BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

After receiving a call from an alarmed neighbor, the C.S.I. team arrives at the scene to find Mekal lying on a lounge chair in his own back yard, dead. “I didn’t hear or see anything suspicious,” said the neighbor who met the agents at the perimeter of the taped-off area. “I thought he was just sunbathing until I noticed that he was turning blue instead of tan.”

The investigators thoroughly examined Mekal and the scene. “Well, I’m baffled!” says one investigator to the other. “There’s absolutely no sign of foul play: the scene is clear, his body appears unharmed, and from what I understand, he was quite a swimmer and was in peak physical condition.”

“I concur,” said the other C.S.I.; “I have absolutely no doubt that the neighbor is telling the truth and I see no evidence that there was anyone else on the property. Heck, except for his tacky swim trunks, I see nothing out of the ordinary here.”

Back at headquarters, the following day, the investigators meet with the Coroner to see if he had uncovered something to solve the mystery of Mekal’s death. “Well, first off,” reported the Coroner, “the toxology report came back clear, and all tissue samples showed nothing irregular except the expected trace amounts of chlorine and sun tan oil...nothing at all harmful.” The Investigators looked at each other and shook their heads in confusion; “Well, what about internally?” they asked.

“That’s where things get interesting,” said the Coroner with a smirk on his face. “The autopsy showed that he did not die of natural causes.” he raised his eyebrows and continued, “In fact, what I found was a little shocking…”

How did Mekal die???

• Answers 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

im sorry... now that i am a ghost i can no longer remember my human experiences... though this is what i think...

CP... after getting frustrated with my over the top spoilers... painted me with extra thick sunblock... suffocating me completely... then dunked me in the pool to get off some of the sunblock...

I like the way you think! BUt with all of that sunblock on, surely her greasy fingerprints would have showed up somewhere at the crime scene. :)

Did he die of old age?

Sorry, natural causes were ruled out a while ago.

In fact...I made a list of everything that was ruled out.

Suicide

Autopsy Death

Electrocution

Asphyxiation via Swim Trunks

Death by 21-spotted aliens

Murder of any kind

Chlorine Allergy

Bleach Poisoning

Mercury Poisoning

Choking via Ice

Choking via Dry Ice

Choking via Bird

Suffocation via Sun Tan Lotion

Poisoning via Tacky Shorts

Terminal Illness

Hypothermia

Heart Failure

Blood-Flow cut off by Speedos.

Embarrassment

Cramps

Algae Poisoning

Brain Aneurism

Fright

Thinking too Hard

Holding his Breath

Painted with Sun block

Old Age

Wow. :lol::o

Sorry, natural causes were ruled out a while ago.

In fact...I made a list of everything that was ruled out.

Suicide

Autopsy Death

Electrocution

Asphyxiation via Swim Trunks

Death by 21-spotted aliens

Murder of any kind

Chlorine Allergy

Bleach Poisoning

Mercury Poisoning

Choking via Ice

Choking via Dry Ice

Choking via Bird

Suffocation via Sun Tan Lotion

Poisoning via Tacky Shorts

Terminal Illness

Hypothermia

Heart Failure

Blood-Flow cut off by Speedos.

Embarrassment

Cramps

Algae Poisoning

Brain Aneurism

Fright

Thinking too Hard

Holding his Breath

Painted with Sun block

Old Age

Wow. :lol::o

What haven't we ruled out? :lol:

~Kat

Edited by Kathleen

I like the way you think! BUt with all of that sunblock on, surely her greasy fingerprints would have showed up somewhere at the crime scene. :)

Hey PG... aren't you braking your promise that you were going to try to break your BD addiction...

wait a sec... i got a new idea...

After trying to break her BD addiction... PG went mad and accidentally killed me by suffocating me with sunblock... then she used a bucket to pour water on me to wipe away all her finger prints.

Actually the hypothermia was an acceptable answer and so was the suffocation via sunblock. Just not Mekal's version of it. She accepted an allergic reaction constricting the airways but it too, was not the one she was looking for...

Did the cops tamper with the crime scene at all?

Did he have so type of fatal reaction with the material of the lounge chair?

Edited by ThunderChicken

The right answer! :P RAT-A-TAT-TAT!

<_< It was just an innocent comment no need to shoot anyone...

~Kat

Edit: Whoa! Brainden is being messed up, nothing shows up the first time :angry:

Edited by Kathleen

...yet poor Mekal still lay there cold and dead. :( Who will solve this mystery??

I gotta hand it to you PG....I think you've managed to stump the entire Brainden community. And quite possibly come up with the strangest method of death we've ever heard of, since none of us seem to be able to think of it.

Hey PG... aren't you braking your promise that you were going to try to break your BD addiction...

wait a sec... i got a new idea...

After trying to break her BD addiction... PG went mad and accidentally killed me by suffocating me with sunblock... then she used a bucket to pour water on me to wipe away all her finger prints.

I have been a good girl and have only been on BD in moderation (less this topic.) B)) Sorry, love, but I did not kill you. I already did that once in Mafia IV - BOOM!

Also, plain old water...even pool water, wouldn't remove oil (it repells it, remember?)

I gotta hand it to you PG....I think you've managed to stump the entire Brainden community. And quite possibly come up with the strangest method of death we've ever heard of, since none of us seem to be able to think of it.

ya, i must have died very oddly... but just a random question...WHY ME!!!!!!! are you still holding a grudge from one of those mafia game? :P

Or

He had an infection from swimmer's ear...

A bug of some kind climbed into his ear and laid a nest in his brain...when the eggs the baby bugs overtook his brain and killed him...

your second answer is closer. although nowhere near correct.

Here's a hint: He died of a likely cause (not bugs invading his brain) and his death DOES have something to do with the fact that he was swimming earlier that day. :D

A bug of some kind climbed into his ear and laid a nest in his brain...when the eggs the baby bugs overtook his brain and killed him...

I was actually thinking...

he ordered the shorts from another country. There was a bug in the packaging that escaped. He accidently swallowed it. Unfortunately, when he digested it, the bug secreted poison that killed him.

Oh, wait, I know...

...HE WAS A MASKED LOVER!!!

(The one that got out of the pool and handed PG the lemonade!!!)

Do I win? :D

I remember that :D we all thought that PG was a masked lover so we lynched her and then..i.....died...............Are you SURE you didn't kill me?

he ordered the shorts from another country. There was a bug in the packaging that escaped. He accidently swallowed it. Unfortunately, when he digested it, the bug secreted poison that killed him.

Doesn't sound like a likely cause, as PG stated...

~Kat

i think that bug-poison would show up in the tox screen though

Here's a hint: He died of a likely cause (not bugs invading his brain) and his death DOES have something to do with the fact that he was swimming earlier that day. :D

Lol

His pool was filled with saltwater instead of chlorine and he had a jellyfish in there as a pet and when he went swimming it stung him

^_^

I know I'm right this time!

He did not die in an absurd way. His cause of death is a medically documented.

EDIT: LOL! TC, you might consider getting some sleep...I think you're starting to go a little loony! :D

Edited by puzzlegirl

what to know what i really hate... well even if you dont here it is... i really hate it when someone gives you a clue that doesn't help you at all...

Edited by Mekal

I remember that :D we all thought that PG was a masked lover so we lynched her and then..i.....died...............Are you SURE you didn't kill me?

Aw poor Mekal how many times have you died in this forum?

Seems like a lot I think you should lay low for a while.