BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TwoaDay

Question

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah, I joined Facebook in late December (2009) when I was preparing to go on an epic trip to South America and wanted to easily post pictures online so that friends could get instant updates on what I was doing.

Uploading pictures is really easy on Facebook (That's where it gets really colorful); and your updates automatically show up on your friends' home page when they check it - they don't have to go searching for it. The Networking happens so naturally. That's the real strength of that site.

Facebook is fun & handy for keeping up with people (& avoiding work). I'm too lazy/forgetful to blog or write regular emails/letters, but I do a 'status update' every day or so & let the friends & fam know what's going on in life. Also great for keeping up with pics of the nieces & nephews :) who are a few thousand miles away. :(

I actually don't have, nor want to have, a facebook or any other account on a social networking site (unless this counts as one... but i don't think so... =))

I just find it to be a petty annoyance that removes real contact. And plus i'm already slightly addicted to this and my emails, so facebook wouldn't do too well for me =)

I want a Facebook... But nmh mom is too overprotective...

you can change privacy settings so people can veiw almost nothing of your profile if you want. Its WAYYYYY better than the privacy settings on MySpace. my parents wouldnt let me get a myspace, but they let me get a fb...so happy about that. :)

so yeah: tell your mom about the privacy settings.

I have a facebook, but wish I didn't. It's time-consuming and controlling. Your instincts tell you to check it every day. Like a parrot, but at least parrots are colorful! I've deleted most of my "friends" (all my friends on facebook are actually friends) and I go on once in a while to post a funny thing or to see what some of my friends' activities I'd like to join (to which I eventually won't). I really hate it, but it has me by its feet. Just because a parrot is free and full of "activities" doesn't mean it won't constantly squawk into your ear.

I have a facebook, but wish I didn't. It's time-consuming and controlling. Your instincts tell you to check it every day.

So FB is just a dumbed down version of BD... :P

Like a parrot, but at least parrots are colorful! ... Just because a parrot is free and full of "activities" doesn't mean it won't constantly squawk into your ear.

nice analogy, Q ;)

Edited by Aaryan