BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

After receiving a call from an alarmed neighbor, the C.S.I. team arrives at the scene to find Mekal lying on a lounge chair in his own back yard, dead. “I didn’t hear or see anything suspicious,” said the neighbor who met the agents at the perimeter of the taped-off area. “I thought he was just sunbathing until I noticed that he was turning blue instead of tan.”

The investigators thoroughly examined Mekal and the scene. “Well, I’m baffled!” says one investigator to the other. “There’s absolutely no sign of foul play: the scene is clear, his body appears unharmed, and from what I understand, he was quite a swimmer and was in peak physical condition.”

“I concur,” said the other C.S.I.; “I have absolutely no doubt that the neighbor is telling the truth and I see no evidence that there was anyone else on the property. Heck, except for his tacky swim trunks, I see nothing out of the ordinary here.”

Back at headquarters, the following day, the investigators meet with the Coroner to see if he had uncovered something to solve the mystery of Mekal’s death. “Well, first off,” reported the Coroner, “the toxology report came back clear, and all tissue samples showed nothing irregular except the expected trace amounts of chlorine and sun tan oil...nothing at all harmful.” The Investigators looked at each other and shook their heads in confusion; “Well, what about internally?” they asked.

“That’s where things get interesting,” said the Coroner with a smirk on his face. “The autopsy showed that he did not die of natural causes.” he raised his eyebrows and continued, “In fact, what I found was a little shocking…”

How did Mekal die???

• Answers 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well, I suppose the ice theory would work if he happened to be carrying a piece of ice in his mouth when he sat down. But wouldn't the dry ice burn his mouth and throat?

Well, I was going for the burning his internal organs...it said there was something "shocking" internally...lol, scientists know many interesting ways of killing ppl...;P

His sunbathing oil drip together with his sweat on the nose. Stuck the nose and cause his death. :P

or maybe the oil plugged up his nose and the dry ice fused his lips together so he suffocated!!!! OR NOT! :lol:

His 'tacky' shorts might have had poison on them that ended up seeping into his body through the pores in his skin?

Don't forget that tox showed nothing suspicious. Also, the use of "shocking" implies absolutely nothing other than that the Coroner was surprised by his findings.

You guys are narrowing things down! Keep guessing!! :D

Did he have cancer and ended up dying while he was out sunbathing? Or some other terminal illness nobody knew about?

nope. as far as I know, cancer, along with other diseases, is considered a "natural cause"...also, he was in "peak condition."

Don't forget that tox showed nothing suspicious. Also, the use of "shocking" implies absolutely nothing other than that the Coroner was surprised by his findings.

You guys are narrowing things down! Keep guessing!! :D

Oh, he was having puppies! That would be surprising...:P

Oh, wait, you already said he didn't...darn, and I was so sure I had it that time! :rolleyes:

winter? Did he freeze to death?

Wow! I totally hadn't thought of that, but I suppose that could be an acceptable answer. Hmmmm...except that the investigators probably would have noticed that right away, don't you think? Plus, the Coroner found nothing external (like frozen body parts :) )

his pacemaker short circuited...that'd be shocking.

Nope. Remember...peak physical condition (that statement includes the implication that he did not have a heart condition :) )

EDIT: clarification

Edited by puzzlegirl

Ok so it must have had something to do with the neighbor then... Or possibly the shorts but I think you've ruled those out by now...

So what could the neighbor have done to him?

Ok so it must have had something to do with the neighbor then... Or possibly the shorts but I think you've ruled those out by now...

So what could the neighbor have done to him?

There was no foul play.

'tacky' could mean his swim trucks were sticky, so whatever substance was on them got in his system and killed him

Tox screen was negative...

Sorry about that but I already tried it ^_^

OMG PG I HATE YOU STOP SHOOTING DOWN OUR SUGGESTIONS!

Lol just kidding it's a challenge... I like it.

Was he allergic to anything or something?

RAT-A-TAT-TAT!! <-- that's me shooting with one of those old-time gangster guns.

Anyhow, the allergy thing is actually pretty brilliant. I hadn't thought of that at all, but I suppose if he were allergic to the sun tan oil, or possibly the smell of fresh-cut grass or something, his throat could have closed up and he could have suffocated...leaving no external signs. Good thinking!!

Now...keep trying for the intended answer! ;)

If he was turning blue then something had to have constricted his airways right?

Or when the neighbor said he was turning blue was it just a metaphor for him being dead?

What the neighbor saw was his body turn blue from having been dead for a period. If he wasn't able to breath, his lips would turn blue and his face would turn white...the rest of his body would not be affected by this (until he was dead, of course.)

RAT-A-TAT-TAT!

Oh, wait...

He's a fish or a merman! Hehe...would explain his avatar...

Good one. But in this senerio, Mekal is 100% human...not a sea creature, not an alien, not a manequin. A normal, healthy guy...with bad taste in swimwear.

EDIT: his tacky style has nothing to do with his death.

Edited by puzzlegirl

Good one. But in this senerio, Mekal is 100% human...not a sea creature, not an alien, not a manequin. A normal, healthy guy...with bad taste in swimwear.

EDIT: his tacky style has nothing to do with his death.

Well dang that ruins my next suggestion.

It had something to do with Mekal being a cat...

What the neighbor saw was his body turn blue from having been dead for a period. If he wasn't able to breath, his lips would turn blue and his face would turn white...the rest of his body would not be affected by this (until he was dead, of course.)

RAT-A-TAT-TAT!

STOP SHOOTING ME DANGIT!

Lol ^_^