BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a lot worse than you think, You have an insane and psycho ninja with a death wish running around :D:D :D

There is more to life than Mafia and I am having a little fun provoking the wrath of Unreality with my suicidal tendences

I repeat Medical Staff stay away from me tonight

I could do with a little help from Lord Pheonix however

Janitor could you confirm my role please

sorry, if this confuses anytwo

*Sighs*

It is a lot worse than you think, You have an insane and psycho ninja with a death wish running around :D:D :D

There is more to life than Mafia and I am having a little fun provoking the wrath of Unreality with my suicidal tendences

I repeat Medical Staff stay away from me tonight

I could do with a little help from Lord Pheonix however

Janitor could you confirm my role please

sorry, if this confuses anytwo

confused as to why you're playing then...

Yep, I think it will be a while. I also want to hear some more opinions as to who anyone else is suspicious of, I don't just want to base it off of one person's conclusions. So I'm still open to suggestion and I dont have to go anywhere for another hour and a half, willing to hear more opinions

True, I did, but I didn't want to lynch Dusty either(she seemed innocent as well), so I wanted to keep it tied up. It was not to keep LIS on the chopping block, it was to simply keep the vote going until there was more time to discuss.

If Frost's other statements are not valid test statements, maybe part of this could work. The GR would have voted for LIS to keep him on the chopping block. This way we keep to the subtlety that was the goal of the rule change regarding lie-detection. B))

As for other suspects, I'm not sure. A lot of roles I thought I knew were just thrown into the air because of the day posts. And I meant the plural.

Had to finish all the reading, with several interruptions. ;) It's Independence Day and a holy festival combined today. :D

Host: Unreality

1) GC - voting for Dawh

2) Frozen - voting for LIS

3) Frost - voting for LIS

4) Brandonb - voting for LIS

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

10) Cherry Lane - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl - voting for LIS

13) Phaze - voting for Mekal

14) Mekal - cannot vote

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter - voting for LM

17) Pw0nzd - voting for LIS

18) Dusty - voting for LIS

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Couldn't decide on LIS being a baddie or not. The scorpion-Yakuza thing looks rather flimsy. Could be that LIS is a Yakuza, but I am sticking with Dawh for now. As it is, my vote for LIS will not have any effect, as it already looks like a landslide.

Frost, the Mafia massage is long, way too long for me to write. But I know of one who loves long posts. And so my vote is for him. ;)

Hey GC you think Dawh is Mafia? Why? Has anyone noticed how Dawh's posts this time have been uber short? I don't at all want to say that is suspicious! because bull like causes us to lose innocents, perhaps Dawh was just having a bad day. I just miss your long messages they always included great stuff.

Edit: whoa that's weird, hi Dawh!Edit2: and great point, I'll try that one too if the others dont work

Edited by tolecnal

Hey GC you think Dawh is Mafia? Why? Has anyone noticed how Dawh's posts this time have been uber short? I don't at all want to say that is suspicious! because bull like causes us to lose innocents, perhaps Dawh was just having a bad day. I just miss your long messages they always included great stuff.

Edit: whoa that's weird, hi Dawh!Edit2: and great point, I'll try that one too if the others dont work

Yeah...to be fair, I think this whole Mafia Ultimatum thing was making a lot of players feel uneasy about what to do and not very into the game the first day...that's probably also why Bb seemed kind of defeated...

hold on, i just got on...

WHAT THE HECK???!!?!?!?! Someone please explain the logic here... so they take away my vote, then they arrest me?!?!?!? What have i done?!?!?!!!!!

you know what... im going to work on the riddle. mabey figure out to the PM is so i can yell at him... Grumble grumble grumble...

hold on, i just got on...

WHAT THE HECK???!!?!?!?! Someone please explain the logic here... so they take away my vote, then they arrest me?!?!?!? What have i done?!?!?!!!!!

you know what... im going to work on the riddle. mabey figure out to the PM is so i can yell at him... Grumble grumble grumble...

You sure are having one bad day. :P

Hi back at you! :P

I agree with Y-s that the whole ultimatum threw me off stride, plus I'm kind of busy on Thursdays, so I didn't have as much time to organize my thoughts.

That being said, it's been difficult to pick out the baddies this time around. Most people have been posting their vote (or posting their non-vote <_< ) with a one sentence explanation and then they being quiet. Previously, I've been able to identify roles because of voting patterns and things people say, but it's hard on the first day (especially when half the people pretty much chose not to vote.) If nothing else, the ultimatum skewed the votes enough to lead the innocents to a bad decision. :(

While Frost claims to have just been trying to extend the voting time, he still seems the most suspicious to me. If he's cleared, I'm not sure what that means. :unsure: Unreality said that the vote would be extended for various reasons, but no one argued with LIS being the Defender so it was well established at that point and I think that any innocent would rather have Dusty lynched (nothing personal ;) , she just happened to be the only viable alternative) than lose the Defender. So when Frost took his vote off LIS and then put it back on, that got all sorts of warning bells ringing for me. The thing that occurred to me then was that whatever happened, Frost wanted the vote to be tied. Why would he want to do that? Maybe he is the Tiebreaker and by tying the vote, he would be able to decide the victim without anyone knowing that he was the culprit. Those are the most notable things that I've noticed. I'll have to go look back through again to see if I turn up anything on someone else.

