BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Ok, thoroughly searched this and it didn't come up, so I'm posting it ^_^

Dectective Kat did enjoy country walks in the fields, but this time the sights of nature provided were spoiled by the obviously unnatural demise of a mysterious, unamed Braindenzian (didn't want to insult someone by killing them). Their body lay sprawled near two tire tracks on a rise in the sandy field. They had been shot.

"The tire tracks aren't clear enough to get a good print..." came a voice, who was Y-San, the ever present murder detective.

"The tracks are so close to each other" Kat commentedm "it must have been a small car."

"The curious thing is that one footprint is in the middle of the tire tracks," Y-San continued, "It's dep, so it must have been a heavy person, but there's only one footprint. It looks like a one legged person dropped from the sky, left a body here, and flew away! :lol:"

"Maybe this is the victim's footprint," Kat suggested, "and maybe he was pushed out of an airplane or helicopter..."

"It isn't their footprint, it's bigger than their shoes. They don't look heavy enough to create this impression, and why is there only one?" Y-San questioned.

Kat sighed, and looked down at the body, the two parallel tracks, and the one footprint.

"Where there any other clues?" Y-San asked, inspecting the ground,

"We found a nine millimeter shell on the ground, by the footprint, though they obviously have been shot twice--another mystery," Kat pointed out, "there aren't many vehicles in the area. We've gotten roadblocks set up, and we're inspecting cars. we're hoping for another clue."

Y-San said, "I don't think we're looking for a car, but a search of the vehicles should provide conclusive evidence."

"Why not look for a car? What conclusive evidence?" Kat asked, evidently confused.

Do you know?

21 answers to this question

Maybe the victim knew his/her killer. asked whether they'd like a ride on a friend's new Segway (you know the two wheeled upright personal transport thing), (s)he said yes. The victim rode at the front, whilst the killer stood at the back. Upon arriving at the destination, the killer shot the victim, once, recocked the weapon ejecting a single case, then shot again leaving the spent cartridge in the gun. The killer then lifted the dead weight of the victim, one foot on the segway, the other on the ground behind it for leverage as the killer ejected the victim over the front of the Segway.(hence one, deep print in the middle of the tracks) Finally, the killer reversed down the same tracks, to a waiting station wagon on a sealed road (no tracks), placed the segway in the back and made good his/her escape...which is why a search of cars would reveal a segway in the trunk and a weapon containing a spent cartridge.

Just a guess :)

Edited by SkinnyInny

No sorry, no one has got the right idea...

~Kat

Edit: Oh wait, the thing about the footprint being bigger because of the weight (Skinnytinny said this), is right, but it's not enough.

Edited by Kathleen

The killer rode a motorcycle. Going towards the victim, he/she made one of the track marks. He/she stopped and put his/her foot down for balance, accounting for the footprint, then shot the victim. Then the killer turned and rode away, creating the other track marks.

The killer rode a motorcycle. Going towards the victim, he/she made one of the track marks. He/she stopped and put his/her foot down for balance, accounting for the footprint, then shot the victim. Then the killer turned and rode away, creating the other track marks.

Actually, I just realized, there's an alternative explanation for the footprint:

The killer used his foot as a pivot when he picked up his motorcycle and turned it around. The added weight was the weight of the motorcycle.

OOH that is SO close, but your first answer was closer. The thing is, the motorcyclist didn't turn around, they kept going...so what was the other track? Also, where was the other bullet shell?

~Kat

Edit: Added a question.

Edited by Kathleen

OOH that is SO close, but your first answer was closer. The thing is, the motorcyclist didn't turn around, they kept going...so what was the other track? Also, where was the other bullet shell?

~Kat

Edit: Added a question.

A sidecar with the victim in it...but then the killer may not have needed to put his/her foot down...oh and the cartridge is in the footwell of the sidecar

Edited by SkinnyInny

A sidecar with the victim in it...but then the killer may not have needed to put his/her foot down...

OH yes! A sidecar! But there was a reason for the footprint, and still, where's the second shell?

~Kat

A sidecar with the victim in it...but then the killer may not have needed to put his/her foot down...

Good thinking! Then, that would mean:

The other shell fell into the sidecar. The footprint was made when the killer leaned over to pull the victim out of the sidecar and dump him onto the ground.

I think it was a

Ok, I was thinking that the vehicle was either a motorcycle or a wheelchair... The shell? Maybe it's still in the guy's body...

but looking back at Wally West's answer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He is probably right.

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Good thinking! Then, that would mean:

The other shell fell into the sidecar. The footprint was made when the killer leaned over to pull the victim out of the sidecar and dump him onto the ground.

Congrats, you got it! Good gueses everyone else :D

~Kat

Lol good one Kat!

I was thinking the footprint was because somebody had to push off the ground to get balance on something, like a motorcycle.

I never would have thought of the sidecar lol I don't think I've ever seen one of those actually... ^_^