BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

2 colors are mixed together to create a new color. Then if you add another color it is now a new color. This color plus this color is this color, some might say its hot, some say cold. The original colors are both hot or both cold. dont be bold, figure it out.

6 answers to this question

2 colors are mixed together to create a new color. Then if you add another color it is now a new color. This color plus this color is this color, some might say its hot, some say cold. The original colors are both hot or both cold. dont be bold, figure it out.

Ok so if you mix two colors, warm or cool, you will have a new color that is within that range.

Now, if you mix a very cool yellow (lemon yellow) with a cool green (viridian) you will have a

cool yellow green. I am assuming we are not using any medium to dilute or white to tint the colors.

yg plus a cool blue will create a cool blue green. You should add a tertiary color.

So if we add another cool color say alizarin crimson, which is a cool red then we will have a muted blue green.

It all depends on if the colors you choose are the cool or warm version of that color.

And how much of each color you choose.

I am using oil paint as an example.

If we are using light then, use how ever many colors you want because the use of all the colors = clear/white.

On the color wheel Yellow and violet are w/c colors. They are at the top and bottom of the color wheel and can easily

be warm or cool. They are also compliments.

Arg, I am so annoyed w/myself right now. Not only do I forget the spoilers but i turned into this

color theory teacher... which I was. It was like I was possessed and just was typing.

the answer is various forms of brown. I just got too deep into it. Forgot it was a riddle and not one of my students..

:wacko:

mmm...room temp. brown, neither cold or hot due to being a mixture of all...with two colds or two hots mixed, and not knowing what the others are except that the original mix keeps getting either fortified or diluted will more than likely yield brown. (Unless we are not talking about actual colors..)??

I thought if you mix Green and Blue light you get Yellow light. But if you add a red light to that you would get white light. Add a green light to white light and you still have green light. Or something like that...

I think that's the answer. Or somewhere near it.

Edited by EstherRose