That long enough for you? :P;)

"Frost wanted the vote to be tied. Why would he want to do that? Maybe he is the Tiebreaker and by tying the vote, he would be able to decide the victim without anyone knowing that he was the culprit. Those are the most notable things that I've noticed. I'll have to go look back through again to see if I turn up anything on someone else."

Good reasoning dawh. But i cant see Frost as being QA or Mafioso. Could be Yakuza.

But then there are quite a few posts that Frost wrote that make me think he is the ninja.

Or he wants us to think he is the ninja but is really yakuza!

Oh ya Mekal, that sucks! Are you still in jail?

Oh just got it. I looked at your profile Mek and you are a pyro!

Thats why there is a target on your back!

ha ha ha

But...thinking of others to consider...

LM and PwOnzd are possible.

**now where are my notes?

Hi back at you! :P

I agree with Y-s that the whole ultimatum threw me off stride, plus I'm kind of busy on Thursdays, so I didn't have as much time to organize my thoughts.

That being said, it's been difficult to pick out the baddies this time around. Most people have been posting their vote (or posting their non-vote <_< ) with a one sentence explanation and then they being quiet. Previously, I've been able to identify roles because of voting patterns and things people say, but it's hard on the first day (especially when half the people pretty much chose not to vote.) If nothing else, the ultimatum skewed the votes enough to lead the innocents to a bad decision. :(

While Frost claims to have just been trying to extend the voting time, he still seems the most suspicious to me. If he's cleared, I'm not sure what that means. :unsure: Unreality said that the vote would be extended for various reasons, but no one argued with LIS being the Defender so it was well established at that point and I think that any innocent would rather have Dusty lynched (nothing personal ;) , she just happened to be the only viable alternative) than lose the Defender. So when Frost took his vote off LIS and then put it back on, that got all sorts of warning bells ringing for me. The thing that occurred to me then was that whatever happened, Frost wanted the vote to be tied. Why would he want to do that? Maybe he is the Tiebreaker and by tying the vote, he would be able to decide the victim without anyone knowing that he was the culprit. Those are the most notable things that I've noticed. I'll have to go look back through again to see if I turn up anything on someone else.

That long enough for you? :P;)

I will admit that it would have been better to lynch Dusty, but I was rushed at the time and didn't have a whole lot of time to think it through.

Anyway...couple things I see wrong with this(in bold):

1. I never changed my vote back to LIS. I had a reason for voting for him initially, but that reason disappeared quite quickly.

2. If you are the Tiebreaker, you do not know it. The Tiebreaker is never told that they are the tiebreaker. The vote just goes to whatever side the Tiebreaker is on if there is a tie. The tiebreaker does not pick the who is chosen, they just happen to be the deciding factor. Besides, it would be hard to decide who to lynch by yourself, wouldn't it?

Edited by Frost

I will admit that it would have been better to lynch Dusty, but I was rushed at the time and didn't have a whole lot of time to think it through.

Anyway...couple things I see wrong with this(in bold):

1. I never changed my vote back to LIS. I had a reason for voting for him initially, but that reason disappeared quite quickly.

2. If you are the Tiebreaker, you do not know it. The Tiebreaker is never told that they are the tiebreaker. The vote just goes to whatever side the Tiebreaker is on if there is a tie. The tiebreaker does not pick the who is chosen, they just happen to be the deciding factor. Besides, it would be hard to decide who to lynch by yourself, wouldn't it?

You're right that you never changed your vote back to LIS, but after the tie was broken in favor of Dusty, you brought the vote back to a tie by removing your vote. Which in my mind, put you back to voting for LIS. I misremembered and didn't go back to check. Sorry. -_-

As for the tiebreaker thing, I completely forgot how it worked in the rules...it just made so much sense in my head :blush: . I wonder why it's so hard to keep track of all the rules; I don't seem to be the only one doing it. ;)

So I still think it's a little suspicious, though with the controversy about the events at the end of the day, it's difficult to say what's true at this point. :(

You're right that you never changed your vote back to LIS, but after the tie was broken in favor of Dusty, you brought the vote back to a tie by removing your vote. Which in my mind, put you back to voting for LIS. I misremembered and didn't go back to check. Sorry. -_-

Yeah, that was a pretty rash decision on my part, but I mainly wanted more time to think things over.