BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

M4F14-7

Yoruichi-san

It will be impossible to prove Bb's guilt or he, his innocence. "Innocent until proven guilty" ;)

Remember thereare a lotof informative roles in play. They all know some information about who is evil and who is good. If only we knew whom they are..

Remember there is always someone who knows something more they you do ( unless you are a super uber AI controling god bot)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been asleep for a few hours and in that time Brandonb is big favourite to be lynched. I am going to keep my vote with clueless UNLESS someone gives evidence to change to Bb or someone else (i think vooting for Bb because of his avatar is a bit weak).

O turns out i wont be back for around 14 hours so i wont be able to change my vote. One thing i will say is im certainly suspicious of Dawh now. but im not going to vote for him yet as he doesn't have a means of defending himself BUT if there is one less Mafia/QA/Mimic/Zero there tonight we can gauge something...

Ciao for now! Hope Bb or whoever else that gets lynched is not an innocent! :wacko:

Edit: Missing word

Edited by Joe's Student

Have been asleep for a few hours and in that time Brandonb is big favourite to be lynched. I am going to keep my vote with clueless UNLESS someone gives evidence to change to Bb or someone else (i think vooting for Bb because of his avatar is a bit weak).

O turns out i wont be back for around 14 hours so i wont be able to change my vote. One thing i will say is im certainly suspicious of Dawh now. but im not going to vote for him yet as he doesn't have a means of defending himself BUT if there is one less Mafia/QA/Mimic/Zero there tonight we can gauge something...

Ciao for now! Hope Bb or whoever else that gets lynched is not an innocent! :wacko:

Edit: Missing word

I wont be back for 17 hours, sleep and work.. etc. I am curious to what pan out. I might sneak a peak at work if you dont tell my boss.

This is a bad infoluance on me!

Nice accusation, even though several people voted for you before TC did. Interesting that you would choose only 2 people to point out, when the majority are voting for you, and not just 2 people. It is that distortion of the truth that convinces me that my vote is probably a darn good one.

Nice way to play it passive, though. Good strategy. ;)

Way to misdirect people, AGAIN, and ignore the point I was making. You and TC have been the two people pushing the vote against me. Nevermind the other people who have been voting, they are just going blindly by the effort of you two against me. You also, again, ignore that I am making lie detectable statements, there hasn't been a single other active person in this game to do that. I have done everything that I can (aside from coming out with my role) that can prove that I am out to kill the baddies. Oh well. It's too late now for people to begin to change their votes. Looks like I'm a goner b/c of the Avatar, when all of my good ant true efforts have been hastily and deliberately ignored.

I guess I can come out with my role now. I am a role that was independent, though now it's lame b/c I'm aligned with the baddies. Even though I am supposed to hunt and kill the baddies. I am the Mimic, my objective is to kill baddies and try to complete their objective. This means that I am "technically" a baddie once I kill a baddie. I can be massively beneficial to the innocents, but my goal is an independent one. So look at me like a baddie if you want to, but you're losing a great weapon against the real baddies. <_<

Host AIs: Y-S4N and L1S

Roster:

1) Frozen - voting for Brandonb

2) Mekal - voting for Nayana

3) ThunderChicken- voting for Brandonb

4) onetruth - voting for Brandonb

5) twoaday

6) Kat - voting for- Brandonb

7) Crazypainter - voting for Kat

8) GC - voting for TC

9) Nayana - voting for Crazypainter

10) Slickster - DEAD [bioEngineer] (killed by M4F14)

11) Dusty - voting for Brandonb

12) Dawh - cannot vote

13) Clueless

14) taliesin - voting for Dawh

15) woon - voting for Brandonb

16) Ben Law - Dawh

17) Phaze - DEAD [?] (killed by Mimic)

18) SoKrisky- voting for Brandonb

19) Brandonb - voting for Dusty

20) Joe's Student - voting for Clueless

He is making me so confused... if this continues for the rest of the game im gonna blow my head off. :wacko:

Edit:Grammar

Edited by SoKrisky

Roster:

1) Frozen - voting for Dawh

2) Mekal

5) twoaday

8) GC - voting for TC

12) Dawh - cannot vote

13) Clueless

16) Ben Law - Dawh

Mekal wanted his vote removed..., just throwing that out there. I just woke up from a very bad sleep. I read an article on heart attacks and lightning strikes just before bed. :o I'm going to remove my vote for now. I just have a feeling that Brandonb's innocent. I'm going to vote for dawh... maybe the CD removed him for a reason. <_<

Edit: Just saw his statement... I'm slightly more convinced. :lol:

Edited by frozen_in_fire

OK, I have decided that it's a good idea if everyone goes ahead and lynches me. The baddies are too afraid of the Mimic to let me live, and because I came out with my role I would be targeted tonight anyway (instead of an innocent). Since I'll be dead either way, and many of you weren't reasoning very well, I guess it's better off if an innocent dies tonight instead of me.

Oh yeah, BTW, I wasn't lying when I was saying those things about Phaze's role earlier. Phaze was a mafioso, in particular, he was the Mengalabot. I know this because tonight I would be able to spy a faction AND kill. I targeted him because I saw right through his plan (why didn't anyone else?). So, with that in mind, please take a look at the quote below.

Everything I'm looking at points to phaze being an innocent. I don't buy Brandon's argument that only a mafioso would claim to be mafia

There was absolutely nothing that could possibly construe Phaze as an innocent. However, Onetruth IMMEDIATELY attacked me and came to the aid of Phaze, saying that he couldn't be a baddie. Why? Because Onetruth, as I said, is one of the M4F14. I also believe that TC is the other one. So, because some of the innocents have done me so wrong, I'll go ahead and instruct the QAs to KILL THUNDER CHICKEN TONIGHT so they can meet up.

So good news and bad news and bad news and more bad news.

Good news- The innocents now have plenty of evidence to take out a baddie in the lynching tomorrow (OneTruth)

Bad News- Since I (a very beneficial role for the innocents) am going to be lynched, an innocent will be killed instead tonight. (b/c if you hadn't noticed, I was the other target for the QAs, so they were going to take me out whether or not I had come out with my role).

Bad News- The QAs are still going to get to meet up.

Bad News- Zero attacks tonight, and will be after the unprotected #7. Because I came out with my role, Zero would more than likely target me instead. Oh well, I tried to help the innocents, but the baddies and terrible reasoning got the best of you :P

Well I'm out, and I'm neutral, so I'm not really going to cheer anyone on with my final words. :P

Changed my vote to Brandon. Sorry, mate! :P

Roster:

2) Mekal

5) twoaday

8) GC - voting for Brandonb

12) Dawh - cannot vote

13) Clueless

16) Ben Law - Dawh

I still think he could be an innocent. But if he is the mimic as he claims to be, it's even more dangerous for us to let him live. Let us assume that Phaze was the Mengalabot, and Brandon can spy and kill using the identity. What is the condition for the mimic(Mengalabot) alias Brandon to win? As far as I can comprehend, if he spies on an innocent and kills him/her/it , he wins, right? It's not possible for him to be a mafioso perennially or can he?

MG/LIS, am I right in saying that the Mimic wins if the above condition is satisfied? Even if it isn't satisfied, I am keeping my vote on Brandon. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Colour catastrophe :P

I still think he could be an innocent. But if he is the mimic as he claims to be, it's even more dangerous for us to let him live. Let us assume that Phaze was the Mengalabot, and Brandon can spy and kill using the identity. What is the condition for the mimic(Mengalabot) alias Brandon to win? As far as I can comprehend, if he spies on an innocent and kills him/her/it , he wins, right? It's not possible for him to be a mafioso perennially or can he?

MG/LIS, am I right in saying that the Mimic wins if the above condition is satisfied? Even if it isn't satisfied, I am keeping my vote on Brandon. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Colour catastrophe :P

No, that's not right. It is technically impossible for me to win as a mafioso. To satisfy the mafioso win condition, I would have to be the sole survivor with the mafiosos AFTER I had killed a mafioso. Which means that the game would have to run until the end. Leaving me and two mafiosos. I would have to kill one of them at night and steal the ability. So that the following day I would win. Of course this could not happen, because when I killed one of them, then they would kill me that same night. It's impossible for me to win as a mafioso. The only realistic ways for me to win are as Zero (killing #7) or as a QA (killing the main target or completing the lynch objective) and that's only IF I killed a QA on the odd night and then satisfied it on the even night.

Basically, my chances of winning are slim to none. My main purpose is to kill baddies like a super #7 and satisfy the objective. I am more valuable to the innocents than #7 because I can kill every night, but my role is still lame b/c I can't really win, and I'm considered a baddie instead of an independent. So like I said, it's not a big deal if you lynch me.

Edited by Brandonb

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven). The Mimic cannot be killed the first night.

If BB is mimic and kills he gains the ability, and then has to fulfill the win condition of his victim - I'll let players reason further for now...

Roster:

2) Mekal

5) twoaday

7) Crazypainter - voting for Brandonb

8) GC - voting for Brandonb

12) Dawh - cannot vote

13) Clueless

16) Ben Law - Dawh

Ok so now I have enough evidence to cast this vote.

If Bb is a mimic he is on the roster of Baddies.

So Bb lied to us several times.

I also made lie detectable statements so Bb you are not the only one.

Its gonna be cool to see who he was.

remember- if he is a mimic then his objective now is to protect 7 so he could kill a baddie tonight but, the next night is up for grabs...

So weather or not he was going to protect 7, how could he know who 7 is to protect in the first place?

He cant spy as mimic, any other role that would let him know would prove he is lying.

** Y-san, LiS--The BE didnt know who #7 is right? So how could Bb know now?

I think he is bluffing.

Edited by crazypainter

I tried to edit this in but I couldnt:::::

oh! wait! the mimic killed phaze who was the....according to Bb ..MengalaBot who is a baddie.

And all this time I was trying to shed some possibility of innocence your way.

edit:second thought

Edited by crazypainter

So weather or not he was going to protect 7, how could he know who 7 is to protect in the first place?

He cant spy as mimic, any other role that would let him know would prove he is lying.

** Y-san, LiS--The BE didnt know who #7 is right? So how could Bb know now?

I think he is bluffing.

I'm confused... when did I ever say I knew who #7 was? I have no idea who 7 is at this point, my guess is as good as yours.

I actually was thinking of changing my vote, but then Brandonb came out with his "defense" which I am confused on how that really is a defense. I will keep my vote on Brandonb. I think you usually get killed off early because of your slightly insulting statements: how everyone is blindly following TC and (was it onetruth? I can't remember and don't feel like going back through the posts), however there are a couple people that didn't just vote for you because of your avatar or bandwagoning. Also, saying you're the ONLY one who saw through Phaze's plan. Really? because I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have voted to airlock him today had he lived through the night. Maybe a couple people speculated he was innocent, but this game is about speculation. Insulting people who think a different way is a good way to get killed.

So, yeah, I'm keeping my vote where it is. It will be interesting if what you said about the mafiosos and QAs are right.

Okay, Clueless has been inactive but I'm going to PM Sinistral to see if he will replace Clueless...

And the BioE does know who Seven is. ;P

I've decided to honor TC's wishes and give him unti 12:30 my time so another 20 minutes and then I'll make the day post...

Edit: Lol...okay, just got some news...this is interesting...;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Okay, Clueless has been inactive but I'm going to PM Sinistral to see if he will replace Clueless...

And the BioE does know who Seven is. ;P

I've decided to honor TC's wishes and give him unti 12:30 my time so another 20 minutes and then I'll make the day post...

Edit: Lol...okay, just got some news...this is interesting...;P

well that bites!

The only person who knew the ID of 7 is now dead...

I dont see how 7 could come out without targeting him/herself.

edit... word change

Edited by crazypainter

2 B or not 2 B

The real sun setting was mimicked by the holographic sun set inside the dome of Affinion 7. Golden red rays bathed the crowd that was lined up along the pristinely maintained street as the guard bots walked Brandonb towards the airlock. He had been calm and serene whilst the crowd had began yelling for his blood. But this calmness had led some to yell for it harder. Now, as the wavelengths of light transitioned from yellow to orange to red to infrared, panic began to rear itself in his shifty-looking blue eyes.

He stopped along the path and turned to the citizens. "Wait!" he cried, "I can be useful to you! It's better for you to keep me alive!" His head twisted around as he made his plea to the people (and various robots). But none of them flinched. They are stared at him with cold, hungry eyes.

The guard bots prodded him to continue moving. Defeated, Bb limped towards his imminent demise. CP, who was standing by the airlock, with her hand on the control panel, turned the gaze of her stony blue eyes to him. "Sorry, Bb," she said to him, "I wasn't going to press the button, but since you're claiming to be some freakish man-eating alien in bunny's clothing, I guess I have to."

Bb shrugged, all the fight gone out of him. Maybe I should have changed that avatar after all, he thought, oh well, too late now...

He lost his balance for a second after he was shoved into the airlock by the guard bots. After he regained it, he turned around to face his prosecutors. "Goodbye, cruel world, goodbye, cruel fate..." he began.

"Yeah, yeah..." CP pressed the button to close the inner doors of the airlock. She raised her hand and prepared to slam the giant red [OPEN] button for the outer doors, and...

"Wait, wait!" called a voice. CP's hand stopped in mid-air a centimeter away from the button. She and everyone else turned to see a thin figure come trying to push it's way through the crowd. It was the Wraith.

Having made it to where CP was standing, the Wraith stopped and bent over to catch it's breath. "Why are you here?" asked CP. Still panting, the Wraith held up an official-looking holo-document. CP took it and read it silently. After she was finished, she sighed and pressed the button to release the inner doors.

The Wraith stood up straight and took the holo-document back from CP. He turned to the crowd and declared: "I have come to arrest Bb...so you can't lynch him today, sorry guys!" The citizens let out a communal cry of frustration. They wanted to see someone implode today! But the Wraith graced the citizens with his cute, silly, lopsided smile, which melted the their antagonism like ice cream (made using liquid nitrogen, of course).

Bb looked at him, stunned. "You mean I'm not going go die?" he asked, disbelieving.

"Well, you might still die," said the Wraith with the same beneficent smile "Just not today...come on, let's head over to the prison unit."

The crowd dispersed as they made their way back towards the populated area of Affinion 7. As they walked down a side street towards the prison unit, Bb tripped over a man propped up against the side of a building. He cursed under his breath, but kept moving.

The man opened his eyes. His vision was blurry and his head felt groggy. The last thing he remembered was walking around, contemplating the pleasure of eating some delicious pizza, when...

Dawh looked around and frowned deeply. He was really hungry. Now where did that pizza go?

Way to misdirect people, AGAIN, and ignore the point I was making. You and TC have been the two people pushing the vote against me. Nevermind the other people who have been voting, they are just going blindly by the effort of you two against me. You also, again, ignore that I am making lie detectable statements, there hasn't been a single other active person in this game to do that. I have done everything that I can (aside from coming out with my role) that can prove that I am out to kill the baddies. Oh well. It's too late now for people to begin to change their votes. Looks like I'm a goner b/c of the Avatar, when all of my good ant true efforts have been hastily and deliberately ignored.

I guess I can come out with my role now. I am a role that was independent, though now it's lame b/c I'm aligned with the baddies. Even though I am supposed to hunt and kill the baddies. I am the Mimic, my objective is to kill baddies and try to complete their objective. This means that I am "technically" a baddie once I kill a baddie. I can be massively beneficial to the innocents, but my goal is an independent one. So look at me like a baddie if you want to, but you're losing a great weapon against the real baddies. <_<

Aww, still alive. ;) I don't see how I have misdirected anyone, either for a first OR a second time. TC wanted to vote for you because of your supposedly shifty eyes (though he later said that wasn't the real reason). That was WAY after my vote, and several other votes to airlock you. I gave one flimsy reason for voting for you, but I never changed my vote because of your reaction to it. Really, my vote was originally completely random, due to the fact that you were so insistent on everyone making a random vote. If so many people felt that you were suspicious, then maybe you should figure out why. I really don't think it's because of your eyes, which are pretty much deadpan, and not so shifty. I'm on the line about believing that you are the Mimic, mostly because nothing you've said so far rings true. But I'm willing to be at least mostly convinced. If you ARE, then I definitely think there are worse baddies we should try to take out.

Oh, and you mentioned me being Mafia. How did you come to that conclusion? I'd really like to know so that I can defend myself. I am most definitely not Mafia, and your random, unfounded accusations scream to me that you are most definitely a very bad baddie.

Poor Dawh...will he ever eat? :P

Whew! When the Wraith grabbed Bb from the airlock, my heart skipped a beat because I thought for sure that I would take the rap since I was next on the vote count (for almost no reason that I could see. <_< ) Thank you, beneficent AIs Y-54N and L15! B))

It was really aggravating to not be allowed to say anything before now. Especially in my own defense... <_< :mad:

That's certainly an interesting turn of events...no way to verify if what Bb said is true now unless Robbie wants to come out and lie-detect one of Bb's statements (or someone else's--he just wanted Robbie to "clear" him--which is odd considering his final claim...must think some more on this. :unsure: )

Of course, unless Y-54N can stump him, Bb will be out before daybreak since people held by the Wraith are released if they solve a riddle...It had better be a hard one if we want to protect the innocents.

I not sure if Bb is lying or not. At this point there isn't much to go on (kind of like how there wasn't much reason to "clone" me. <_< If the CD wants to tell me why...jk, :P don't come out with your role.) I would say that unless people think that Bb is telling the truth about ThunderChicken, he (TC) should probably get protection tonight since the QAs (and maybe others) are almost certain to target him. That's one reason I'm inclined to believe that Bb is the Mimic (or maybe a M4F1050) because no innocent (and certainly not Zero) would help coordinate the QAs. As for who or what TC is, I don't know. I'll leave that to other people to determine.

You may have noticed that I had something(s) to get off my chest[/rant] I feel better now...Got some food in me. B)) Though I am still curious about why I was targeted...oh well, some questions are best left for the philosophers.