BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia VI: Gangs of Denbrain

unreality

oh... I see. But Brandonb is more known for being incredibly evil...

Yeah, I know, I wasn't sure which one of them to vote for. They are both quite possible, maybe both of them are baddies(Oh that would just be evil, hopefully unreality didn't put two of the best players in the mafia :D ), I just picked one. GC hasn't posted much(I know that's because of time zone issues), but I'd like to hear a defense of his.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know, I wasn't sure which one of them to vote for. They are both quite possible, maybe both of them are baddies(Oh that would just be evil, hopefully unreality didn't put two of the best players in the mafia :D ), I just picked one. GC hasn't posted much(I know that's because of time zone issues), but I'd like to hear a defense of his.

Uhhh....after the whole UR/Spy debacle in Mafia V, didn't we all agree it should be random... :huh:

Host: Unreality

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

10) Cherry Lane - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

16) CrazyPainter - voting for LM

17) Pw0nzd

18) Dusty - voting for LIS

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Sorry, but it just seems a little suspicious that LIS is confusing the Yakuza with other factions and things. He's usually very perceptive. I can't help feeling that he had an alternative motive for making the slip-ups and I'm curious what it is. Since the voting has started slowly, I guess it's time to move things forward a little.

I'm still not sure about the best strategy for dealing with the Mafia's Ultimatum, so if someone has a good idea, or LIS has a good defense, or someone else really looks suspect, I'll gladly change my vote.

mekal: someone only dies (or gets replaced) of inactiveness if they really are inactive and never participated ;D

speaking of this, Phaze is replacing ROF

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) Phaze

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Hehe, I'm not a lawyer, yet :P I got a few more years ahead of me.

ya, he has been oddly supporting the lynching of tolecnal... but i dont know... i think he is just looking at the ultimatum diffreantly then us...

Yeah, I think that's pretty obvious.

My thoughts are that the Spy and the Inspector are not gonna come out this early, they don't have enough information to do that. Instead of accidentally lynching one of them, or the Defender, or the Vagabond, or saving role, we can cross our fingers and lynch a less critical innocent.

The Bomb can't lie detect "I am innocent" statements anymore, so I don't know why the mafia wants to take them out so bad. But it sounds like a good trade to me IF they are going to keep up their end of the deal. Even if they don't keep their end of the deal, it's not a terrible casualty to take. The bomb can't help us like it used to, it's much less of an innocent defender, and slightly more of a baddie aggressor.

So I know this is going to make me look like a baddie (everything I do always does), but I am going to vote for Tolecnal. I believe it is in our best interest until we find more information in the following posts. If no one is with me, I am more than happy to change my vote if someone knows something that I don't.

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb -

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) Phaze

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edit:Update Roster

Edit 2: Well apparently the train has begun to move in a different direction, so I will withdraw my vote for now.

Edited by Brandonb

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl - voting for LIS

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Sorry, LIS, you know I love you, but I have to retire to bed soon and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it back on in the morning in time to vote. You know, if you die, you can always send your ghost to haunt me. :)

The current roster...

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb - voting for Tolecnal

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Sorry, LIS, you know I love you, but I have to retire to bed soon and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it back on in the morning in time to vote. You know, if you die, you can always send your ghost to haunt me. :)

good times... good times... oh wait, didn't i say i was going to bed? oh well, i have trouble sleeping when Mafia is going on.

so, BrandonB has a point in that the bomb isn't going to help us that much, So, (im really sorry tolecnal) im going to vote for tolecnal (im pretty sure that i was going to not vote for the bomb anymore, what is mafia doing to my head? :P ) also, it will keep the QA's apart for now.

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF

14) Mekal - voting for voting for tolecnal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edit: i am going to hate myself for a while after this. i just think it will end up being the best way...

Edited by Mekal

Hehe, I'm not a lawyer, yet :P I got a few more years ahead of me.

Yeah, I think that's pretty obvious.

My thoughts are that the Spy and the Inspector are not gonna come out this early, they don't have enough information to do that. Instead of accidentally lynching one of them, or the Defender, or the Vagabond, or saving role, we can cross our fingers and lynch a less critical innocent.

The Bomb can't lie detect "I am innocent" statements anymore, so I don't know why the mafia wants to take them out so bad. But it sounds like a good trade to me IF they are going to keep up their end of the deal. Even if they don't keep their end of the deal, it's not a terrible casualty to take. The bomb can't help us like it used to, it's much less of an innocent defender, and slightly more of a baddie aggressor.

So I know this is going to make me look like a baddie (everything I do always does), but I am going to vote for Tolecnal. I believe it is in our best interest until we find more information in the following posts. If no one is with me, I am more than happy to change my vote if someone knows something that I don't.

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb -

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

12) Puzzlegirl

13) Phaze

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edit:Update Roster

Edit 2: Well apparently the train has begun to move in a different direction, so I will withdraw my vote for now.

Hehe...so a few more years before you actually become evil...;P

But the way I see the deal is that basically the Mafia have little or nothing to lose...their goal is to take out everyone except themselves anyways, so basically by giving us the names of the other baddies, they're having us do part of their dirty work for them...at night they kill off the innocents, and during the day, we kill off the other baddies...

...oh! and plus this means that we're killing off other baddies instead of mafiosos so that the mafiosos will all still be alive...so basically by the time they feed us the other 5 baddies and we lynch them, we will be down at least 5 innocents (probably more like 10, depending on who kills who and saving roles, etc), so the innocents may end up in a lynch-or-lose situation or worse...

Edit: clarification

Edited by Yoruichi-san

To tell you the truth, after the last few games, I am terrified to say anything. :mellow: Especially with the thoughts I have about the situation. All that's gonna happen is that people are gonna see my suspicious looking avatar and try to lynch me again. Plus I have info that I drew from the post which no one else has noticed, but I don't wanna share it, b/c then I'll be accused for that too! I think I'll wait for someone else to get the ball rolling this time. :)

I hear ya there BB.... lol

uhhh yeah, that's on the list too ;D Just added that for Mafia VI. And it's not unclear- if you read previous Mafia games, it's ALWAYS shown when Doc/Healer, QAs, etc, get BTSC. It won't be shown for Vagabond/Defender if Vagabond tags Def (cuz tagging only shows up if tagged a QA), but will be shown if Defender saves Vagabond

What is BTSC?

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF

14) Mekal

15) Rene- voting for unknown at this time

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

I find LM very suspicious as it seems she is trying to cover her tracks as I did last game, and I last time was a mafiosa.... Hmmmm Bb.. why are you voting to lynch the bomb and knowingly take out an innocent? that makes my radar go clicky clicky

Edit: put wrong name and changed vote due to that

Edited by rene83

But the way I see the deal is that basically the Mafia have little or nothing to lose...their goal is to take out everyone except themselves anyways, so basically by giving us the names of the other baddies, they're having us do part of their dirty work for them...at night they kill off the innocents, and during the day, we kill off the other baddies...

...oh! and plus this means that we're killing off other baddies instead of mafiosos...so basically by the time they feed us the other 5 baddies and we lynch them, we will be down at least 5 innocents (probably more like 10, depending on who kills who and saving roles, etc), so the innocents may end up in a lynch-or-lose situation or worse...Edit: all the mafiosos will still be alive...

mmmmmm, good point. I dunno what to do about that though. If we are promised baddie identities, and they follow through. I can't figure that we could do better than a baddie lynch every day, can you?

I think I'm going call it a night. I will be back to vote in the morning.

How much time is left UR?

...oh! and plus this means that we're killing off other baddies instead of mafiosos...so basically by the time they feed us the other 5 baddies and we lynch them, we will be down at least 5 innocents (probably more like 10, depending on who kills who and saving roles, etc), so the innocents may end up in a lynch-or-lose situation or worse...Edit: all the mafiosos will still be alive...

accually, they cant really feed us more than 3 baddies, scince they have to find the QA's first... and plus with the ninja killing 2 nights in a row, we might be able to end up fine...

I find LM very suspicious as it seems she is trying to cover her tracks as I did last game, and I last time was a mafiosa.... However Frozen is raising HUGE suspicion in my books with the random vote for Tolecnal.... Please explain yourself Frozen.... I do not understand why you want to lynch the bomb and take out an innocent knowingly.... that points to you being a baddie

That wasn't Frozen, it was me. And if you read my previous posts you will see my reasoning behind it. Also, you're using an old roster, you should update it.

accually, they cant really feed us more than 3 baddies, scince they have to find the QA's first... and plus with the ninja killing 2 nights in a row, we might be able to end up fine...

Oooh I hadn't thought of that, good point. Not to mention that we have the Vagabond, who will hopefully knock out at least one of the QAs for us.

Edit: You're still using an old roster Rene. I withdrew my vote.

Edited by Brandonb

That wasn't Frozen, it was me. And if you read my previous posts you will see my reasoning behind it. Also, you're using an old roster, you should update it.

yeah I'm having trouble keeping up because people weren't using updated rosters. Sorry Frozen and sorry Bb.. modified my post to clear the error

roster:

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

4) Brandonb

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF

14) Mekal - voting for voting for tolecnal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

the Tax Collector has to PM before 5 more ppl vote or he/she would have to wait until people REMOVE their votes to PM lol

as for time: there is 12 hours 9 minutes left

Hi, I am in for ROF who hath been slacking.

I detest bullies, and see better chances ignoreing such

I also consider it suspicious that Brandon B is giving in to the mafia so easily

He may not be mafia, but someone else who gains out of this [cQAugh]

Having such a whily character he must be gaining somehow.

Therefore I am voting for Brandon B

<Appeal to UR>

Are there really no clues in the night post? Not even the message from the traids?

It just seemed a little random thats all

<Appeal to UR>

The current roster...

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF/Phase - voting for BrandonB

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Edit: Forgot the voting for

Edited by phaze

1) GC

2) Frozen

3) Frost - voting for GC

5) Dawh - voting for LIS

6) Ysan

7) LIS

8) Clueless

9) Twoaday

11) Johnson

13) ROF/Phase BrandonB

14) Mekal

15) Rene

17) Pw0nzd

19) LM

20) Dnae

21) Tolecnal

Frost: why are you voting for GC? I am waivering between LM and LIS (sorry guys!!)

mmmmmm, good point. I dunno what to do about that though. If we are promised baddie identities, and they follow through. I can't figure that we could do better than a baddie lynch every day, can you?

I highly doubt that the mafia will feed us a baddie identity ever day. I even doubt that they would tell us the identity of the Grim Reaper. Why? Because it's bad for them. True, they don't have to worry about the SB, but the GR brings kills that help the Mafia finish off all of the innocents(even though there is a chance that the GR will pick a mafioso, that is not their primary focus). Do you remember Mafia II? The Mafia killed off Scott, the GR, who killed off a mafioso on the same night. And that hurt the mafia incredibly they didn't have the aid of the GR killing off some of the innocents at the same time. The more badies they tell us about, the worse for them. While I'm not completely against lynching the SB, I think that we should definitely think long and hard about this before killing off tolecnal.

Edited by Frost

Yeah, that's true...but based on how crafty this initial proposal is, I don't think it's the end of it...like a blackmailer, always asking for more money...they will probably put some restrictions on the Ninja action as well, like "No killing" or something...I dunno...like you said, it's a "deal with the devil"...

Plus I hate being told what to do (right, UR? :P)...