BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

Disclaimer: The he/she thing is annoying...especially now that it's he/she/it, so for the roles I'm going to use the pronoun I think fits best with the storyline I have in mind, and it does not mean the player who has the role is necessarily a he or a she (or an it :P).

Rule changes:

36 hr days/18 hr nights

No posting of material from outside of this thread, or links to material outside this thread!

Cracking down on inactivity: your role will be up for grabs or your role info will be outed, you are putting youself in danger of not being able to play other games - the hosts will be informed. No sliding in under the radar by nonsense activity or not actually gaming eg " my role is to useful " - it will get you hung

Do not challenge the host AIs...they control your oxygen supply :P.

M4F14 - 7

The space colony Affinion 7 is a place where the best and the brightest have converged. It is where great thinkers have taken science beyond the realm of the imaginable, and determined individuals make their visions into a reality. The environment has been synthesized to match that of the home planet. The AIs Y-S4N and L1S have complete control over the conditions and complete knowledge of the workings and goings-on in the space colony, making them something akin to the gods of Affinion 7.

However, in the shadows of Affinion 7 there also lurk those with ignoble intentions and who fear the light of discovery.

The Baddies:

The M4F14 are evil transformers that can take any form and become part of the cosmopolitan indigenous population. Win if everyone except M4F14 are dead.

The AcroBot: Obviously versatile, quickly adapts as it performs its task with reflexes to make most AI computers envious. Likes to be brassie and bold while on missions. Any night, but not 2 in a row, chooses a player that they can either steal the role identity of or frame with their role identity. Does not work on the Space Agent.

The TetraBot: Annoyingly adept and boasts a range of abilities that are a match for anything you you could never wish to meet - an ability to outsmart humans without wasting a single particle. Most computerized or AIs have no chance of stretching this bots ability. Can send a message every night which will be posted in the night post. When the Tetrabot is killed, his role is revealed.

The MengalaBot: Only exists to control everything. Finds ALL other species abhorent, even if they are helpful. Will give the order to dispatch of anyone who gets in the way, think nothing of it and that's just for fun. Any night, but not 2 in a row, can see the faction (Innocent/QA/Zero/Mimic) of a player.

The Quantum Accelerators are time travelers who have come back in time to kill the Mutant and change the course of history. They were sent from different points in the timeline so they don't know each other initially. Must have a majority to kill. Once they reach a majority, they get contact and can kill every night. Win by killing the Mutant themselves. If they cannot fulfill this objective, I PM them a secondary objective which they must fulfill or they will all be airlocked the next day.

The Electromagnetic enForcer: can use elecromagnetic waves to hack into the system and get information. PMs me the name of a player each night and I PM their faction (baddie/innocent).

The Gravitational enForcer: the gravitational waves he uses prevent him from being airlocked while in contact with other QAs.

The Nuclear enForcer: rearranges particles so that if Robbie lie-detects a statement about him, the NF can choose what the answer will be.

Zero: A man who has had so many cybernetic enhancements that he no longer knows whether he is man or machine. He has lost all memory of his life as a human, except that his mission is to kill the Numbers. Currently his target is the Number Seven, he wins by killing Seven. He kills on even nights. Once Seven dies, he is out of the game. Invincible for the first night and day.

The Mimic: An alien who kills his prey and temporarily absorbs their abilities. Chooses a target each odd night to kill and if the target dies, the Mimic gets use of the target's role abilities, including kill/target abilities, the next day or night (depending on whether it is a day ability or night ability). To win, the Mimic must kill and steal the ability of a baddie and satisfy that baddie's win condition while he has the ability (i.e. kill Zero and then kill Seven).

The Innocents:

Saving roles:

The Med bot: Uses its knowledge base form 31458. All medicine is now practiced by machines (who would want to waste time and money on Med School? :P). A few elite programmers continue to update it's database. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target to save twice in a row. Can save self only once.

The Herbalist: Gains his knowledge from wherever possible, scriptures and laser discs of the 20 and 21st century, makes do the best he can. Sometimes a particular plant has a side effect or does not have the right strength - save has 1/4 chance to fail. Picks a target to save each night. Cannot pick the same target twice in a row. Can save self only once.

The Mutant: Has a genetic mutation that will lead to the rise of a new race of super-humans in the future. His super-strength allows him to protect against Zero on even nights. However, due to his mutation, he is shunned by the rest of the population and considers Zero to be his only friend. Is invulnerable to the Quantum Accelerators as long as Zero is in the game. Once Zero dies or is removed from the game, his grief weakens him and makes him vulnerable to the QAs.

Attack roles:

The BioEngineer: The woman who created the Number Seven. She keeps a watch on and maintains the upkeep of Seven. As long as the BioEngineer is alive, Seven cannot be killed at night.

Number Seven: A genetically engineered super-soldier who kills for the Innocents. He kills on prime nights.

The Mad Scientist: No one believed him when he said that time travel was possible. They called him mad and refused to fund him. But he continued his research in secret and has created a disrupter ray that disrupts the particles of anything that is not congruent with the current timespace. But it takes a day to have an effect. He chooses (PMs me) a target each day to shoot with his disrupter ray and if the person is a Quantum Accelerator, their particles are disrupted and they are destroyed. Otherwise, nothing happens.

Information roles:

Robbie the Robot: An unusually humerous robot that has been around for five centuries, gathering knowledge of many human traits and likes to feel he is comfortable around humans. It is in his program to do as ordered,. However he can be a bit of a loose cannon and gets his wires cross - when that day comes he may well self destruct. Its in his nature to protect his 'friends' and without due consideration of the risks gets on with his mission ... while cracking a joke of course. At any point during the day, can PM me a victim to blow up. There is 1/4 chance for each of them to survive. If Robbie is killed at night, there is 2/3 chance it will randomly blow up one if it's attackers. Cannot blow up Zero. Each day, Robbie can lie-detect a TRUE/FALSE statement, but statements that are too ambiguous or direct cannot be tested. If the statement cannot be tested, I will PM them asking for a different statement.

The Uber-Hacker: A 133t programmer who can hack into the mainframe and discover identities. PMs me the name of a player each day and I PM their role. Can also choose to swap IDs with the player they choose after I tell the UH the role. Swap ID does not work on the Space Agent.

The Space Agent XM100z: After years of traveling through the galaxies, the Space Agent has developed many useful skills. I flip two coins to determine the action of the Space Agent (Saving, Killing, Discovering role, or free choice of the previous). The Space Agent picks a player and then I tell them what the action is, to which they can either decline or carry out the action. Also, the Space Agent keeps under the radar, and doesn't have a file in the mainframe, so the Acrobot cannot steal from them (the steal fails, but counts as a use) or frame them (same deal).

The Public Relations Expert (Facidinon): A human trying to keep up with the goings-on in Affinion 7. At anytime (but only once on a particular nth day/night), can PM me a role and I will tell the PRE what the action that role last took was and who they took it on, if the player with that role is alive, or if the player is dead.

Removal roles:

The Cybernetic Droid (RX2CU): A being that needs to clone human parts to survive. It can clone in 24 hours before releasing its victim who of course remembers nothing. The CD PMs me the name of a person and that person is removed from voting for the day and removed from discussion for 24 hours (or however many are left in the day).

The Wraith (Tormidian): A friendly half human/half alien with Robocop style abilities who arrests a person for one night (must PM me the player's name before the day post). The player is let out of prison if he/she can answer a puzzle correctly. The prisoner gets to choose one of three types (math/riddle/cryptic message). If they don't answer the puzzle correctly, they stay in jail and cannot use their ability that night.

(Yeah...so most of the role abilities are plagiarized from Unreality...hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :P)

Game start date: When sign-up is complete and/or we finish writing the intro scenario, probably towards the end of this week or start of next one...

20 ppl

Ready, set, go!

• Answers 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Based on this prologue and Unreal's prologue in VI you can definitely tell the different writing styles between you two...

That's a good prologue but will it really have anything to do with the game besides the fact that she jumped through time?

And are there any hints in the day and night posts this time?

Based on this prologue and Unreal's prologue in VI you can definitely tell the different writing styles between you two...

That's a good prologue but will it really have anything to do with the game besides the fact that she jumped through time?

And are there any hints in the day and night posts this time?

No, no hints about information you don't have...most of the night post is going to be how I work the events into the storyline...oh, and there will be storylines! ;P

But I may (and probably will) hint at things that you may not be thinking about during your discussions and should...but it probably won't be in the night post... B))

Wow this isn't really taking off as fast as VI...

Nobody else is signing up...

Lol you know YS you're getting us to advertise but you aren't advertising your own game? What's up with that?

Wow this isn't really taking off as fast as VI...

Nobody else is signing up...

Lol you know YS you're getting us to advertise but you aren't advertising your own game? What's up with that?

Lol...it was just a suggestion...but I've been trying to come up with a nice logic puzzle to use for an advertisement...;P

This sounds like it be be a very enjoyable Sci-Fi game. I can't imagine why it's not all signed up already. I'm glad I took a break from it for a while and got some things accomplished.

If you are reading this you should sign up now because it will be a while until the next offer comes up. When I get through with this riddle, I want to see some more names and Talisin please reply if you are in or not. Thanx ya'll. I'm getting like Brandonb, overly impatient. :lol:

Edited by akaslickster

Host: Y-san

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter

8) GC

9) Nayana

10)Slickster

11) Dusty

12) Rene

13) Clueless

14) taliesin (maybe)

I'm in.

Why does that prologue sound oddly like The Twilight prologues... where it just cliffhangs? :huh: (and has way to much mushy stuff for its own good)

hey, you read the Twilight Series too? ;) Awesome...

I dont understand what to do. How do we kill, communicate, etc. If I can understand the steps in playing this game I would be glad to join.

When the game starts, there will be a new topic for the discussion. Any role-specific actions (such as night killing)are accomplished by a PM to the host, who incorporates it into the story posted on the game topic. Open communication (such as discussing/voting on who to lynch) with the other players is done on the game topic; behind-the-scenes contact (BTSC) is done through a separate forum or PMs with the other players.

