BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Ok so I've been reading around the Others part of this forum for a while now and it seems that some of the people of BrainDen have a bleak outlook on how the Earth will survive if humans, probably not just humans but you guys* are definitely a defining factor, keep progressing in the way you are. So I'm just wondering how many people here believe that the world, or maybe just the human population will end, in 2012, as so many sources indicate, most notably the I Ching, the Aztec calendar, and Webbot.

* I say you guys because I am obviously not a human, I am a highly intelligent and sophisticated chicken who has harnessed the power of thunder to power my life. B))

16 answers to this question

"Aztec calendar"? You probably mean Mayan calendar. And that's a common falsehood (I'm surprised a Chicken who has harnessed the power of Thunder would fall for such a thing B)) hehe), the Mayan calendar NEVER, EVER ends, however it's split into sections and larger sections, some shorter and some that span thousands of years. The thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle of the Long Count of the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012. Each B'ak'tun is 144,000 days, or 20 Tun, and a Tun is 18 Winal and a Winal is 20 K'in and a day is a K'in

there is also an Aztec calendar, but it's more primitive and I don't think it's related to 2012, I'm sure you meant Mayan calendar

btw, the world won't end in 2012 :D

Yeah got my two civilizations mixed up xD

I personally don't believe it will end in 2012.

If you take a Christian standpoint, which I'm not sure I believe or not <_< , then the Bible says that Man will never know the exact date of the end of the world.

Chickens have a hard time believing in religion and stuff along those lines! =P

Religion's never right about anything anyway, there are no "prophecies" or anything, nothing can predict the future. Though now that religion is in the conversation, I'd just like to add that some preachers in the US actually want there to be a massive nuclear holocaust because then it'd be "the apocalypse" and then "Jesus Christ would rise again"

Yeah I believe that people only try to fulfill prophecies because they read the Bible or other religious books, that's just the one that comes to mind at the moment, and it says it will happen, whereas if they had never read the Bible, or other religious references once again, then half if not all the prophecies never would have come true...

I don't know if that makes sense or not being typed but it makes sense in my head =P

Religion's never right about anything anyway, there are no "prophecies" or anything, nothing can predict the future. Though now that religion is in the conversation, I'd just like to add that some preachers in the US actually want there to be a massive nuclear holocaust because then it'd be "the apocalypse" and then "Jesus Christ would rise again"

that doesn't mean it is 100% guaranteed that the world won't end in 2012

how do we know?

ooh, would you look at that? WE DON'T

yeah, I'm pretty sure that we won't all die in 2012. But who knows? Maybe we'll be wiped out like the dinosaurs. They probably thought that the world would never end for them.

Hey don't bring the dinosaurs in this! The T-Rex was my ancestor... =D

Well if you do believe that it will end, then how do you propose that it will?

Most people believe that a 'polar-shift' will happen, which seems like a pretty cool idea but I have no idea how it would possibly happen though...

I've not heard much on the World ending in 2012 per-say (Which I don't think will happen anyway)...But I have heard about the internet ending in 2012 (which if the world doesn't end in 2012, I doubt this will happen either)

(This is an old link...Not sure if it still works or not...I can't check from work <_< )

Edited by Prince_Marth85

haha, Y2K all over again, and only 12 years later. I can't believe people fall for this stuff ;D

Yeah I think it's pretty funny personally but apparently a lot of people are preparing for what they believe to be the apparent 'doomsday'...

1) If it did end 2012 - cld I still log on the BrainDen

2) I've had a dream of 2012 - an effective disaster - but it is mostly likely to stay a dream

3) I ltried for a contract for an elite chauffeur service a year ago for the 2012 Olympics - you can be cheapest and still not win - not quite the end of 'my' world.

Ma Shipton and Nostradamus have both pridicted it will be over by now

Well caught Unreality on the Azetecs- just love that area of history - when I first read about them, the Mayan glyphs were still untranslated. It's come a long way in 37 years - oh golly gosh - I am old.

haha, Y2K all over again, and only 12 years later. I can't believe people fall for this stuff ;D

Someone from my church told me a funny Y2K story. He was driving early in the morning, and no one else was around. All of a sudden a truck came out of nowhere and crashed into a pole. But there was no driver in the driver's seat! So of course the person from my church had a mini heart attack, thinking that the Rapture had just occured and he missed out.

Turns out the driver managed to scramble out of the passenger seat and was on the other side of the truck.