BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

One of my friends sent this to me yesterday and I can't seem to figure it out. So help me please :P

"Congresswoman Smith opened the Post and saw that a bean-counting scandal had been leaked to the press. Outraged, Smith immediately called an emergency meeting with the five other members of the Special Congressional Scandal Committee, the busiest committee on Capitol Hill.

Once they were all assembled in Smith's office, Smith declared, "As incredible as it sounds, I know that three of you always tell the truth. So now I'm asking all of you, Who spilled the beans to the press?"

Congressman Schlocke spoke up, "It was either Wind or Pocket."

Congressman Wind, outraged, shouted, "Either Slie nor I leaked the scandal."

Congressman Pocket then chimed in, "Well both of you are lying!"

This provoked Congressman Greede to say, "Actually, I know that one of them is lying and the other is telling the truth."

Finally, Congressman Slie, with steadfast eyes, stated, "No, Greede, that is not true."

Assuming that Congresswoman Smith's first declaration is true, can you determine who spilled the beans?"

6 answers to this question

Congressman Wind, outraged, shouted, "Either Slie nor I leaked the scandal."

i don't understand what you mean by the bit in bold. By "Either Slie nor I leaked the scandal", do you mean "Neither Slie nor I leaked the scandal" or "Either Slie or I leaked the scandal"

i don't understand what you mean by the bit in bold. By "Either Slie nor I leaked the scandal", do you mean "Neither Slie nor I leaked the scandal" or "Either Slie or I leaked the scandal"

Neither Slie nor I leaked the scandal. Sorry about that!

The answer is Pocket.

The 3 congressmen speaking truth are:

Scholke, Wind and Slie. All other combinations contradict each other. You will never get 3 Truths.

So, Scholke says either Wind or Pocket leaked and he is right.

Wind says neither Slie nor he leaked. Which is also true.

From this we can conclude Pocket leaked the truth. Slie's statement helps us in proving that Greede is not telling the truth.