BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Well, I have signed up the peace club, so I can’t kill any members, but…… I make someone else killed. :D

Here we go!

It was a summer break. Yoruichi-san, PG, Phaze, and Sinistral decided to go for a 2-days picnic at somewhere not far away from their Redrum University.

They rented a chalet which so happen, on the opposite to a chalet, rented by some of their next door classmates: Jennifer Jones, Caroline Carpenter, Paul Patrick, Steve Scott and Roger Robinson.

The 2 couples, after put their luggage in their room, immediately having fun at the river nearby. Soon, Jennifer, Caroline, Paul and Roger joined them.

“Jen, where is Steve?” asked PG, knowing that Jennifer is the girlfriend of Steve.

“He said he can’t join us the afternoon session. He is preparing a surprise for me,” said Jennifer with a sweet smile.

“Wow, nice to hear that. Couldn’t wait to see what it will be.” Said Y-san.

“I think he is behaving very secretive recently. He sometimes left his girlfriend with us but disappear himself in some weekends. “ said Paul.

“Could be preparing some nice stuff like diamond ring, huh, Jen? “ Caroline teased Jennifer.

“I agree with Paul, recently he used to speak some strange statement, like “What a pity”, “Why should I be the odd one here, and I can’t change it”, “None of you see that. You just don’t get it” and bla….bla.. bla…, all these are so depressing.” Roger said.

And the conversation, teasing on each other and playing at the riverside was going on for the whole afternoon. Of coarse everyone had once or more than once excuse themselves for being away alone for a while, either nature calls, other private things to do.

The late evening, 8 of them happily went back to their chalet. While Y-san and the other 3 resting at the living room, they heard yelling!

It is from the other chalet. They run quickly to there. Noticed Jen, Carol, Paul and Roger stood still with mixture of sad, fear, shock expression, but all towards one direction, the kitchen.

It is Steve. He is kind of sitting leaned against the refrigerator, with a pale but relieved face. His right hand is holding a dagger, which is still stuck on his abdomen. Blood flowed and painted his bottom half ans the floor red. He is dead.

“Ah…….Who could do this to Steve?” cried Jennifer.

“Roger, call the police! “ shouted Paul.

Roger quickly took out the cellphone and made a call. Caroline kept consoling Jennifer.

“Looks like he is busy himself to bake a cake,” said Phaze, after looking around the kitchen.

“It is for Jen,” said Caroline, can’t help herself with tears drop from her big blue eyes. “Jen like fruit cake!”

That’s true. Fruits were everywhere. On the desk, there are bunch of flour, eggs and fruits. So are at the floor, kiwi, grape, watermelon, and wait, and a lemon hold by Steve left hand, resting on an egg which is broken.

“He should follow us to the river!” Roger sighed. “By then he won’t have to be in this. Who could do this to him?”

“A robber? Or a series killer like TC that we read from news recently?” puzzled Caroline, as puzzled as PG could be.

“Steve…oh….steve….” sobbed Jennifer. Sit on a chair as her legs getting weaker and weaker.

“If let me know who the killer is…” Paul with his anger voice, and grasped him hand firmly.

The police came and surprisingly, with Inspector Slick!

“YS! It’s you again!” said Slick “Could I have any murder case where you are not at the site?”

Y-san, without any single word, just smiled to Slick.

“All right, stop putting your smiling face like you have known everything!”

“I didn’t know everything, Inspector Slick,” said Y-san.

“But based on what we heard,”

“and based on what we see,”, continued Sinistral.

“We know who the killer is.” Y-san and Sinistral answered simultaneously.

Question, who is the killer and how do Y-san and Sinistral knew? :o

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Roger killed him because he was afraid that Steve was stronger than him and is intimidated for some reason right now, or it may be a contest of power.

Edited by SoKrisky

OK, time for

1. Can you see the numbers or number-related items? Where? Then why is the odd one odd?

2. Size does matters.

Hope you can get it :huh:

Umm...

Steve is the only one who has an even # of letters in his name (10). Maybe it was Roger b/c his first name and lemon both have 5 letters?

I know!

lemonymelon!

Just kidding. :D

Very funny murder case Woon. I like it.

Unfortunately I've stopped trying to solve these murder cases since it has proven to be bad for my health. :P

I knew someone will mention about her. :)

Anyway, take care of your health.

OK, I give up,

The broken egg on Steve's hand represent him. As he claim himself is the odd one from his team. Broken mean he is the victim.

So,

1) What is egg different from

2) What broke the egg?

3) Can you see any thing from their family name? something like ottffssent? :huh:

Umm...

Does the lemon represent jennifer? The patterns of vowels to consonants match for caroline and paul's last names, and jennifer and roger's last names but roger has an extra bunch of letters afterwards.

Watermelon and lemon match consonant-vowel et c. but the melon part is extra just like his last name...

That feels like a shot in the dark, though.

Jennifer's name seems to match the best with lemon.

But I have no idea where kiwi and grape come into play except that the only person with a k in their name is Paul Patrick and Caroline Carpenter has all the letters for grape in her name except the G... and that's two different ideas put together to try to make some sense...

Umm...

Does the lemon represent jennifer? The patterns of vowels to consonants match for caroline and paul's last names, and jennifer and roger's last names but roger has an extra bunch of letters afterwards.

Watermelon and lemon match consonant-vowel et c. but the melon part is extra just like his last name...

That feels like a shot in the dark, though.

Jennifer's name seems to match the best with lemon.

But I have no idea where kiwi and grape come into play except that the only person with a k in their name is Paul Patrick and Caroline Carpenter has all the letters for grape in her name except the G... and that's two different ideas put together to try to make some sense...

Nope but

size does matter !

:P

Lemon and the egg.

Lemon-yellow - jealousy (but I can't figure it out if Steve was jealous or someone was jealous of him)

Egg in his hands- Symbolic - Steve you got no balls!!! But balls for what ???

And that is as far as I got, actually kiwi (wiki) I checked grapes and melons there, but... BTW a weird fruit choice to bake a cake.

B))

:P

Lemon and the egg.

Lemon-yellow - jealousy (but I can't figure it out if Steve was jealous or someone was jealous of him)

Egg in his hands- Symbolic - Steve you got no balls!!! But balls for what ???

And that is as far as I got, actually kiwi (wiki) I checked grapes and melons there, but... BTW a weird fruit choice to bake a cake.

B))

nope but

Lemon and egg things are the clues that Steve able to give before he is dead. He was smiling because he sure with his clues, Y-san able to figure who killed him.

As for the reason why the killer kill, is not important in this puzzle.

OK! I did something interesting, it probably has nothing to do with it, but here it is

I wrote all the letters from A...Z horizontally and then under those letters I wrote the letters that their names consist of and I got that at everybody's name there's a NO (at least one) except at Paul Patrick's name?!

It's probably just a coincidence! :lol:

;)

OK! I did something interesting, it probably has nothing to do with it, but here it is

I wrote all the letters from A...Z horizontally and then under those letters I wrote the letters that their names consist of and I got that at everybody's name there's a NO (at least one) except at Paul Patrick's name?!

It's probably just a coincidence! :lol:

;)

Yes, it is just a conincidence.

OK! Don't get your hopes up I still have no clue!!!

names are important, but I still cant figure out how! Then the fruit, lemon and the egg are important! And the kiwi, grape (grape or grapes or did you mean grapefruit?!) and the watermelon. I don't understand what size does matter?! Size of the fruit or their names? There are not many clues but it still don't seem to make any sense to me. Their names are weird because their first and last name starts with the same letter and they are to ordinary. BTW I like the redrum/murder detail

;)