Recommend you start reading one of the Mafia games on this forum to get a better idea of how it works.

Edited by Cherry Lane

When the game starts, there will be a new topic for the discussion. Any role-specific actions (such as night killing)are accomplished by a PM to the host, who incorporates it into the story posted on the game topic. Open communication (such as discussing/voting on who to lynch) with the other players is done on the game topic; behind-the-scenes contact (BTSC) is done through a separate forum or PMs with the other players.

Recommend you start reading one of the Mafia games on this forum to get a better idea of how it works.

Mafia II and IV and V came out best...

you dont have to wait... you should have seen me my first game... i got blown up on the first day...But it was still AWESOME!!! you should join... :P

Edited by Mekal

Well, the intro's pretty much done...I do like writing...so here's something for you while you're waiting:

Prologue (1)

Aria ran down the long hallway, beads of sweat streaking down her neck. She didn't dare turn to look back, but she could hear the sounds of the stampeding footsteps of her pursuers. Actually, she thought, what's ironic is that not all of them have to walk...some of them fly! A delirious chuckle escaped from her dry throat. Uh oh, was she going insane? Were the telepathic mutants attacking her mind while the others attempted to attack her body? No, she had to be strong, she could see the light from the pilot lab...pulling the last of her strength, she forced her legs into a sprint and rushed through the doorway.

"She's in!" someone called. Someone else slammed the button to close the ten-layer adamantine doors. Aria spun around and watched as the fastest of her pursuers (the ones with super-speed, of course) came rushing up...the door wasn't going to close on time!

Jed, her colleague, her friend, and so much more, turned to Aria. "Hurry," he prompted, holding out the object that they had spent the last two years working on together. It was the Quantum Accelerating Device, the only solution they could think of to save the fate of humanity as they knew it. "You have to take it and go!" he told her.

Aria shook her head, "Not without you..." She grabbed his arm. "Come with me" she pleaded.

Jed removed his arm from her grasp and thrust the QAD into her hand. "I can't, you know that! The device will only support one person to within a satisfactory margin of error, and we can't risk that." He took her trembling shoulders in his hands. "Only one of us can go, and it has to be you."

"But...I can't let you die like this!" She cried, "I...I...love you!"

He pulled her into his arms in a firm embrace. "Don't worry," he whispered into her ear. "If you succeed, I won't have to die like this." With that, he pressed the activation button on the QAD and pushed her away. "Goodbye, my love." he said, his lips curving into a sad smile.

"No!" Aria tried to reach for him, but Jed and the rest of the room were already fading. White light engulfed her, engulfed everything she could see...the equipment was gone, the door was gone, the sounds had ceased. The last thing she saw was that smile, that sad, loving smile...

(To be continued in the Intro ;))

this is too good..romantic :)

I am amazed that a scientist can write stories :P

lol...j/k :lol:

Host: Y-san

1) Frozen

2) Mekal

3) ThunderChicken

4) onetruth

5) twoaday

6) Kat

7) Crazypainter

8) GC

9) Nayana

10)Slickster

11) Dusty

12) Rene

13) Clueless

14) taliesin (maybe)

15) yoktado (maybe)

I'm pretty sure i can play

this is too good..romantic :)

I am amazed that a scientist can write stories :P

lol...j/k :lol:

nayana,

Never doubt what a woman can do. As y-san said previously:

A woman can do anything a man can do but backwards..

and in high heels!

For anyone to doubt someone is so ignorant. But thats how I go away with most of the stuff I have done.

And I'm gonna keep that stuff secret. ;) ;)

nayana,

Never doubt what a woman can do. As y-san said previously:

A woman can do anything a man can do but backwards..

and in high heels!

For anyone to doubt someone is so ignorant. But thats how I go away with most of the stuff I have done.

And I'm gonna keep that stuff secret. ;) ;)

so very true :) Proud to be a woman :D

btw I was just kidding about that comment :)

and Happy Birthday!!!

so very true :) Proud to be a woman :D

btw I was just kidding about that comment :)

and Happy Birthday!!!

Thank you!

I was sure you were kidding.

The annoying thing about text conversations is that you can never really tell the tone of the post.

Y-san! I loved your prologue! made me all warm inside! If you host another after this M4F14 I can't wait to play!!!

You can still play this one...;)

Thanks, but the prologue(1) by no means sets the tone for the entire game...hehe...actually there will be several different tones going on...I mean, we have a mysterious cyborg hunting super-soldiers, time travelers trying to kill a poor mutant, a mad scientist, evil emotionless transformer bots, and a man-eating alien creature...hehe, wait until you read the intro...;P

It's not about how you play the game - it's about winning

The stories offer a reality to the end of day/night

Well okay, not reality but definitely adds to the game

It has crucial time lines/reminders that put the outcome of remarks into perspective

You wont be disapointed Phaze your a full on go for it player

And if you like sci-fi, you will be inspired once the thread builds.