[spoiler='Solution? I'm really stretching

']o=15

e=5 (15-5=10)

n=14 (5-14=-9)

v=22 (22-14=-8)

need next to be 7

only 26 letters in alphabet

so 22-9=15 --> letter G

Pardon my ignorance but I fail to see how knowing the difference between the sequence number of the last two letters helps to predict the next letter. The difference the first two is 10 but sequence number of the next is on 9 more than the 2nd ... not 10. Please explain.

Okay, this is frustrating. First of all, how do we know that there is a solution? Perhaps agihcam is just screwing with us.

Secondly, there could be a million solutions. It could be related to numbers, but you guys have tried that so it doesn't seem likely. I think it has to do with words, like:

M V E M ?

The next letter would be J for Jupiter because the letters represent the planets. Or:

W A J M ?

The next letter would be M for Monroe because the letters represent presidents. Or:

O T T F ?

The next letter would be F for five because the letters represent numbers, but it could be even trickier like:

W H O I ?

would be I for six and the letters are the second letter of each number from 2 to 5, or it could be a phrase:

I P A T T ?

would be F for flag because the phrase was "I pledge allegiance to the..."

Anyway, my point is we obviously need some help here. Some sort of hint. Is the next letter the last letter of the sequence or could there be more? If there could be more, maybe we need the next letter as a hint and we'll try for the letter after it? Could there be a letter before the "o"? If so, maybe that would help us.

I think it may be O. Count 10 backwards from your 1st letter, then 9 forwards from your 2nd letter, then 8 forward, then 7 forward.

I guess you could be right, but that answer isn't really fair because there's no basis to establish the pattern whether to go forward or backward.

I thought 'O' myself, based on the following:

2nd letter is 1st letter minus 10

3rd letter is 2nd letter plus 9

4th letter is 3rd letter plus 8

5th letter should be 4th letter minus 7

Why minus? Because you can't add 7 letters to what is already the 22nd letter, so my assumption was to subtract.

I thought 'O' myself, based on the following:

2nd letter is 1st letter minus 10

3rd letter is 2nd letter plus 9

4th letter is 3rd letter plus 8

5th letter should be 4th letter minus 7

Why minus? Because you can't add 7 letters to what is already the 22nd letter, so my assumption was to subtract.

but couldnt you add seven and then when you get to the end of the alphabet then start from 'A' again so then it would be 'C'

I don't think there's much math involved at all actually. I've seen a similar problem before:

What's next:

o t t f f s s

The answer is 'e', because it is the first letter of the word 'eight' which comes next in the sequence of numbers 1,2,3,...

I'm assuming the answer to this teaser will be the first letter of the next word in the sequence, but I can't think of what that might be.

If you modulate each letter by 13 you get BRAI. I came up with three words that this could be the start of Braid, Braille, or Brain. Brain seems the most logical to me and would result in a missing letter of A, Braid would be (Q) and Braille would have a next letter of (Y).

About the

O=15

E=5 (15-5=10)

N=14 (5-14=-9)

V=22 (14-22=-8)

the guy said the next one would be G (seventh letter) but if this reall is the pattern wouldn't it be 22-X=7, where as 7 isn't the answer but X is? So i'm going to say 15 which is O

... what if it was L, making novel?

or M, making venom?

put it into numbers:

15-5-14-22-?

hmmm

I dont know

I agree with the numbers, I think it is "c"; -10 +9 -8 +7 will give you "c" if you cary the 3 left over the 26

What is the next letter?

o e n v ?

NOVEMBER NOVEmber 12345678 o e n v = 2 4 1 3 b r m e = 6 8 5 7 its a backwards counTing code starting at b within november B,R,M,E,E,B,M,( O,E,N,V, ) NEXT LETTER HAS TO BE O

sorry guys for a long time offline.

yes, indeed there is a solution for this.

yet, nobody got the correct answer.

well, further reviewed each replies and found this one as correct answer.(A

If you modulate each letter by 13 you get BRAI. I came up with three words that this could be the start of Braid, Braille, or Brain. Brain seems the most logical to me and would result in a missing letter of A, Braid would be (Q) and Braille would have a next letter of (Y).

Okay, this is frustrating. First of all, how do we know that there is a solution? Perhaps agihcam is just screwing with us.

Secondly, there could be a million solutions. It could be related to numbers, but you guys have tried that so it doesn't seem likely. I think it has to do with words, like:

M V E M ?

The next letter would be J for Jupiter because the letters represent the planets. Or:

W A J M ?

The next letter would be M for Monroe because the letters represent presidents. Or:

O T T F ?

The next letter would be F for five because the letters represent numbers, but it could be even trickier like:

W H O I ?

would be I for six and the letters are the second letter of each number from 2 to 5, or it could be a phrase:

I P A T T ?

would be F for flag because the phrase was "I pledge allegiance to the..."

Anyway, my point is we obviously need some help here. Some sort of hint. Is the next letter the last letter of the sequence or could there be more? If there could be more, maybe we need the next letter as a hint and we'll try for the letter after it? Could there be a letter before the "o"? If so, maybe that would help us.

Edited by agihcam