Jump to content
BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers
  • 0

murder mystery II


Guest

Question

our detective investigates a campsite where a man ( lets call him joe) was shot by. . . (lets call him john) the bullet entered the thigh and came upwards to the heart. John claims that he was standing on a tall rock near their campsite, when Joe called for help, john turned and saw a bear advancing towards joe. He took out his hunting rifle to shoot the bear, and missed and hit joe. The bang scared away the bear.

What was the detectives response, and how do you know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Here's my guess

Joe had been shot in the thigh and the bullet went up to the heart.

Now considering the John said that he was standing on a tall rock, he couldn't have got the right anlge to shoot Joe in such a fashion (even by accident). Hence he was lying.

It's more likely that Joe was asleep in a tent when John opened it and shot him straight up into his thigh and towards his heart. Motive probably being that Joe slept with John's wife

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I would think their first move would be to inspect the ground for evidence of a bear before they assumed any of the latter. If John was lying, there would be no evidence of a bear. And there is no mention of a woman on this camping trip, so we can't be sure of motive yet. If there's no evidence of bear tracks, it doesn't much matter what his motive was - if he was lying, I would 99% sure of his guilt, the other 1% being reserved for possible insanity and other uncommon occurences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

If your looking for a serious answer, I'd say you'd have to go back to the rock, or atleast see it, the one Joe was standing on. Unless the rock is curved and Joe stood at an angle, there is no way the bullet could go up through the thigh and into his heart. In this case, Joe's lying. If the rock is abnormal, I would check the premisis for bear tracks, as well as examine the bullet wound. They can tell you the angle specifications, distance, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Here's my guess

Joe had been shot in the thigh and the bullet went up to the heart.

Now considering the John said that he was standing on a tall rock, he couldn't have got the right anlge to shoot Joe in such a fashion (even by accident). Hence he was lying.

It's more likely that Joe was asleep in a tent when John opened it and shot him straight up into his thigh and towards his heart. Motive probably being that Joe slept with John's wife

LOL!!! :lol: I have to agree with your response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

By "standing on a tall rock," John ment "I walked in on," and by "bear," John ment "my wife," and by "advancing towards Joe" John ment "sleeping with Joe."

Therefore this problem can be re-written as, "John walked in on his wife sleeping with Joe." This makes the whole thing make much more sense. The detective therefore had no questions, and simply arrested Joe for being a terrible friend. And then he slept with John's wife, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
By "standing on a tall rock," John ment "I walked in on," and by "bear," John ment "my wife," and by "advancing towards Joe" John ment "sleeping with Joe."

Therefore this problem can be re-written as, "John walked in on his wife sleeping with Joe." This makes the whole thing make much more sense. The detective therefore had no questions, and simply arrested Joe for being a terrible friend. And then he slept with John's wife, too.

Haha very nice :D

P.S. John's wife is very good in bed :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...