BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

After receiving a call from an alarmed neighbor, the C.S.I. team arrives at the scene to find Mekal lying on a lounge chair in his own back yard, dead. “I didn’t hear or see anything suspicious,” said the neighbor who met the agents at the perimeter of the taped-off area. “I thought he was just sunbathing until I noticed that he was turning blue instead of tan.”

The investigators thoroughly examined Mekal and the scene. “Well, I’m baffled!” says one investigator to the other. “There’s absolutely no sign of foul play: the scene is clear, his body appears unharmed, and from what I understand, he was quite a swimmer and was in peak physical condition.”

“I concur,” said the other C.S.I.; “I have absolutely no doubt that the neighbor is telling the truth and I see no evidence that there was anyone else on the property. Heck, except for his tacky swim trunks, I see nothing out of the ordinary here.”

Back at headquarters, the following day, the investigators meet with the Coroner to see if he had uncovered something to solve the mystery of Mekal’s death. “Well, first off,” reported the Coroner, “the toxology report came back clear, and all tissue samples showed nothing irregular except the expected trace amounts of chlorine and sun tan oil...nothing at all harmful.” The Investigators looked at each other and shook their heads in confusion; “Well, what about internally?” they asked.

“That’s where things get interesting,” said the Coroner with a smirk on his face. “The autopsy showed that he did not die of natural causes.” he raised his eyebrows and continued, “In fact, what I found was a little shocking…”

How did Mekal die???

• Answers 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That's awesome! However, that's more likely to affect his sex life than actually kill him. :P

Someone has already suggested that anyways...

It wasn't really Mekal! xD

It was an imposter that just looked like him.

Edited by ThunderChicken

Ooh! How about...

He ate and didn't wait an hour after eating. Everyone knows that causes ill effects...

:P

~Kat

Edit: After, not before :P

Edited by Kathleen

the neighbor was a good liar, drowned mikal and then pulled him out of the pool and put him in the lounge chair.

Lol I already suggested that one too...

Two reasons that wouldn't work.

1) There were no tracks leading to his body and

2) There was no foul play

Lol I already suggested that one too...

Two reasons that wouldn't work.

1) There were no tracks leading to his body and

2) There was no foul play

LOL! Thanks, TC, now you're shooting people down on my behalf! :D

Lol I didn't wanna get shot anymore so I decided I would be the shooter from now on ^_^

By the way was my answer plausible?

oops, sorry. No, not an imposter. This is the real Mekal, in real human flesh...no preservatives added.

And, he didn't eat too much, or get the cramps, or get the bends for that matter. And, no, as silly looking as Speedos are, he didn't die of embarassment. :)

As he lies back he yawns... a really big bird flew over and mikal got it right down the throat and choked to death

Edit: TC stop shootin at me :)

Edited by Justsnapd8

When you said "found was quite shocking" I sensed an inteded pun in "Shocking." Having had a pool for some time I know the importance of "Shocking" your pool for algae. Deadly algae is pretty rare, but not impossible. So Mekal forgot to properly maintain the pH is his pool, and deadly algae developed. Thinking nothing of he, he swallowed some water here and there, got out to take a little rest, and the deadly algae released their deadly toxins. I know it stated the toxology report came back negative, but I am not sure on the procedure for a toxology and/ or what all parts of the body are scanned. So this is my best guess.

Wait, so he did die in his backyard? That's for certain?

He did not die from thinking too hard. He did not die from a brain anuerism. He did not die of fright.

He did die while laying comfortably in his lounge chair, in his own back yard.

When you said "found was quite shocking" I sensed an inteded pun in "Shocking." Having had a pool for some time I know the importance of "Shocking" your pool for algae. Deadly algae is pretty rare, but not impossible. So Mekal forgot to properly maintain the pH is his pool, and deadly algae developed. Thinking nothing of he, he swallowed some water here and there, got out to take a little rest, and the deadly algae released their deadly toxins. I know it stated the toxology report came back negative, but I am not sure on the procedure for a toxology and/ or what all parts of the body are scanned. So this is my best guess.

PG said that there was no pun intended for the word 'Shocking'.

She actually meant that it was a surprise for the Coroner.

SHOT ANOTHER ONE DOWN!

lets see... so far i am a Alien Cat merman thats allergic to suntan oil and chlorine... oh oh!!! don't forget that i am no longer able to have kids... :P

anyway... wait a second... how am i talking... I AM TALKING FROM THE GRAVE!!! NOBODY CAN HEAR ME!!! well... while i am in this state of eternal condiment... i would like to say that you are all bozo's for letting me die... JK :P

Edited by Mekal

Okay, I'm going to just recap what I've read.

- He did not die of natural causes.

- He did not die of foul play.

- There were no external marks.

- The tox screen was negative.

- He is human.

- "Shocking" is not a pun.

- His swimsuit is not committing any crime but one of fashion.

- Mekal is reading this thread and refuses to tell us how he died.

lets see... so far i am a cat merman thats allergic to suntan oil and chlorine... oh oh!!! don't forget that i am no longer able to have kids... :P

anyway... wait a second... how am i talking... I AM TALKING FROM THE GRAVE!!! NOBODY CAN HEAR ME!!! well... while i am in this state of eternal condiment... i would like to say that you are all bozo's for letting me die... JK :P

tsk tsk (channeling my inner unreality)...messing up the color-codes again...

lets see... so far i am a Alien Cat merman thats allergic to suntan oil and chlorine... oh oh!!! don't forget that i am no longer able to have kids... :P

Holy crap Mekal that was hilarious!

I'm trying my best to figure out how you died though buddy!

PG is no help though...

Mekal:lol:
He wanted to go swimming really bad and he wasnt allowed with the lotion on. So he started pouting and said he would hold his breath until he turns blue if they don't let him swim, so he died.???

Lol...but that's not physically possible...he would pass out and his body would resume natural breathing functions...

resouceful thinking! but no. :P

And, YES, Mekal had been swimming earlier that day. Kudos for asking a good question, TC!

Okay, I'm going to just recap what I've read.

- He did not die of natural causes.

- He did not die of foul play.

- There were no external marks.

- The tox screen was negative.

- He is human.

- "Shocking" is not a pun.

- His swimsuit is not committing any crime but one of fashion.

- Mekal is reading this thread and refuses to tell us how he died.

im sorry... now that i am a ghost i can no longer remember my human experiences... though this is what i think...

CP... after getting frustrated with my over the top spoilers... painted me with extra thick sunblock... suffocating me completely... then dunked me in the pool to get off some of the sunblock...

Edited by Mekal