BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

M4F14-7

Yoruichi-san

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and the Mutant immunity to QA rule until Zero leaves the game still applies...don't complain without understanding the rules :P

Lol, I didn't know that I didn't understand.

As we had discussed, I am always, with no exception, considered as "Mimic" to the non-QA spy roles, so I figured that I was also considered "Mimic" when it came to fulfilling my objective. It just kinda made sense that my role wouldn't randomly change what I am considered to be, depending on the other role that I was interacting with :P Otherwise I wouldn't have targeted TC myself.

Oh well, with half of the baddies gone and something like 3/5 of my near-impossible win objectives gone along with it, my chances now are slim-to-none for winning.

Innocents, if you can't find anyone better to lynch today, go ahead and kill me.

Edited by Brandonb

Lol, I didn't know that I didn't understand.

As we had discussed, I am always, with no exception, considered as "Mimic" to the non-QA spy roles, so I figured that I was also considered "Mimic" when it came to fulfilling my objective. It just kinda made sense :P Otherwise I wouldn't have targeted TC myself.

Oh well, with half of the baddies gone and something like 3/5 of my near-impossible win objectives gone along with it, my chances now are slim-to-none for winning.

Innocents, if you can't find anyone better to lynch today, go ahead and kill me.

Well, for the Mimic:

(more of the rules)

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven). The Mimic cannot be killed the first night.

Clarifications:

The Mimic steals role abilities, not roles, so it will show up as "Mimic" to discovery roles. If the Mimic kills a QA, then he is counted in the # of QAs the next night and must reach majority to kill. When the Mimic uses a kill ability that it stole, it doesn't get to steal the role ability since the steal role abilities ability is part of the Mimic's kill ability, not part of the kill ability of the person it stole from.

If the Mimic kills a QA they get the QA target/kill ability, which is under the restriction that the Mutant is invulnerable to them while Zero is still in the game. The Mimic's kill ability only allows it to kill on odd nights. To be able to kill on even nights, the Mimic needs to steal a kill ability. The abilities it steals work exactly the same way they do for the person the Mimic stole it from, i.e., if it stole the Thief's steal ability, it wouldn't work on the Space Agent either. So when the Mimic steals a QA's kill ability, it can't kill the Mutant unless Zero is dead.

Edit: Grrrr...all follows very logically from the rules...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

A very interesting turn of events ... feel sorry for TC (maybe because of his big sad eyes) ... We had to lose a saving role because he was setting himself up for it and so all the baddies went after him :(

Hmm, though the M4F14 can confirm GC as the Space Agent (if they care to, :P ) I have my doubts right now. Admittedly, no one else has claimed that role yet, but maybe he picked the role of someone who's less than active in the game (only time will tell, I guess.)

Does claiming a role prove that you are telling the truth ???

So then I AM a QA (or whatever role I steal) until the next odd night. B/C the mutant is immune to QAs... not "QA abilities" and whatnot. If that was the case, then the Mafia, nor Zero, nor myself (the mimic) would be allowed to kill the mutant because "Killing" is a QA ability.

I know it's too late to go back on the night post now... but that was a waste of my kill. How was I supposed to know that my role will be observed differently when interacting with different roles?

Edit: I'm still for trying to complete the Zero objective and all, but maybe in the next game it would be a good idea to include what the interaction rules are going to be between the Mimic and every other role depending on what role has been stolen...

It's only a list of about 210 different interactions. <_<

Edited by Brandonb

Does claiming a role prove that you are telling the truth ???

No, it doesn't. That was my point. No one else has claimed the role besides GC, but that doesn't mean that he's telling the truth. I'd like to wait before passing judgment one way or the other on onetruth; there's still plenty of time.

Well, for the Mimic:

(more of the rules)

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven). The Mimic cannot be killed the first night.

Clarifications:

The Mimic steals role abilities, not roles, so it will show up as "Mimic" to discovery roles. If the Mimic kills a QA, then he is counted in the # of QAs the next night and must reach majority to kill. When the Mimic uses a kill ability that it stole, it doesn't get to steal the role ability since the steal role abilities ability is part of the Mimic's kill ability, not part of the kill ability of the person it stole from.

If the Mimic kills a QA they get the QA target/kill ability, which is under the restriction that the Mutant is invulnerable to them while Zero is still in the game. The Mimic's kill ability only allows it to kill on odd nights. To be able to kill on even nights, the Mimic needs to steal a kill ability. The abilities it steals work exactly the same way they do for the person the Mimic stole it from, i.e., if it stole the Thief's steal ability, it wouldn't work on the Space Agent either. So when the Mimic steals a QA's kill ability, it can't kill the Mutant unless Zero is dead.

So it implies that Mimic knows who Phaze is ... and the role of Phaze is not revealed to others but is alive temporarily in the game - as long as Mimic has his abilities ???

Clarification needed : How long does this new ability last ???

So then I AM a QA (or whatever role I steal) until the next odd night. B/C the mutant is immune to QAs... not "QA abilities" and whatnot. If that was the case, then the Mafia, nor Zero, nor myself (the mimic) would be allowed to kill the mutant because "Killing" is a QA ability.

I know it's too late to go back on the night post now... but that was a waste of my kill. How was I supposed to know that my role will be observed differently when interacting with different roles?

Edit: I'm still for trying to complete the Zero objective and all, but maybe in the next game it would be a good idea to include what the interaction rules are going to be between the Mimic and every other role depending on what role has been stolen...

It's only a list of about 210 different interactions.

Okay, the MIMIC ROLE DOESN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO KILL ON EVEN NIGHTS. It only gets to kill using a stolen kill ability. I made it very clear that the QA kill ability is under the same restriction of having a majority to kill, and I guess I should have stated that it is also under the restriction of not being able to kill the Mutant unless Zero is dead as well, and I apologize for not doing so, but I thought it followed very logically from my role descriptions, which describe the Mimic stealing "kill abilities", instead of saying the Mimic got its victim's ability to kill. I was thinking of particular "kill abilities" the same way as particular "spy abilities", i.e. the UH's spy ability works differently than the Mengalabot's than the EMF's. The same way, the QA's kill ability works differently from Zero's and the M4F14's.

The Mimic's role is not observed differently, it is just the Mimic. The abilities it steals and uses work exactly the same way for the Mimic as they would for the original role, and are under the same restrictions, including the kill abilities.

Alright?

Edit: Emphasis. A lot of it. >.<

Edited by Yoruichi-san

The Mimic's role is not observed differently, it is just the Mimic. The abilities it steals and uses work exactly the same way for the Mimic as they would for the original role, and are under the same restrictions, including the kill abilities. Alright?

The Mimic gets both the Abilities AND the Restrictions associated with the role of it's victim. Got it. ;)

CP, I agree that we should kill a known baddie today, but the only one we are sure about is Brandonb. Since he is a QA, that gives him the ability to kill (although I think he could kill tonight as the mimic anyway), so I say our focus should be on him. Is onetruth confirmed to be a QA? What other evidence are you going off of to vote for onetruth?

Host AIs: Y-S4N and L1S

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken - DEAD [?] (killed by...Everyone???)

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter voting for onetruth

8) GC

9) Nayana

10) Slickster - DEAD [bioEnginner] (killed by M4F14)

11) Dusty - voting for brandonb

12) Dawh

13) Sinistral - DEAD [?] (killed by Zero)

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

17) Phaze - DEAD [?] (killed by Mimic)

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb

20) Joe's Student

Sorry for breakin the one-post after death rule...

Haha! I knew BB was a baddie all along! B))

You can't try to sneak past me BB! Even though like 7 people tried to kill me on the same night...

CP, I agree that we should kill a known baddie today, but the only one we are sure about is Brandonb.

Well, before you jump on the "lets kill Brandonb" bandwagon again, remember, tonight I need to try to kill a baddie. So if you lynch me, then it will be as bad as trying to lynch Seven.

It seems that the "lynch me if you have to" strategy seems to have possibly worked. Recall what I said before... Only baddies will want to lynch me today.... (especially without checking for other possibilities) B))

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty - voting for brandonb

12) Dawh

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb - voting for Dusty

20) Joe's Student

Edited by Brandonb

Well, before you jump on the "lets kill Brandonb" bandwagon again, remember, tonight I need to try to kill a baddie. So if you lynch me, then it will be as bad as trying to lynch Seven.

It seems that the "lynch me if you have to" strategy seems to have possibly worked. Recall what I said before... Only baddies will want to lynch me today.... (especially without checking for other possibilities) B))

It was my impression that once you killed a baddie, you were that baddie until you fulfilled that role. Since you were lucky and killed a baddie (QA) on the first night, you're a QA for the rest of the game with the goal that the QA had. If I'm wrong, I agree with your strategy and will change my vote; however, if you are maintaining the QA's goal, then you're going to be targeting innocents, and therefore it's advantageous to airlock you.

EDIT: changed lynch to airlock.

Edited by dusty_b109

and it's not "jumping on the bandwagon" if I'm the first to vote for you with a relevant reason, is it?

First, I do not maintain the QA goal till the end of the game, I only maintain the goal through the following night.

Second, I wasn't referring to you, I was addressing everyone else to not jump on the bandwagon. Of course it's not a bandwagon if you're the first to vote :P I just want to make sure no one else does.

Third, your reason is not relevant, and has been addressed many times. So many times in fact, that I think your explanation about not knowing how my role works is just an act because you have now been found out as being a baddie.

Also, if Brandonb is now a "QA" is he vulnerable to the mad scientists laser ray thingy?

Or the mad scientist could also go after onetruth who many are speculating is a QA, and another bad-gal is dead that way...

It was my impression that once you killed a baddie, you were that baddie until you fulfilled that role. Since you were lucky and killed a baddie (QA) on the first night, you're a QA for the rest of the game with the goal that the QA had. If I'm wrong, I agree with your strategy and will change my vote; however, if you are maintaining the QA's goal, then you're going to be targeting innocents, and therefore it's advantageous to airlock you.

EDIT: changed lynch to airlock.

The Mimic steals role abilities, not roles. Our discussion earlier was about how the role abilities it steals have the same restrictions for the Mimic that it did for the original role. But the Mimic is always the Mimic, it just gets to use other roles' abilities.

Also, if Brandonb is now a "QA" is he vulnerable to the mad scientists laser ray thingy?

Or the mad scientist could also go after onetruth who many are speculating is a QA, and another bad-gal is dead that way...

The Mimic is never anything but the Mimic. If the UH or any other role with a spy ability (like the Mengalabot) spied on the Mimic, it would come up "Mimic".

Like Sylar is always Sylar, he just steals ppl's powers by eating their brains...XP

The Mimic steals role abilities, not roles. Our discussion earlier was about how the role abilities it steals have the same restrictions for the Mimic that it did for the original role. But the Mimic is always the Mimic, it just gets to use other roles' abilities.

got it. Thanks! I didn't get that from the earlier clarification :huh: . sorry

so as promised, I will change my vote to onetruth, the other suspected baddie...

But my above question still stands, if the mimic takes the role's abilities, do they get the same vulnerabilities, i.e. in that example, would the mad-scientist be able to kill him?

Thank you for being patient with the many questions on roles and rules. As some have changed, and some remained very similar to Mafia, you can understand how people who played Mafia before can get a bit confused...

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty - voting for onetruth

12) Dawh

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb - voting for Dusty

20) Joe's Student

The Mimic is never anything but the Mimic. If the UH or any other role with a spy ability (like the Mengalabot) spied on the Mimic, it would come up "Mimic".

Like Sylar is always Sylar, he just steals ppl's powers by eating their brains...XP

You tell us not to do nonsense posts, and now you're making Heroes references? <_<

got it. Thanks! I didn't get that from the earlier clarification :huh: . sorry

so as promised, I will change my vote to onetruth, the other suspected baddie...

But my above question still stands, if the mimic takes the role's abilities, do they get the same vulnerabilities, i.e. in that example, would the mad-scientist be able to kill him?

Thank you for being patient with the many questions on roles and rules. As some have changed, and some remained very similar to Mafia, you can understand how people who played Mafia before can get a bit confused...

It's okay, I'd rather ppl ask questions than make assumptions...what CP said earlier ;P

The Mad Scientist kills QAs. That is the Mad Scientist's ability and has nothing to do with any QA abilities, so since the Mimic is not a QA from a different time-space, the Mad Scientist can't disrupt its particles ;)

You tell us not to do nonsense posts, and now you're making Heroes references? <_<

Lol...I was clarifying a question about how the role works, and I used the reference as an example (for ppl who knew what the reference was). I guess I could also use Rogue of the X-men as an example of how the role works.

And no one said you couldn't add a little humor to your posts...(as long as their main purpose is non-nonsense) ;P