BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

K, so obviously, I recently got dumped and am currently passed the denial phase and into the anger one :angry: . Hopefully acceptance comes soon. And because of all this, I have been thinking off all the guys I've broken up with in the past, and the various reasons that were exchanged and the typical excuses. Some of them sad , some pathetic, and some really funny. So, I know I'm not the only person to ever end a relationship, or have one ended on :blush: , so I thought people might want to share stories, excuses, reasons, etc. :lol:

I've had a girl who told me that she loved me, and i honestly thought she did. Turns out she was cheating on our whole relationship, she even lied to me about it.

Hahahaha, the thing is when i found out that night she wanted to kill herself....... now if she didnt love me like she said she did, why would she want to kill herself? Now thats something i dont get.... meh, my heart is still glass because of that, but what can you do.... :(

Actually, girls think about sex as much as men do.... maybe more even.

It's true, most of my ex's initiated it first, I just went along for the ride (so to speak) :)

I've had a girl who told me that she loved me, and i honestly thought she did. Turns out she was cheating on our whole relationship, she even lied to me about it.

Hahahaha, the thing is when i found out that night she wanted to kill herself....... now if she didnt love me like she said she did, why would she want to kill herself? Now thats something i dont get.... meh, my heart is still glass because of that, but what can you do.... :(

Girls are strange like that, I was cheated on once...Thought about cheating on her too but couldn't do it, so I left her, told her if she felt the need to cheat then I'm out. Funny thing is that same day she told the guy she couldn't do it anymore. I think she just liked the rush....

I know it's hard to get over something like that, especially when there is that 'why?' question in the back of your mind. That question can be just as dangerous as knowing the answer though. But there are plenty of fish in the sea, cliche' I know, but it is true. (perhaps I should listen to myself more often.) The best thing I've learned is to read up on differently personality assessment methods or just go with you initial gut instinct when you meet someone. DOn't be too closed off, but don't give yourself away either.

Hang in there buddy.

It's true, most of my ex's initiated it first, I just went along for the ride (so to speak) :)

Girls are strange like that, I was cheated on once...Thought about cheating on her too but couldn't do it, so I left her, told her if she felt the need to cheat then I'm out. Funny thing is that same day she told the guy she couldn't do it anymore. I think she just liked the rush....

I know it's hard to get over something like that, especially when there is that 'why?' question in the back of your mind. That question can be just as dangerous as knowing the answer though. But there are plenty of fish in the sea, cliche' I know, but it is true. (perhaps I should listen to myself more often.) The best thing I've learned is to read up on differently personality assessment methods or just go with you initial gut instinct when you meet someone. DOn't be too closed off, but don't give yourself away either.

Hang in there buddy.

Thanks friend...

but i havent finished my whole story yet. The guy he was cheating on for me broke up with her in 2 weeks. Then she wanted me back but started to date a different guy, by that time i tried to kiss her but she wouldnt let me. So she started to date this guy, funny thing is she cheated on him to. So he dropped her, the guy she was cheating on him for dropped her....... she only has me left now, and guess who she is being REALLY nice to... me. Shame, i already have a different gf... the only thing is, that i love her... and i mean really LOVE her... like there is this ember inside of me and each time i see her it grows and grows. I'm afraid that one day it will ignite and i'll be left utter heartbroken.......again, for the 5th time :(

Thanks friend...

but i havent finished my whole story yet. The guy he was cheating on for me broke up with her in 2 weeks. Then she wanted me back but started to date a different guy, by that time i tried to kiss her but she wouldnt let me. So she started to date this guy, funny thing is she cheated on him to. So he dropped her, the guy she was cheating on him for dropped her....... she only has me left now, and guess who she is being REALLY nice to... me. Shame, i already have a different gf... the only thing is, that i love her... and i mean really LOVE her... like there is this ember inside of me and each time i see her it grows and grows. I'm afraid that one day it will ignite and i'll be left utter heartbroken.......again, for the 5th time :(

Yeah, that girl's trouble, and obviously has a penchant for cheating. Of course she likes you and is being nice to you. She's treating you like her back-up guy for when things don't work out with others. You're her ego boost. A girl did this to my brother, and I was about to be not nice to her (to put it reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy nicely. Violence is not the answer). You need to completely cut contact with her for a while to put things back into perspective, and maybe, if you're really that into her now, you're probably not ready to date someone else. Breaking up sucks, but having you're heart broken repeatedly by the same person is awful! Trust me, I've been there too. You need and deserve someone who will treat you right.

Thanks friend...

You need to see this video...

I used to treat guys like that when I was in college and let me tell you, Dusty is right. You're a back-up...you'll always JUST be a back-up, so pour some cold water on your ember and move on to someone who thinks the universe revolves around you (in a non-phycho kind of way!)

Edit: couldn't get the link to show up right

Edited by puzzlegirl

Dusty, the reason he broke up with you was probably not about you.

Guys are just simple and think with the lower brain...

I was going to defend myself and guys in general, but now that I've been thinking about my past, I won't :rolleyes: it's pretty clear that you're biased toward women though and haven't made mention that there are plenty of girls who are only thinking about a guy's lower brain as well.. and his butt... and my *ahem* his chest. I drove a p.o.s. chevy from 00-06 B))

A little dating advice I learned along the way:

Never date anyone with more tattoos than teeth

Never date anyone whos creditors call more frequently than you do

Never date anyone who can't remember if they have any kids from a previous relationship

Never date anyone who says their the "good kind" of witch

Never date someone whose own parents don’t know where they live

Never date someone assuming your love can fix them; It can’t! Pick someone who’s not broken in the first place.

A little dating advice I learned along the way:

Never date anyone with more tattoos than teeth

Never date anyone who can't remember if they have any kids from a previous relationship

Never date anyone who says their the "good kind" of witch

Never date someone whose own parents don't know where they live

Never date someone assuming your love can fix them; It can't! Pick someone who's not broken in the first place.

Never date an avatar :P

I was going to defend myself and guys in general, but now that I've been thinking about my past, I won't :rolleyes: it's pretty clear that you're biased toward women though and haven't made mention that there are plenty of girls who are only thinking about a guy's lower brain as well.. and his butt... and my *ahem* his chest. I drove a p.o.s. chevy from 00-06 B))

Actually, I think guys have a biased view of females as well, because the ones they have a tendency to notice are the girls who are wearing hot clothes and makeup and flirtatious and trying to be the leading lady, so to speak, and those types are more likely to be looking for shallow things than the quiet, introverted types...but guys tend not to see them...:(

Edit: And when guys get rejected by that type of girl for those reasons, they walk away grumbling to themselves "girls are shallow", and as they are walking, they walk right past the mousy, kind, intelligent girl...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

It's not gonna flame in here surely!

Is it shallow if complexion is important - plane average girls have been the best all round. So long as it's not a case of 'break-out' as opposed to break-up. I am not big on large: and less is not more but that's fine too. All the rest - hygene, humour, hearbeat (jk) etc. Don't get hung up over looks.

Pet hate is intense women/girl - they have a way of looking for problems and want everyone else involved ...the kind that reads their bank statement while you are with friends at a bowling alley -"the bank is ripping me off, I'm gona move my account". That is one hot brick (drop it)

It's not gonna flame in here surely!

Is it shallow if complexion is important - plane average girls have been the best all round. So long as it's not a case of 'break-out' as opposed to break-up. I am not big on large: and less is not more but that's fine too. All the rest - hygene, humour, hearbeat (jk) etc. Don't get hung up over looks.

Pet hate is intense women/girl - they have a way of looking for problems and want everyone else involved ...the kind that reads their bank statement while you are with friends at a bowling alley -"the bank is ripping me off, I'm gona move my account". That is one hot brick (drop it)

Haha...I'm "intense" in a different way...got in a shouting match with a guy over Brownian motion...I forget what the discussion was initially about but I brought up the example that there was some probability that all the air particles in the room would go to one corner, he argued that was impossible because it would require an applied force...(never took quantum, I guess ;P)...anyways, I kept trying to explain and he wasn't getting it and I kept getting louder and louder...XP

Haha...I'm "intense" in a different way...got in a shouting match with a guy over Brownian motion...I forget what the discussion was initially about but I brought up the example that there was some probability that all the air particles in the room would go to one corner, he argued that was impossible because it would require an applied force...(never took quantum, I guess ;P)...anyways, I kept trying to explain and he wasn't getting it and I kept getting louder and louder...XP
Well, that wld probably fit the intense 'see it my way' definition. I meant the 'must be intense or I have no oxygen' type. Being involved in everything and everyone. I tend to let a lot of things go that upset or agitate people, but I do hate to leave certain things unfinnished (except chores - actually I'd rather pay someone to do them than leave them).

Never date someone who always talks about their ex.

Never date someone who has a checklist of things they want to experience.

Used on me:

I thought I was over my best friend but I realized that I'm still in love with her.

Never date someone who always talks about their ex.

Never date someone who has a checklist of things they want to experience.

Used on me:

I thought I was over my best friend but I realized that I'm still in love with her.

yeah, i had that happen to me >.<

not good :(

Thanks friend...

There is an old saying, once a cheater, always a cheater. It seems to me that she may not realize why, but I think it's the rush of getting caught. That is why most people cheat in the first place. Sure there are other reasons, lack of happiness, instability/security. But all in all tose are just excuses to cover the underlying reason. Personally if I find myself even contemplating it, I realize at that moment that whomever I'm with I shouldn't be, because once you truly love someone cheating is not an option.

Yeah, that girl's trouble, and obviously has a penchant for cheating. Of course she likes you and is being nice to you. She's treating you like her back-up guy for when things don't work out with others. You're her ego boost. A girl did this to my brother, and I was about to be not nice to her (to put it reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy nicely. Violence is not the answer). You need to completely cut contact with her for a while to put things back into perspective, and maybe, if you're really that into her now, you're probably not ready to date someone else. Breaking up sucks, but having you're heart broken repeatedly by the same person is awful! Trust me, I've been there too. You need and deserve someone who will treat you right.

I know all about being the back up guy. In high school there was this one girl that did it to me off and on for a couple years, I finally got smart and realized it my Sr year and she wasn't to thrilled when I rejected her. Cutting contact and deleting any reminders is definitely the best way to go to get over someone, I do that pretty much every time. And yup, breaking up does suck, but sometimes it just has to be done.

Never date someone assuming your love can fix them; It can’t! Pick someone who’s not broken in the first place.

1) That's great...I hjad that happen to me once...dropped her right quick.

2) Wow have you seriously had that happen to you?

3) That's my probelm, I have a 'knight in shining armor' complex...I'm always trying to help fix the broken...:\

they'll break your heart every time! ...especially cute little avatars without a nose.

Good warning for all of he male species on BD....PG's a heartbreaker. :P

1) That's great...I hjad that happen to me once...dropped her right quick.

2) Wow have you seriously had that happen to you?

3) That's my probelm, I have a 'knight in shining armor' complex...I'm always trying to help fix the broken...:\

Good warning for all of he male species on BD....PG's a heartbreaker. :P

Wow listening to all this...

guys, have you thought that

you go for a fixer because you dont deserve better?

Thats what i think... she cheated on me and the guy afterwards....... *sigh*

the worst thing is that how hard i feel for her.... like a satalite coming out of orbit.. maybe a meteor... idk really really really hard and it pains me to be away from her. I have a new gf, but i dont love her like i did for the other girl.... =(

Wow listening to all this...

guys, have you thought that

you go for a fixer because you dont deserve better?

Hmmm... i'm not sure. I like girls with at least something a little out of control in their life because it allows me to express my feelings and views for whatever that flaw is. It helps me become closer with the girl... soooooo i'm not sure. Then again it doesnt really matter with me.... sooooo i am not sure, torn between two worlds :rolleyes: