BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Posting one more, because mylast two wre solved in a matter of minutes

Mind Trap #494 - Blind Shooter

Question:

Dee Septor, the famous magician, was bragging about his markmanship. He claimed to be able to hang up his hat, walk 50 metres blindfolded, then turn and shoot a bullet right through his hat. Since Dee Septor could not see through the blindfold, how could he manage this feat?

**ADDITION**

Remembering where the hat is and shooting, or, praticing many time to aim with blindfolded; are not involved in the solution.

You may ask yes/no question, not twice in a row..

Hopefully this one is not solved in a minute or two.. good luck

19 answers to this question

Question:

Dee Septor, the famous magician, was bragging about his markmanship. He claimed to be able to hang up his hat, walk 50 metres blindfolded, then turn and shoot a bullet right through his hat. Since Dee Septor could not see through the blindfold, how could he manage this feat?

**ADDITION**

Remembering where the hat is and shooting, or, praticing many time to aim with blindfolded; are not involved in the solution.

He takes his blindfold off before shooting.

However, depending on the kind of gun you're using, hitting a hat at 50m is not a gimme. He might also not walk those 50m in one straight line - ie, he walks around his hat in a circle.

He takes his blindfold off before shooting.

However, depending on the kind of gun you're using, hitting a hat at 50m is not a gimme. He might also not walk those 50m in one straight line - ie, he walks around his hat in a circle.

You have some good concepts there however the correect answer is HoustonHokie

Okay, it's been almost 10 minutes, and I'm not sure I've got this right anyway.

did he hang his hat on the end of his gun?

Your good at these? Correct once again..

I give in for the night.. Im starting to wonder if there are any question which will last a day or two.. I might have try making some up. :D

Maybe another hat...both belong to him but not necessarily the hat he hung up...just a thought

Question:

**ADDITION**

Maybe the hat is on the gun??

He hung his hat on a strong magnet and shot a bullet of corresponding valence.

I love this.. You deserve some points for it..

[taliesin:Added spoiler]

Could it be that he hung his hat on the end of his gun?

Correct however you should have used a spoiler, so everyone else reading doesnt see the answer,,

He could have also picked up the hat rack and brought it and the hat with him as he paced off the 50 meters.

This is another super cleaver answer

Maybe another hat...both belong to him but not necessarily the hat he hung up...just a thought

2hats, not a bad idea.

if my answer is true...I hope the crowd stood clear of his shooting...

it was a shotgun, he didn't need to aim so much better than the general direction!

Love it.

I just found the use of the "red quote button" at the bottom of the posts :D

There is a gun rigged to Hatrack with a 50 m string attached to the trigger.

Septor walks 50 M and yanks on the string.

Alternatively he could have the gun discharged by remote control aka Bruce Willis in The Jackal

There is a gun rigged to Hatrack with a 50 m string attached to the trigger.

Septor walks 50 M and yanks on the string.

Alternatively he could have the gun discharged by remote control aka Bruce Willis in The Jackal

String.. remote.. Like it..

Im going to suggest the hat was 25metres big, which you could shoot and no chance at missing

Question:

**ADDITION**

He walked 50 meters, taking his hat (and whatever it was hung on) 50 meters with him, then holding it in his hand, shot a hole through it.

Sorry about getting the last 2 too quickly :(

Sorry about getting the last 2 too quickly :(

He walked 50 meters, taking his hat (and whatever it was hung on) 50 meters with him, then holding it in his hand, shot a hole through it.

No probs.. I have about 400 more.. some are already posted though! It get a little annoying when it takes longer for my to type them out than it takes you guys to answer them. lol

Edited by taliesin

No probs.. I have about 400 more.. some are already posted though! It get a little annoying when it takes longer for my to type them out than it takes you guys to answer them. lol

A scanner with OCR might help you.