bible is ludicrous... it's one step closer to those people that want a nuclear holocaust so that it will be the apocalypse and thus Jesus will return :rolleyes:

But it is true that conflict is part of nature, however by promoting peace we mean to reduce the unnecessary conflicts

You promote peace, yet you think what God said in the bible was wrong... so in turn that creates war? Does it not?

Disagreement does not always lead to war. Most of the times there will be a long a time consuming diplomatic discourse.... and then a bargain! ;)

And I believe that most wars are started out of profit & gain and rarely because of beliefs....

Oh that's a load of poo, UR, and you know it. First off, God doesn't say he wants war and destruction; He just says that it will happen...as an act of man's freewill. Second, Man cannot, by their power, bring forth the End of Days...he can bring the end of his own days maybe, but not the End Times as Jesus spoke of. Thirdly, this discussion doesn't need to become a war between God-believers and athiests...take that to the religious debate thread. I wasn't trying to convert anyone to Christianity by my statement, I was just stating my opinion...peacefully in fact. There's no need for you to pounce on it...especially if you're going to make ridiculous statements about holocaust bringing Jesus.

Edit: Clarification, Revision

Edited by puzzlegirl

Actually, I think as science and technology move forward and the internet takes over the world, there will be less of the "wars" that we're used to...it's just a waste of resources. War in the traditional sense, i.e. physical war, is a Zero-sum game, or actually, considering the loss of resources (loss of lives, destruction of land, etc), it's actually a negative sum game, that is, the world loses as a whole because of it.

But there will be more financial "wars" as different companies try to win over the customers and over the capital. These new wars will be fought in cyberspace and in boardrooms and hence will not take the same toll on the world as physical wars. There will always be conflict as long as ppl are selfish, but violence will definitely decrease.

There will always be conflict as long as ppl are selfish,

Well put :) .

Is war necessary? Can we ever attain world peace?

Despite what people may think (or at least, anyone reading my posts on both of the peace club threads) I believe world peace is, theoretically, possible.

And although you can't leave things to chance, when the human element is involved, I still think that the aspect of world peace is so improbable, that it can be considered impossible. Like, to quote Dawkins, a china teacup revolving around the galaxy.

Despite what people may think (or at least, anyone reading my posts on both of the peace club threads) I believe world peace is, theoretically, possible.

One might suppose that if there were only one human left on the planet then there would finally be world peace, but I tell you that not even then is it possible. For man himself is full of torment - he is in constant conflict with himself. Remove all other external factors and a man still has to face his own internal demons.

On that note...did anyone read or see the movie "Into the Wild." Basically, the guy segregated himself from society and (almost) all material comforts and in the end he died lonely, scared, and wishing he had made different choices. Even a man alone in the wild is at war.

One might suppose that if there were only one human left on the planet then there would finally be world peace, but I tell you that not even then is it possible. For man himself is full of torment - he is in constant conflict with himself. Remove all other external factors and a man still has to face his own internal demons.

On that note...did anyone read or see the movie "Into the Wild." Basically, the guy segregated himself from society and (almost) all material comforts and in the end he died lonely, scared, and wishing he had made different choices. Even a man alone in the wild is at war.

Who needs war when there is you, my darling. :wub:

I never quit. That alone, ups my chances of winning anything in life. You quitters never win because you give up like sissies. If you are failing at something, don't quit and try to improve it. Life is too short to give up. Why would anyone want to increase their children's chances of death at 17 years old ,, or even younger? The majority of the world can peacefully persuede the ones who are not thinking logically. It may not be tomorrow or next year. If you tell someone today, they will tell someone tomorrow. If life sucks for you that much, then don't take it out on the peaceful people. lol

This is a war joint so I will not post anymore because I need understanding from people who refuse to give me the time of day. I will reciprocate in the thread in which I dwell in. :D:D:D

P.S, My Bodacious Blossom, this has nothing to do with our romantic relationship. :wub:

Edited by akaslickster

:o You people have been debaiting, and debating well! All of you make very very good points on war, but religion was also part of war, it has been ever since religion has started. Did you forget the billions of people who died because of religion? So by all means, discuss and fight all you want... that is what this thread was made for. ;) And of course, peacefully.... B))

Who needs war when there is you, my darling. :wub:

I never quit. That alone, ups my chances of winning anything in life. You quitters never win because you give up like sissies. If you are failing at something, don't quit and try to improve it. Life is too short to give up. Why would anyone want to increase their children's chances of death at 17 years old ,, or even younger? The majority of the world can peacefully persuede the ones who are not thinking logically. It may not be tomorrow or next year. If you tell someone today, they will tell someone tomorrow. If life sucks for you that much, then don't take it out on the peaceful people. lol

This is a war joint so I will not post anymore because I need understanding from people who refuse to give me the time of day. I will reciprocate in the thread in which I dwell in. :D:D:D

P.S, My Bodacious Blossom, this has nothing to do with our romantic relationship. :wub:

Slick, I don't understand half of what you just rambled about. Who's giving up? Who's quitting? And what's that about increasing children's chances of death?? What does that have to do with anything we've been discussing? Did I miss something? And who said life sucks? I said:

There will never be world peace, but I can be at peace with the world as it rages around me

The world rages...not me. I am content, I am not fearful, and I am not a quitter or a sissie. I just believe that war is sometimes necessary. I don't know how many times I have to say it: I AM NOT AGAINST PEACE!!! I preach peace as well. But on the other hand, when it is necessary to have conflict I don't turn and run, I stand my ground...I stand for my freedom and my faith.

And the whole point of this thread is to discuss if/when war is necessary...I don't see how that's "taking it out on peacful people" ? If you don't like what's being discussed here, stop browsing this thread.

...and I still love you too, my Placid Prince of Pacificism :wub: