BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

One lazy summer night, Y-san, PG, Phaze and Sinistral were all sitting around a table in a dormitory at Redrum University, playing a game of BANG!, one of the best games ever invented. Across the courtyard was the Ethics Building, which was empty and had been for quite a while. The buildings around the courtyard were all connected in a square, and in the middle of the courtyard was a pond. The buildings all had windows facing both into and out of the square.

After Phaze had been put in jail for the seventh time in a row (gotta love the perma-jail character ;P), he glanced out across the courtyard and gave a startled cry.

This brought Y-san, who was gleefully on a roll as Suzy Lafayette with the Volcanic, back to reality, and she and the others looked outside to see what Phaze had seen. Through the window of a lighted classroom, they could see Dawh tied up and gagged. A cloaked figure walking towards Dawh with a dagger raised high. The figure plunged the dagger down into Dawh's chest and blood spurted out everywhere.

"OmG!" Phaze exclaimed "@@@@@@@@@@!"

The rest of them went running down the north hall to the end of the hallway, where they turned right and ran down the east hall and finally they made another right and ran down the south hall to where the classroom had been. They were running at top speed so this took them approximately five minutes. As they had been running down the east hall, they saw TC, who had gotten out of Juvenile Detention and was serving his community service hours, sweeping the hallway. Seeing them running, he followed them to the south hall and the classroom.

Sinistral tried the door, but it was locked. They pounded on the door of the classroom, but there was no answer. TC used the key he had been given for cleaning purposes to unlock the door. Going inside, they saw that in the middle of the classroom there was a sliding paneled wall that was currently pulled out, separating the door half of the room from the window half of the room. TC went up to the sliding panels and slid them in, revealing the window half of the room and...nothing?

"But I was sure I saw it..." PG said. Everyone else agreed. Yet the evidence was clear. There was no Dawh (dead or alive), no masked figure, no blood. There was no way the murderer could have moved the body and cleaned up and escaped in the five minutes it took them to run there.

Admitting that the beverages they had been having while playing their game may have influenced their perceptions, PG, Phaze, and Sinistral walked out of the classroom, confused. Y-san hung back. After a few moments, she joined her compatriots in the hallway.

TC yawned and said "Well, my work's done for the night, I'd better get going..."

"Not so fast," Y-san told him. "The only place you're going is back to Juvie. You just committed another murder, and we're all witnesses."

How did he do it? :D

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Someone permenantly arrest Thunderchicken! He's on a killing spree! :o:o:o:o (I'm suprised he hasn't turned on his yak hunt partner yet...pleasantly suprised :D)

I think it has something to do with the sliding door...I suspect something to do with mirrors...<_<

~Kat

Someone permenantly arrest Thunderchicken! He's on a killing spree! :o:o:o:o (I'm suprised he hasn't turned on his yak hunt partner yet...pleasantly suprised :D)

I think it has something to do with the sliding door...I suspect something to do with mirrors...<_<

~Kat

Haha you don't know the half of it Kathleen! :lol: Y-San don't tell her what we were talking about earlier!

OOH I just thought of something. Lets say TC put up some mirrors, making it look like the killing of dawh was in that room, but ACTUALLY it was in the last corrider that they didn't take (the other way), so he took down the mirrors in those five minutes, so they investigated the WRONG ROOM! I hope thats close...

~Kat

Edit: Does that make sense?

Edit2: On second thought, hope thats wrong, so I'm not the next target *gulp*

Edited by Kathleen

~Kat

Haha...actually when I said he needed someone to kill, his first suggestion was you, Kat :P

:o:o:o I NEED THE MEDBOT TO SAVE ME (oh wait, wrong thread :blush:) You would kill me? After all the puzzles we solved? :angry:

So was I close?

~Kat

Lol no Kat! I told you she was lying!

She suggested that she should kill you and I said no!

I said you were just so darn cute and loveable that nobody would want to kill you! ^_^

:o:o:o I NEED THE MEDBOT TO SAVE ME (oh wait, wrong thread :blush:) You would kill me? After all the puzzles we solved? :angry:

So was I close?

~Kat

I offered myself up as his next victim, so no worries. ;)

But anyway, I support you on this mirrors theory, though I'm too tired to figure out the exacts. :wacko:

Lol no Kat! I told you she was lying!

She suggested that she should kill you and I said no!

I said you were just so darn cute and loveable that nobody would want to kill you! ^_^

:blush: Aw, but still, you're a murderer and I don't know if I trust you <_<

~Kat

*Nods* She's got a point...wow, no one else has really answered...does that mean I got it right? :D... :o

~Kat

If you did...well, I'd run if I were you. :o

EDIT: Oh, good. You're safe for now.

Edited by Kay

*Nods* She's got a point...wow, no one else has really answered...does that mean I got it right? :D... :o

~Kat

Well who are you gonna believe?

Someone who keeps trying to say that I've been killing all night.

Or someone who helped you solve the long and arduous Yak Hunt for over two days, and is trying to get you caught up with me in the Philosopher's Puzzle?

:huh:

Thanks for the advice :rolleyes: No one can outrun TC and his lemur speed ;)

Ok, so considering timing, TC sets up mirrors, kills dawh in other hall, runs and flips the mirrors (that wouldn't take THAT long would it?), locks the door and pulls out a broom and waits. Hmm...not much difference...I'll reread the story.

~Kat

Well who are you gonna believe?

Someone who keeps trying to say that I've been killing all night.

Or someone who helped you solve the long and arduous Yak Hunt for over two days, and is trying to get you caught up with me in the Philosopher's Puzzle?

:huh:

Ok, you've got a point, but still, we had the yak hunt but Y-San and I had Mafia IV, so it's rather even B)) Plus you're still a murderer...but you have the cute lemur avatar...AH who do I believe? :huh:

~Kat

Ok, so considering timing, TC sets up mirrors, kills dawh in other hall, runs and flips the mirrors (that wouldn't take THAT long would it?), locks the door and pulls out a broom and waits. Hmm...not much difference...I'll reread the story.

~Kat

Yeah, think about it some more, and your next guess, please use spoilers...>.<

Yeah, think about it some more, and your next guess, please use spoilers...>.<

Right...*headesk* ok SPOILERS

What if the mirrors were on the sliding door? That way he could have just pushed them in in like a second

:P

And since it's not my REAL life on the line, I'm sure being virtually murdered would be fine by me, as long as I still get to try and figure it out!

~Kat

Edit: I'll have to sleep on it, bedtime. Night everyone ^_^

Edited by Kathleen

~Kat

Lol you make me feel like Zaboomafoo or something... :lol: :lol: