BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

M4F14-7

Yoruichi-san

Of course, the Mimic obviously didn't think that he was M4F14, since they cannot win in the first day/second night. The only baddie who could potentially win in that period is Zero (more likely now that the BioEngineer is dead, :(:o ) but Phaze can't be Zero because Zero is invincible for the first night/day. The QAs can't win because Zero must die/leave before they can win (unless of course the Mutant is killed by some other means, but that is not likely right off the bat.)

In any case, it is far more likely in a random killing for the Mimic to hit an innocent than it is to kill a baddie. Considering that Phaze claimed no less than three roles, it's difficult to draw any conclusions from this at this point. (Though it would definitely be useful to know what his role actually was. :( )

I'm still thinking (and reviewing the rules, <_< :lol: ) so I'm not going to vote for the time being.

Dawh,

thanks for that post, you cleared somethings up for me.

edit:

Know what folks, I think Phaze was an innocent/goodie. According to my notes I have him marked off as not being any of the possible baddies.

But him acting so strange... that would leave him as being what innocent?

Edited by crazypainter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting a bit nervous here. I fear a hit has been put out on me...

its too early in the game for me to go. But why would Phaze say I need to out myself today?

Seems as though in the last mafia we all said who we were too early on.

And then Phaze does it for some reason....

I think Phaze may have thought that Slick and I were mafia.

Well, we know Slick wasnt and I can promise you all that I am not.

Any ideas folks?

I think you're reading to much into Phaze's comments, it was clear he wasn't making sense and i wouldn't be too worried about it :D

I guess we'll know who the Mimic is when he starts acting schizophrenic. :P

HAHA! That's great...

But to be fair to Phaze, he did tell me he was going with that strategy before the game started...I thought he would probably get himself killed XP but I thought it would be interesting so I told him to go for it...

Anyways, links:

Rules and Intro: The Storm Arrives

Night One: Phaze Phases Out

I think Phaze was an innocent aswell. But look at this post in the sign-up thread:

Phaze Quote

is that a clue to his possible identity? Or just playing around? :huh:

I don't know why but the whole Phaze thing is hanging over me haha

...Rule 3) No posting of material or links to material outside this thread!

You have been warned. :P

Bringing up the roster:

Host AIs: Y-S4N and L1S

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat-voting for- twoaday

7) Crazypainter -voting for- kat

8) GC

9) Nayana

10) Slickster - DEAD [bioEnginner] (killed by M4F14)

11) Dusty

12) Dawh

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

17) Phaze - DEAD [?] (killed by Mimic)

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb

20) Joe's Student

I think Phaze was an innocent aswell. But look at this post in the sign-up thread:

Phaze Quote

is that a clue to his possible identity? Or just playing around? :huh:

I don't know why but the whole Phaze thing is hanging over me haha

I saw that too. Honestly, I think only a mafioso would come out as a mafia, in the hopes of no one believing him. He acted crazy before, but there was a reason behind his insanity. It wasn't complete randomness. I think it's the same with this situation. Then again, maybe Phaze's new strategy for this game was to be completely random :P

Edit: Or just go back to beginning of this thread, he makes the claim to be a mafioso again. I forgot about the one that JS brought up

Edited by Brandonb

<_< Ok fine, CP, I guess I should've expected something like that :P

No reason for you twoaday, it's just random. If I feel there is someone worth getting rid of, my vote will change. I still don't get what phaze was up to...first he claimes baddie, then innocent, :wacko: and if he WAS an innocent, we could have lost someone important! I hope not...

~Kat

I saw that too. Honestly, I think only a mafioso would come out as a mafia, in the hopes of no one believing him. He acted crazy before, but there was a reason behind his insanity. It wasn't complete randomness. I think it's the same with this situation. Then again, maybe Phaze's new strategy for this game was to be completely random :P

Edit: Or just go back to beginning of this thread, he makes the claim to be a mafioso again. I forgot about the one that JS brought up

Haha im just thinking, Phaze is dead, yet he's left a big mark on the game, we're all talking about him!

And also if he was an important innocent role it would be a right bummer, you expect your important innocent roles to play safe and whatnot..

Edit: I wish Y-S would tell us what his pre-game tactics were :P

Edited by Joe's Student

When does this day end? I know it's 36 hours, but if I could have a more exact time (35.5 hours from now) etc, then I will know when I need to have my vote in by. I am waiting to see if any suspicious characters out themselves...

Haha im just thinking, Phaze is dead, yet he's left a big mark on the game, we're all talking about him!

Of course, whoever dies the first night usually has a large impact on the rest of the game. It's a good idea to try and figure out what he was so that no baddies can do what I did in Maf VI B))

Edited by Brandonb

He's the new Mafia Ultimatum. :P:lol:

I have to say that was an odd message from the (should have been :P ) TetraBot. Very short, without any real substance. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I think I might have preferred an ultimatum... ;) jk :D

Time to start casting votes, so that we don't have a semi-repeat of LIS in Maf VI.

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty

12) Dawh

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb - voting for kat

20) Joe's Student

:P I learned the hard way that it is a bad thing to vote first with no substantial reasoning behind it. Sorry Kat! I'm not voting yet, so don't worry. And whoever votes first is rarely the one to be lynched...

But do you have any defense for yourself?

Everything I'm looking at points to phaze being an innocent. I don't buy Brandon's argument that only a mafioso would claim to be mafia, and I think that that would probably piss off the rest of the mafiosos. But I only have one thin line of reasoning about why phaze was acting so oddly, and I'm probably wrong. :P Too bad if he was an innocent!

I still want to hear a little bit more before I vote.

:P I learned the hard way that it is a bad thing to vote first with no substantial reasoning behind it. Sorry Kat! I'm not voting yet, so don't worry. And whoever votes first is rarely the one to be lynched...

But do you have any defense for yourself?

Guys, please don't make me come out with my role. I'm important to you guys, seriously. I only voted first just for the sake of it, I have nothing against twoaday, and if you want, I'll remove my vote from him, but lynching (airlocking?) me would be a serious mistake. Thats all I'm saying for now...

~Kat

He's the new Mafia Ultimatum. :P:lol:

I have to say that was an odd message from the (should have been :P ) TetraBot. Very short, without any real substance. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I think I might have preferred an ultimatum... ;) jk :D

Yeah, the message was *from* the Tetrabot, but the Mengalabot was the one who hacked the recharge station...but I'm glad *someone* has actually read the rules ;P

And the day ends tomorrow at noon my time (+6 GMT I think) but I may extend it if it seems like a lot of discussion is going on at the time...

And the day ends tomorrow at noon my time (+6 GMT I think) but I may extend it if it seems like a lot of discussion is going on at the time...

This has been the biggest downfall in all of the games. People are always saying that there's not enough time to vote. Which is a complete and total load of BS.

People hardly even begin to discuss stuff until about 8hrs before the deadline. (Look at what is happening right now, with all the "I'm not gonna vote now" statements. Seriously, what's the point in even having a deadline if it's just going to be extended for the people that wait until the deadline to begin the discussion? It's BS. People who say that "I am not gonna vote right now" have no idea what's gong on. The game comes to a screeching halt until the deadline gets close. These people do not realize that the game progresses when you vote and turn the screws on people to defend themselves and make the game interesting.

Saying that you're not gonna vote until there is some type of evidence is also a load. There is no hard evidence on the first day, heck sometimes there isn't any on the 2nd day either. The only evidence comes from voting for people and grilling them until they can convince you otherwise. If someone had hard evidence that they were wiling to share, it would have come out already.

Sure, some people can't get on as much, that's a fine and reasonable excuse to have a 24 (or now 36) hour deadline. But not for the actively non-voting participants, you people kill this game.

Here's an active and decisive vote, changing it to Dusty for being actively inactive.

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty

12) Dawh

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

19) Brandonb - voting for Dusty

20) Joe's Student

Edited by Brandonb

Guys, please don't make me come out with my role. I'm important to you guys, seriously. I only voted first just for the sake of it, I have nothing against twoaday, and if you want, I'll remove my vote from him, but lynching (airlocking?) me would be a serious mistake. Thats all I'm saying for now...

~Kat

Just saying... you do realize that every game someone has used that same "don't lynch me... my role is importent" excuse... it starts to get annoying...

i am not voting until someone shows me some GOOD evidence...

EDIT:I just read BB's post... i am still not going to vote, but BB does have a point... we shouldn't wait untill 3 hours before the deadline to start the discussion

Edited by Mekal

Sure, some people can't get on as much, that's a fine and reasonable excuse to have a 24 (or now 36) hour deadline. But not for the actively non-voting participants, you people kill this game.

Here's an active and decisive vote, changing it to Dusty for being actively inactive.

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat - voting for twoaday

7) Crazypainter - voting for kat

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty

12) Dawh - voting for Mekal

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

20) Joe's Student

So as not to be accused of being "actively inactive," :P here's my random vote. Satisfied? -_-

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

20) Joe's Student

So as not to be accused of being "actively inactive," :P here's my random vote. Satisfied? -_-

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( You just don't like me cause i went for you when i was a QA...

Roster:

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth - voting for BrandonB

5) twoaday

8) GC

9) Nayana

11) Dusty

13) Clueless

14) taliesin

15) woon

16) Ben Law

18) SoKrisky

20) Joe's Student

And mine.

Edit: Color